Thread: 5-hit combos?

5-hit combos?

I'm not a WAR main, but I do play it quite a lot and have been looking into getting down to a 5-hit. I capped haste already, but it doesn't seem possible to get a 5-hit and keep haste capped without getting Phorcy's. I also found Wrathwing Nails on BG, but there's no mention of where they're from.

I'm currently able to get 48stp and I need 52 for the crappy axes I have.

I suppose the other option is get a widowmaker which only needs 46...

TP/Haste per slot so far so far:

0-0/4-0/---/2-0
    0-5%/3-0/1-0/1-0
    8-0/0-4%/5-0/4-0
    0-0/5-5%/0-7%/0-5%

+/SAM
    (0)

without floor 100 gear it cant be done.

With an ukon , its a pretty big sacrifice to do it
    With Relic, its nice pricy but nice

Wrathwing Nails wouldnt outdo your af3 i dont think. and 10-1 they are a legion drop and will cost more then all your war gear combined unless SE nerfs the fuck outta legion and makes it a 6manable event.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gokku; 05-01-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    For axes with < 504 delay, getting a 5-hit is very rarely worth it. It's not just Haste you need to sacrifice, but also much of other good TP stats (DA, Crit rate, Acc/Att and whatnot). For 504 delay you "only" need 46 Store TP, which would possibly make it worth it. But I'd still recommend some Phorcys gear, regardless.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    For axes with < 504 delay, getting a 5-hit is very rarely worth it. It's not just Haste you need to sacrifice, but also much of other good TP stats (DA, Crit rate, Acc/Att and whatnot). For 504 delay you "only" need 46 Store TP, which would possibly make it worth it. But I'd still recommend some Phorcys gear, regardless.
    I figured that TPing in 48stp and a 504 would drop the TP requirement of the WS down... but we still need 19.1TP from the WS, which is 46 sTP still >< which means WSing in Goading Belt lol. Not sure if the regain Aug Moonshade instead of a 1 sTP would be enough to remove this requirement, but I doubt it.

Edit: In fact, of course it must. Even WSing every 6 seconds including WS delay (maybe possible at capped haste if DA procced both times) means 2 TP gained, so WS TP requirement drops to 17.1TP which is only 25sTP equipped for WS. And 15 of that comes from /SAM anyway. 9 Seconds drops the sTP from gear to 3 if /SAM. Now we're getting there XD. I need to go and change my earring >.>
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 05-02-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Remember that Raging Rush is a 3-hit WS and Upheaval a 4-hit. Meaning, every subsequent hit will give you an additional 1*sTP TP return. Let's say on average one of the hits will miss (should definitely be less, but let's go with the worst case) and let's say you keep Rajas, Brutal, Tyrant's and Ravager's Lorica +2 on for the WS, which means you'll have 15 Store TP from /SAM and 18 from gear. That would give you an average TP return of (13.7*1.33 + 1*1.3) = 19.5 on RR and (13.7*1.33 + 2*1.3) = 20.8 on Upheaval. That should do the trick, except for the cases where you actually do miss 2 of the subsequent hits on Raging Rush (which is even rarer if you consider your chance to Double Attack).
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    For axes with < 504 delay, getting a 5-hit is very rarely worth it.
    This is entirely incorrect.
    5 hit is better than 6 hit for everything other than Ukon, provided you get the correct gear for it. The reason Ukon can't do 5 hit, is because you have to give up tons of stuff to do it other axes don't, because they will use Upheaval and also have a higher delay. Even Bravura's 5 hit is better than 6 hit.

Bravura 5 hit:
    Bravura / Rose Strap / /Warrior's Orb
    Phorcys hat / Rancor collar / Ravager's earring / Brutal Earring
    Armadaberk(5-6 stp, da3 augments)/ Ogiers gloves / Tyrants ring / Rajas ring
    Atheling mantle / Phos belt / AF3+2 pants / AF3+2 shoes
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/255872

Using this set with Bravura (488 delay) and Upheaval and landing 2 of the 3 extra hit on it will give you a 5 hit.

Upheaval:
    Bravura / Rose strap / / Oneiros pebble
    AF3+2 head or Drachenhorn depending on attack / Apathy Gorget / Moonshade earring / Brutal earring
    Phorcys if 7% WSD is all hits Valkyrie breastplate (3% triple attack augment)if its not / Phorcys gloves / Terrasoul ring / Spiral ring
    Atheling mantle / Windbuffet belt / Phorcys pants / Dilarams sollerets
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/251377

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I'm not a WAR main, but I do play it quite a lot and have been looking into getting down to a 5-hit. I capped haste already, but it doesn't seem possible to get a 5-hit and keep haste capped without getting Phorcy's.
    Because you really can't. Well, I mean you could, but it wouldn't be as good. Looking at the above set, if you swapped Phorcys hat during TP for Zelus, and Body to AF3+2, and used White tathlum (that should work depending on the axe's delay, if it doesn't you could drop one of the 2 added items and use the food Carbonara instead) you'd really only be giving up the 15 STR, 11 DEX, 3% Double attack, and maybe 17~ attack. Which don't get me wrong, that is a lot of potential damage, but it would still be better than not using it and going with the standard gimp set using goading belt and 4/5 AF3+2 with zelus and stuff (unless you have an Ukon).

Again keep in mind, this TP set is only for use with Upheaval and you need 2 of the 3 1 TP hits to connect to maintain a 5 hit.
    (0)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 05-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    This is entirely incorrect.
    5 hit is better than 6 hit for everything other than Ukon, provided you get the correct gear for it. The reason Ukon can't do 5 hit, is because you have to give up tons of stuff to do it other axes don't, because they will use Upheaval and also have a higher delay.
    That was my point, with delay less than 504 it's either 488 or 482. But I admit I've been living in the past. I didn't consider neither Phorcys gear and other nice pieces like Ogier's Gauntlets or Phos Belt, nor Upheaval, which gives 1.2 extra TP after a WS, both of which help a lot with maintaining a 5-hit build. Nowadays not nearly as much has to be sacrificed to maintain a 6-hit build.
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Upheaval:
    Bravura / Rose strap / / Oneiros pebble
    AF3+2 head or Drachenhorn depending on attack / Apathy Gorget / Moonshade earring / Brutal earring
    Phorcys if 7% WSD is all hits Valkyrie breastplate (3% triple attack augment)if its not / Phorcys gloves / Terrasoul ring / Spiral ring
    Atheling mantle / Windbuffet belt / Phorcys pants / Dilarams sollerets
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/251377
    Which augments are you using on Moonshade Earring? I'm assuming not regain since you use for WS not TP.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Which augments are you using on Moonshade Earring? I'm assuming not regain since you use for WS not TP.
    Attack+4 and TP Bonus+25
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos