Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Telling someone that they're asking for everything to be handed to them and telling them to go play WoW Isn't only stating an opinion, It is berating. Rather you choose to see it or not is entirely different story.

The fact that you may have played other MMO's and still tell people to "go Play WoW" if they ask for an adjustment that makes something more reasonable just means that you're not oblivious, just cynical or sadistic. I don't think thats really an improvement. The fact you've seen how well and rewarding other games can be and continue to think "challenge" comes from sitting outside Port Bastok and Waiting for your Earring to charge to blow through 4 Tactics pearl uses to raise your Bonds is nothing short of baffling.

For the record, Your posting on a Public forum, Its a place where you opinion is meant to be read. Its like posting your Information on facebook and being upset people are viewing it. Opinion or not, Its an illogical Opinion with no reasonable roots, and as Such, I will in turn give you my opinion on said subject. I can say the same, "dont read it if you don't want too". But i won't. I want you to read my opinion, Its why I bother typing it.

Point is, You still don't have a single good argument as to why NPC's Bond Requirements should not be lowered in light of the drastic system changes in the last couple years that have cause that systems balance to be torn asunder. So its really a moot point to even continue typing but hey, I enjoy doing it so Its not like I'm losing anything from it. But, As you so nicely wrapped up this post, I shall do the same. It doesn't look like we'll ever see Eye to eye.

Which is sad in a way. I can't help everyone. Just wish you could have realized this man isn't asking for it handing on a silver platter, Just for it to return to how it was when NPC's were released. That is, Leveling and talking to them naturally progressed the storyline within the time it should be, and not having to wait weeks talking to them to progress.

As a final thought. I'm only human. After quite some time of being baffled by what some people will do, I have the right to get angry. You should see my posts before i edited them, You would truly appreciate how much restraint i have when it comes ot "Name Calling" I spend the better half of 15 minutes after posting editing my posts because i realize they come off too mean. I don't really care how people tend to view me when i get angry, Because everyone gets angry.

If you don't like how i word something? Fine, I'm not always sugar plums. But don't start playing the victim and calling me out for using name calling when your first post here was basically "Fk Off and go play WoW" to the OP.
    (12)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 05-02-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Oh, your npc is 55? You want to level to 56? Well no dice, you are a lazy player and you want things handed to you. Don't post on this forum, you should instead quit and play WoW. You probably are a product of Abyssea and don't recycle your bottles and cans.

Seriously, why would anybody protest this? Do you have nothing better to do? This thread is full of ridiculous responses.
    (2)

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    In my own defense on my attacking response, I didn't say anything to attack you until you told those of us that had a differing opinion from your own to "Again, Please pull your head out of your collective butts". I was giving my opinion up until that point. Again, we will agree to disagree on this.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamms View Post
    Yea it brought a different kind of player. A player who has no clue on how to play the job let alone gear it properly and have the right state of mind to achieve playing it.
    You haven't been around long have you? That player was always there. You can make the game impossibly hard or incredibly easy and that player will always be there... ALWAYS... I can't stress that enough. ALWAYS!!
    (2)

Character
    Zamiel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    You haven't been around long have you? That player was always there. You can make the game impossibly hard or incredibly easy and that player will always be there... ALWAYS... I can't stress that enough. ALWAYS!!
    I have been around since 2003, I have seen my fair share of hard leveling and trying to get atleast 1 level a day and if lucky 2 levels. I have seen the hnmls wars and what not. Also you need to make sure you are verifying who i am check out my ffxiah page sweetheart, I am no noob.
    (1)

I have been around since 2003, I have seen my fair share of hard leveling and trying to get atleast 1 level a day and if lucky 2 levels. I have seen the hnmls wars and what not. Also you need to make sure you are verifying who i am check out my ffxiah page sweetheart, I am no noob.
    I think you're missing the point.

What our friend was trying to say is, quite clearly, Idiots have always been around. Hell, Back in my newbie days i was one of those idiots. But I eventually Enlightened myself. Idiots weren't created with Abyssea, There were people at 75 back in 2006-7 Who were as dumb as those new 99 players today.

Its not about when you started or how far you've come when it comes to not being an idiot. People playing since day 1 can be as dumb as sin. The only thing that sets apart skilled vs tard is the willingness to learn, and that wasn't anything new to Abyssea.

The real point is, Idiots will exist, Forever. Any Game, Any planet, Anywhere. There will always be stupid people. Rather a game is easy or hard, Idiots will exist. This is true for FFXI. Abyssea did not breed new idiots, They've been here since release, Its just easier to spot them these days because the population is so small they stick out.
    (5)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    So sad... so few PPL are care about NPC and only thing they cry for: Bond... They are so many thing to improve on NPC BEFORE Bond problem:

-Place we can call them (thank Devs, you coming with new area this year)
    -The gears for them (don't forget they didn't change anything else since we can level them to 95)
    -The way the IA work:
    -Soothing healer than spend all MP on 1st mob you fight.
    -The way they use WS, using variety of useless WS sometime.
    -No new Habilty, beside spell, after the new cap.

They are some point that our IA friend realy need improvement and Time to build bond should be placed pretty low on the list. I don't say go play WoW if you bla bla bla... I just say Devs should work on some other aspect of NPC.
    (4)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

Character
    Zamiel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yes 1 of my biggest issues on npc as a mage is spamming debuff spells on monsters then when you or it needs cured there is no mp and you have to stop and rest mp on it.
    (0)

I'm very much in agreement with OP as well. I've only just gotten around to start leveling my npc and after just a few sessions she's almost to level cap already but our bond can't be that high already (not sure how to check it). But I'd like to be able to get to the quests and LBs for her a bit more quickly. At the very least, if bond calculation is left the same, make the limit break quests independent of bond and make them rely on NPC level instead like actual LB quests do.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well you have a relic and a few Empys. Impressive. You're way behind on your missions, and you have all of 2 jobs leveled to cap. You're even further behind on crafting than I am, which is a feat unto itself. Wait, what were we talking about again?

Oh yeah! Adventuring Fellows... Yes the true measure of success and accomplishment in FFXI which to make any changes to whatsoever would destroy the very integrity... no the heart and soul of FFXI! Yes, I see what you mean now! A max-level and max-bond Adventuring Fellow is the very essence of existence! Life as a whole would have no meaning whatsoever if it were made an easy process! Society would collapse into something far worse than the Dark Ages! We must maintain the status quo for the good of the future! For the children! FOR MANKIND!

Thank you! Thank you, Oh Magnificent One! You have shown this poor lost soul the light! Praise be unto you!
    (3)
    Last edited by Camiie; 05-03-2012 at 08:29 AM.

11. 05-04-2012 07:03 AM

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast