Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackastheripper View Post
    Don't change a thing. It is called putting time and effort into the game to unlock things. Next thing everyone is going to say that chocobo raising is to hard and we should just be able to pick the chocobo we want and buy it. Not everything in this game is meant to be handed to you like it is in abyssea. It is nice to have things that still take a lot of time and effort to unlock and appreciate.
    LOL at the asinine reply.

There's nothing about 'take the time' here, fool, it's asking for a return to the game AS IT WAS when the initial mobs-per-kill limit was TWENTY-FIVE. It'a now FIFTY so you the NPCs level at TWICE the speed and thus half the number of summons, they hit the cap TWICE AS QUICKLY .. AS THEY DID WHEN THE NPC WAS INTRODUCED.

I'm asking for a RETURN TO HOW IT USED TO BE, ie. Bond requirements to uncap NPC levels, not asking for something to be dumbed down to a level it wasn't at the beginning.

Try thinking before replying, makes you look less stupid.
    (6)
    Last edited by Kraggy; 05-02-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Character
    Cardgrey
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    i think its fine the way it is
    (5)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    "It doesn't affect me so it's fine" is what I'm getting from this thread.
    (2)

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    I am not saying I have never have benefited from an adjustment. I have had my share of complaints. I agree that the grind of some things can be tedious. I am not saying that Abyssea is the devil. I love Abyssea. It has changed the mentality of the game and brought with it a different kind of player. Not everything has to be updated to be super easy though and super fast. I actually quit this game at one point right after ps2 release because I thought it was to friggin hard. I came back about a year later and fell in love with it.

There are some thing though that, I believe, should stay the same for the sake of making it mean something to achieve it. The Maat fight, HLMN's, Adventuring Fellows, Skilling Up, Chocobo Raising, Crafting, the LB 10 fight, Final Magian Moogle Weapon/Gear, Meteor obtaining, and a host of other things(again, my opnion) need to stay the same because they are meant to be. If everyone had a pair of lvl 99 Verethragna, a Black Belt, a fully leveled NPC, their crafting/combat/magic skills capped, Meteor, and those other hard to obtain things, they wouldn't matter anymore.

Look at the Twilight set. It was meant to be a super powerful set of gear with bonuses to match and getting it was supposed to be of equal challenge. I remember the reaction to it when it was announced. Everyone was like OMFGWTFSQUEEEEEE!!!! People complained, SE caved, everyone has it, nobody cares anymore. Same thing with +2 Emperean Armor. Now everybody has it and it is more of a grind to get and you don't really get the sense of accomplishment that you would have if it would have stayed just as hard to obtain. Mythics and Relics (take heed of those names again) are in the same boat now. In a game like this, there are things that are meant to be trophy items that people have for putting the time and effort into doing it. If you take away the restrictions, lower the bar, decrease the difficulty, shorten the time, or anything else like that you just cheapen the experience.

I have a lvl 76 NPC. I went through all the same problems with having to wait for it's bond to raise, going through the quests, doing the running etc. Just because it is easier for us to get to a high level quicker shouldn't effect this. Evert time it makes a level, I actually feel like I have accomplished something. The time and effort put into it make the reward all that much better.

That is why I actually loved the new LB10 quest. I haven't had a fight that hard, and in the end, that satisfying to beat in a long time on this game. Not ashamed to say I went 1/8 on this one.

Once again, I don't hate Abyssea. I don't think it ruined the game. I just don't think that every aspect of the game needs to be tweaked to accommodate the inherent problems that come with going from leveling exponentially faster than what the game was originally intended for. It's the price we pay.

I am not trying to start a flame war here, I just want there to be some things for all of us to have to strain to achieve. I want to feel good when I finally get one of those trophy items.
    (5)

Character
    Zamiel
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It has changed the mentality of the game and brought with it a different kind of player..

Yea it brought a different kind of player. A player who has no clue on how to play the job let alone gear it properly and have the right state of mind to achieve playing it.
    (5)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamms View Post
    Yea it brought a different kind of player. A player who has no clue on how to play the job let alone gear it properly and have the right state of mind to achieve playing it.
    So true... And about bond, like I said, they are perfect like it is now. Do the Promyvion Quest with you're NPC and call it 4 time a day... talk to him everyday in city... Seriously I Will prefer Devs will spend time to unlock new area to call them (thx to them, they will do it), get them new weapons, new Armor or new skill/book to improve them. Bond or XP... this is perfect the way it is.
    (5)

If it bleeds, I can kill it.
    If it doesn't bleeds...
    I can probably kill it too.

I don't feel there should be anything left to argue. Anyone agreeing that it should remain the same is nothing short of unreasonable. This isn't about any "Abyssea Mindset". This system was fine when it was released, because NPC'd leveled slowly, as players did, and you would naturally cap your NPC's friendship by doing the normal tasks, Speaking with them, Leveling them, and Tactics Pearl Quests.

However, Since its implementation. Experience Gained has DOUBLED, and Adventuring Fellow Time has Doubled at base! This system is no longer relevant. They should not remove the Friendship levels, But they should adjust it so that a person who has Called their NPC enough to reach level 50, and Spoken with them every day as such, Should be able to get the next quest by the time they reach level 50.

There is absolutely nothing rewarding or sane about wasting, yes, WASTING, Tactic's pearl charges outside of town to raise your Friendship.

I should let everyone know, my NPC is capped, at level 95 i think(?), Its been a while, But this is just going to say This update would not effect me AT ALL, But I still support it because the system is outdated. If Exp was the same, and NPC Duration was the same, I could say "Deal with it", and move on. But this isn't about "Abyssea era" Changing people. Its the fact 2 Fundamental Systems of the game were changed that drastically effect the Friendship Points of NPCs.

Again, Please pull your head out of your collective butts here and realize this isn't about dumbing down NPCs, Its about adjusting them to match the Doubled Exp Bonus, And Increased Adventuring Fellow Duration. Don't remove the system, Just make it to where you're not stalled at cap, and forced to either wait multiple real life days to raise your Friendship. Theres nothing challenging about Waiting to JP Midnight and talking to your NPC for a month just to get enough fame.

*Sigh*, I try not to sound to upset or resort to name calling, But I'm only Human. I'm upset because I'm baffled as to why people think any artificial challenge or cockblock should be remained to preserve the "Difficulty" of the game.

Nothing challenging, rewarding, or fun about Capping your NPC and blowing Charges or Wasting days listening to her babble about Jeuno's Archduke. If a player has done everything right (Summoned Every day, SPoke to NPC Every day, Done Tactics Quest each week), This should naturally reward them with the next Limit Break Quest without having to spend the next 2 weeks with your NPC at level 50, Wasting Signal Pearl Charges, and Talking to them to raise your friendship.

I'm not saying reward the lazy, No one is. They're asking for an adjusted Friendship level to match the drastic system changes. (Double Exp/Increased Duration). RIght now, I believe its about 50 Friendship for the 50 cap, Due to the above changes, It should be lowered to about 10-15. This will still require you do everything right, speak to NPC Daily, etc etc, But should allow players to cap their Friendship by the time they hit level 50 with their NPC.
    (10)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 05-02-2012 at 01:15 PM.

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    ^-------- Wants this game to be handed to him with no work or time involved. If you want that, go play WoW.
    (2)
    Last edited by Jackastheripper; 05-02-2012 at 11:58 AM.

^-------- Wants this game to be handed to him with no work or time involved. If you want that, go play WoW.
    reducing requirements to raise an Adventuring Fellows Cap to meet the system changes in the last few years is not asking something to be handed to them, As for the whole "WoW is Easy" Sheep Mindset, WoW actually has way more difficulty than FFXI, But it actually rewards you for succeeding, So you get your armor in a quicker fashion. FFXI's difficulty comes in artificial walls and meaningless time sinks. I'll stop that explanation here, As i feel its wasted time.

Also, I said my NPC is capped. I capped it back when it first came out, my NPC always reached level cap within days of them increasing it. I did everything the old way, I've been playing since before CoP release, I was in the NA Beta, I beat CoP before they made it easier, I got a Maat's cap long before Abyssea. I've done more stuff in this game than you can spank too, But none of that gives me some asinine sense of self-entitlement that anyone asking for it to be adjusted is lazy, that you seem to wear around you waist. Theres nothing wrong with adjusting something that needs adjustment.

The bond System was designed to a point that if you Talked to your NPC Daily, and Leveled it, You would be able to obtain the Cap quest by the time you hit 50. It should stay that way now, Which means it needs adjusting. Nothing more, Nothing less.

Still, The worst part is? You say "Go to WoW", Only because you see other people use it. WoW is the popular thing to hate, So you use that as your come-back. Its pathetic, and that's the worse part. You've probably never even touched another MMO past the first 10 levels, if at all, to realize FFXI is pretty much the bottom of the barrel in a lot of aspects, and the only reason most of us still enjoy it is because it was our First MMO, and with most peoples first MMO, you can overlook a lot in the name of Friends, Fun, and Enjoyment.

As such, the fun and Enjoyment should be considered in the highest light for any game.
    (10)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 05-02-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Character
    Jackastheripper
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    Wow. You hit the nail right on the head there. Not to mention the fact that, while I played FFXI, I also played Lineage 2, WoW, Warhammer online, and Rift all for well over a year, (exept for WoW that I only played for about 6 months because it was so easy that it was mind numbing) and I was a beta tester for Star Wars. You are correct on on thing though FFXI is not unique. It does have one unique factor to it though which is why I kept coming back. With those artificial walls and time sinks that are part of this game, it made you work with other people. That is why I play MMO's. WoW, Lineage 2, and Star Wars were all basicly the same game. The fact that there were no time sinks or walls that you needed other people to help finish was what made them all the same. You could play for hours and never have any contact with other people unless you wanted to do PvP and grind for gear.

On a side note, I usually enjoy reading your posts because you tend to be level headed and leave the childish name calling out, but you seem to have turned this into a flame war of name calling and berating. I never said the game shouldn't evolve and change, I simply said, like many other people believe that there are some aspects of the game that shouldn't be changed just because people don't want to put the time and effort into it. They added stuff (like the tactics pearl and letting them stay out longer) because people didn't want to spend time and effort and leveling them by calling them once a day and for a low amount of kills. Now people want it dumbed down some more. Excuse me for thinking that enough is enough.

Now this is the last response I will make because I think we are probably going to agree to disagree. I wasn't berating or name calling anyone. I was simply stating my opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it.
    (2)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast