Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    When are we actually gonna see some teasers of whats to come from vanafest. Unless this is it for 10th anniversary a few snippets of food and drinks. Hopefully not as was expecting something BIG to come.
    (0)

Camate here again to bring you yet more real-life renditions of delicacies from Vana’diel!

Curry Buns anyone?

Click image for larger version

Name:	forum_20120522.jpg
Views:	14924
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	2204

I find it ironic that one of the most popular attack enhancing foods adventurers choose to chomp down are donuts stuffed with delicious curry filling. I couldn’t imagine eating a curry bun as my pre-workout meal to get me fueled up! But alas, it is a world of fantasy after all! Don’t get me wrong though, it is probably one of the most delicious foods on Earth (and in Vana’diel).

Not only will we be featuring the affordable Yellow Curry Bun (upper left), we will also have the fancier Red Curry bun (lower right) as well. To make the Red Curry Bun, the whole development team was asked to go camp a dragon for a couple of hours to procure its meat. Apparently it didn’t turn out so well. They came back dragon meat-less, but had some good ideas for a substitute. What they chose is still a secret at the moment, but I hear that both buns are in fact delicious!

If you are like me, the instant you finish something spicy or salty, you feel a strong urge to eat something sweet. Well the Vana’diel café has adventurers with a sweet tooth covered.

Name:	forum_20120523.jpg
Views:	15100
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	2205

We are offering this nifty, perfect triumvirate of mini-desserts!

Think you can guess the name of each of these savory sweets?

Left:

Need more MP? Not a problem! This Rolanberry Pie has got you covered

Middle:

This stuff is pamamas! P-A-M-A-M-A-S. Pamamas Tart! (Sorry, sorry! I HAD TO!)

Right:

When you fear a certain monster, the best way to overcome it is to make food that symbolizes said monster and straight up eat it! Can’t go wrong with some Black Pudding.

I said there were three mini-desserts, but I lied. The 10th anniversary logo is actually edible and made out of white chocolate
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Masekase View Post
    When are we actually gonna see some teasers of whats to come from vanafest. Unless this is it for 10th anniversary a few snippets of food and drinks. Hopefully not as was expecting something BIG to come.
    Magic doesn't happen over night my friend! We are still a month out from the event itself, but you can expect things other than food and drinks to be teased in the near future
    (6)

Character
    Fusionx
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Magic doesn't happen over night my friend! We are still a month out from the event itself, but you can expect things other than food and drinks to be teased in the near future
    Like.... a new expansion?
    (7)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Those look delicious Camate. Keep it up!
    (0)

Character
    Ryanx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusionx View Post
    Ha ha ha nice fusion I wish we will see what happens.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionx View Post
    Or maybe we can summon Bahamut. /hope
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    To make the Red Curry Bun, the whole development team was asked to go camp a dragon for a couple of hours to procure its meat. Apparently it didn’t turn out so well. They came back dragon meat-less, but had some good ideas for a substitute. What they chose is still a secret at the moment, but I hear that both buns are in fact delicious!
    A mentally ill homeless man, who appeared after two-and-a-half hours of camping, believed the Development Bros to be mind-control men from Uranus and fought "with the soul of a dragon". This left the Development Bros covered in cuts and bruises but also gave them an inspired idea for a dragon-meat-substitute.

Late that night, the aforementioned homeless man and several of his homeless buddies mysteriously vanished.
    (0)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 05-25-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I can see the picture, and coming from a foody and cook, as much as you want that to be paella it is most assuradly not.
    As for the garnish, it's a no no to have some inedible that size on your plate.

Forshame on who ever the "cook" is.
    You have no idea what you're talking about, it's not even the same colour as a properly cooked curry.
    (3)

With the mere mention of the name of this next exquisite entrée, I fear that this thread will be flooded with a variety of clever posts that take well known movie titles, book titles, and other things, and replace a portion of it with the name of this famous creature of Vana’diel.

So I’m not even going to say the name! Nope!

Name:	forum_20120524.jpg
Views:	15237
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	2207

Delicious ______ Stew!

Based on the recipe, clearly this stew needs the meat of the creature that shall not be named (seriously, if you haven’t figured out which creature I am talking about by now…). So what did we do to replicate it? Well that’s easy! Camels We will be serving two different kinds of stew, one that features beef and another version that uses the slightly more eccentric camel meat. I wonder if it tastes like chicken…

Since it’s just not good form to eat stew without some kind of bread to complement it, our stew has been graciously paired with some Iron Bread. We did our best to select a type of bread that we felt resembled the classic hard-baked Galkan bread, and it is perfect for dipping, dunking, or scooping up the sauce.
    (6)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast