Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Announcing Coverage of VanaFest 2012!

Just in case you all missed the official announcement on PlayOnline, the North American Community Team will be making an excursion over to the far eastern lands of Yokohama, Japan to cover VanaFest 2012 scheduled to take place June 23rd-24th!

It's been two years since Devin and Matt from the North American Community Team set out on their adventure to Tokyo to cover VanaFest 2010 for the community. They were able to bring all of the hottest news straight from the development team to the adventurers around the world. In the two years since then, FINAL FANTASY XI has evolved by leaps and bounds and the level cap was raised to 99. Well, they too have leveled up to the max to bring you even bigger and better coverage this year.

Yes, the intrepid duo plan to set out once again on a quest to bring everyone the hottest news, craziest revelations, jaw-dropping-est... things that happen at VanaFest 2012! You better believe that there will be tweets. You can guarantee that there will be videos. And you can bet that there will be contests!

Stay tuned for all of the details as we unravel their plans for the future!
    What this didn’t mention is that we will actually be live streaming the whole thing and giving Community Team digests covering the information and exciting things taking place at the event!

Hope you are all looking forward to this and we will be giving you updates as the event draws near!
    (21)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Sounds nice! I look forward to the updates! One request though... please don't show up on the forums or in game in one of those horrendously frightening moogle costumes... Cant sleep... moogle will eat me...
    (2)

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Needs more NA event!

I miss going to FanFests Take me with you Camate
    (4)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionx View Post
    Needs more NA event!

I miss going to FanFests Take me with you Camate
    From what I gather, Vanafest site states that you need a JP POL account and be living in Japan to be able to buy tickets. JP only, sorry.
    At least we'll get pics and videos of everyone having fun, heh.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    From what I gather, Vanafest site states that you need a JP POL account and be living in Japan to be able to buy tickets. JP only, sorry.
    Which is why I told Camate to take me with him.. I'm sure he could get me in <.<
    (2)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    how come Rukki wasn't included?!?!
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    Because if the coeurl was away the mice would play!
    (3)

Also one other thing I would like to add!

VanaFest 2012 will be taking place (in JST) from 9:00AM-5:00PM on 6/23 (Saturday) and 9:00AM-4:00PM on 6/24 (Sunday), which means that for our North American audience, the event will be starting on Friday, June 22 at 5PM and on Saturday, June 23 at 5PM (PDT). Hopefully this will be a convenient time for our players to tune-in to the live stream and check out the event!
    (11)
    Last edited by Camate; 05-03-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Times are PDT not PST
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    They are making me work behind-the-scenes because they are afraid I might take all of their spotlight!

I won't be by my lonesome at the NA office though, Okipuit joined "Team Community" so we'll be tag-teaming all of the back-end work while Camate and Bayohne are at VanaFest.

<3
    (15)

Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Hey everyone,

That's right! Your new Community Rep Okipuit here to make sure all news and updates makes it quickly and safely to you.

Just a quick introduction:
    I've been playing FINAL FANTASY XI avidly since NA PS2 launch and have a lot of fond memories growing up as a little Tarutaru. I've shared many laughs, epic adventures, and battles with friends/LS mates whom I still speak with today. Although, no one knows my secret identity. I could be in your very LS! (I guess you can say I enjoy playing Ninja most.)

Through my recent training and all the VanaFest 2012 information trickling in, rest assured that there is a lot of exciting news on the horizon. I can't wait to share all of this information and clarify any inquiries you guys have for the dev team.

Anyways, it's nice to meet you all and see you online.

-Okipuit
    (30)

Okipuit - Community Team

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast