Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thanks Camate for the update, again this is great news indeed. How come you always get to bring good news while your other team mates get to delivered bad news after bad news
    (0)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    While I'm glad to see that this is being addressed, I'd also like to see some adjustments to improve the usability of the adventuring fellow. In particular, the Stalwart Shield type can't keep hate off a wet rag on account of the fact that their self-cures don't generate enmity. The adventuring fellow is kind of weak as-is, they should be able to get the Signet/Sanction/Sigil defense/evasion bonus vs. the Even Match or lower mobs they are targeting (and should not lose TP when resting). Also you should be able to pay tabs for the NPC to get the fields/ground tome buffs, and maybe be able to give them some food somehow.

Not being able to choose what weaponskill your fellow uses limits their utility for things like making skillchains to break weaponskill trial weapon latent effects. There's really no reason that they shouldn't be able to enter the beastman strongholds when they can travel through time to be by your side; I don't mind if I have to do a quest to give them access, just as long as we can find a way to bring them. Also, at this point in the game where it's hard to find players to do low level content due to it being trivialized, perhaps fellows should be allowed into the level capped Beastman Seal/Kindred's Seal battlefields (note that most of them still wouldn't be soloable even with this help, it would merely cut down the number of players you need to find to help you to a more manageable number).
    (3)

You make it sound like changing the rate at which fellowship bonds increase is a gigantic undertaking. Doubling or tripling the amount of bond you get each time you summon/talk to her would probably take a whole 10 minutes for one single dev.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraggy View Post
    Thankfully SE see there's a problem, even if you don't: cute use of 'bold' there, you made my point for me.

Hint: it's not the time it takes to do once, it's the days and weeks where the NPC is stuck way below my level, as I pointed at, and that this is NOT how it was in the beginning so SE didn't even then intend it to be this tedious.
    There's that little thing called 'levelling other support jobs' while you wait for your bond to increase.
    (0)

You've really already lost the argument, SE is adjusting it, Clearly it needed to be adjusted. Can drop it.

Its okay, Win some lose some.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    There's that little thing called 'levelling other support jobs' while you wait for your bond to increase.
    Not when you don't have any subjobs left to level.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hey everyone!

Just a quick update on adventuring fellow bonds!

The Development Team is currently testing and looking into what would be the best way to improve the rate in which your bond with your adventuring fellow increases. As long as everything goes smoothly, we should be able to implement it during the next version update.
    easiest and best option IMO, the longer you keep it out, alive with successful kills the greater the bond grows. so you are simply rewarded for taking the effort to level it with <drumroll> the ability to keep leveling it without waiting for weeks.

Seriously, you redesigned the entire game with being at end-game levels in less than a week, why leave the NPC back in a playstyle you destroyed to all intents and purposes? I mean, everyone knows I'm against burning jobs and leaving massive skill gaps at end-game levels, but it IS a done deal and there's nothing we can do about it, so if we're gonna be burning then burn the NPC as well.
    (1)

Character
    Yespa
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    We should also receive a higher tier (or tiers) of fellow ship bonds, given the new max of 95, an increase in max time/max mob kills per call would be nice, and also access to abyssea would be very nice, but unlikely. New abilities would be cool for the fellow as well! Maybe a special depending on your job? Well if I think of any more ideas, Ill return and post ^^
    (0)

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yespa View Post
    We should also receive a higher tier (or tiers) of fellow ship bonds, given the new max of 95, an increase in max time/max mob kills per call would be nice, and also access to abyssea would be very nice, but unlikely. New abilities would be cool for the fellow as well! Maybe a special depending on your job? Well if I think of any more ideas, Ill return and post ^^
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Please modify the automaton interface that PUP uses, and apply it to our npc fellow, so we can equip them with real gear.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5