Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Player
    With all of the relatively exotic meats being mentioned, I have come to imagine a group of very uniquely gifted people preparing this food. They wield various mock-ups of Final Fantasy XI weaponry and run around a warehouse full of strange animals swinging that weaponry. They have high hopes of hitting the animals and moderate hopes of not hitting each other.

Also, I imagine a lot of screaming. Someone holding something that resembles a Mandau makes a pair of short-pants out of an rhinoceros's uterus. A chef begins to openly weep. Four in the afternoon rolls around, and the guy smashing meerkats with an Ukonvasara-sort-of-thing says, "Okay, let's work on Final Fantasy XI for an hour before heading home!"
    If anyone didn't see that punchline coming, I am truly amazed.
    (0)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 05-25-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Character
    Kysenna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 85
    All of these dishes look fantastic! I'm so sad that we can't go to the Vana'Fest, but as a close second-place, when my husband and I meet up with some old FFXI friends at PAX, we're going to set aside a night to replicate some of these dishes. (And from reading the thread, it sounds like we're not alone.) So thank you for posting them!

Also, I just want to mention that the Galkan Sausage - delicious though it may be - makes me laugh. I can just see the menu prices now: "Nebimonite Bake with decorative nautilus shell: 1,500 yen. Dhalmel Stew made with honest-to-God camel: 2,000 yen. Galkan Sausage on a paper plate: 50 yen"
    (1)
    Last edited by Kysenna; 05-25-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kysenna View Post
    All of these dishes look fantastic! I'm so sad that we can't go to the Vana'Fest, but as a close second-place, when my husband and I meet up with some old FFXI friends at PAX, we're going to set aside a night to replicate some of these dishes. (And from reading the thread, it sounds like we're not alone.) So thank you for posting them!
    Make sure to share the pics of your renditions of these awesome foods! The Community Team would love to see them

That goes for anyone who decides to get culinary!
    (3)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Kikorimo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I knew the answer to the distilled water thing but I don't have a twitter account lol...
    (0)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You guys are wrong on the amount of items u need to upgrade an entire set. the math is 8+6x4 (the 4 'sub' peices) + 19 (10 body seals + 9 +2s) you need 75.
    (0)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The early bird catches the wyrm
    (1)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    shahagin type mobs
    (0)

Greetings!

First of all, covering VanaFest 2012 live and streaming to everyone across the world was an amazing experience and definitely an upgrade from 2010! The Community Team thanks everyone who took the time to tune in and hopes they all had an enjoyable time -- I know that Bayohne and I had a blast, perhaps too much fun!

Now then, for all of the adventurers who couldn’t check out the live stream or for those of you who would like to see all the core development panel info again, we are currently working on getting the videos up on our YouTube channel for your viewing pleasure.

Unfortunately due to some last minute technical problems ( ) we won’t be able to have full replays of the event, so we decided to do a re-take of development panels so that at least everyone can be on the same page information wise, which A LOT of amazing content. While you might miss out on the goofy things Bayohne and I said on the stream live (calling myself Bayohne right away by accident, dropping the term “jammin’ beats,” and completely calling Aphmau, “Aphmed”), these videos will serve to catch you all up to speed or refresh your memory of all the awesome updates the development team discussed.

In the meantime, you can check out all the Japanese videos that were posted yesterday, since you don’t really need to know a lick of Japanese to enjoy the costume event and the amazing concert performances.

Day 1:Day 2:
    We are working hard to get our videos up ASAP and we will be sure to let you know when they are ready!
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    can we get the japanese videos with english subs? all that i care about >.>
    (3)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Vanafest 2013 needs to come back to LA!
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast