Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Agerknux
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree, I would much rather spend more MP for a longer buff duration. That extra time used to rebuff yourself is a loss of a lot of damage(Where blu already behind 2h jobs where the dds are buffed as well).
    (1)

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Many of Buff magic of Blu become useless since it's duration is too short. Let's see

BLM version
    Shock Spike / Spell cost: 24 MP
    Casting Time: 3 seconds
    Recast Time: 10 seconds
    Spell Duration: 3 minutes

BLU Version
    Plasma Charge / Spell cost: 24 MP
    Recast Time: 60 seconds
    Duration: 60 seconds

Same MP same cast time but why blu end up 1 min and blm get it for 3 min?

or

Ice Spikes / Spell cost: 16 MP
    Recast Time: 10 seconds
    Spell Duration: 3 minutes

Reactor Cool / Spell cost: 28 MP
    Recast Time: 60 seconds
    Duration: 120 seconds (2 minutes)

It's already almost double MP just for 12 percent more def still less duration than ice spikes.

Same to many of buff/debuff magic with very short duration.
    Like Barrier Tusk you cast time is 10 percent of totally time use that is very insane. Make it more useful please.
    (2)

Character
    Niloc
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Another vouch for make the spells last longer and increase the MP cost appropriately. Right now the spells are NOT worth using at all. We wouldnt give up points on our spell list for these buffs at the moment.

3 minute duration Triumphant roar at 108mp instead of 36mp? I'd take that in a heart beat.
    (3)
    Last edited by Transmit; 05-16-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Character
    Rayna
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Thank you very much Camate for the response.

To sum up, I think it's fair to say based on the feedback in this thread, the consensus among BLUs is that we're perfectly willing and ready to pay more MP to cast these buff spells in return for a longer duration.

But I want to stress that I think it would need to be at least x2 the duration and probably closer to x3 or even more in many cases to be a worthy improvement. In other words, please don't skimp on this

In terms of ways to execute this, besides making a flat update to all buff spells across the board (which I think is fine and I can't imagine any BLU complaining about), another way is to create a stance that applies only to BLU buff spells where cost is tripled in return for tripled duration. That allows you to leave the present system alone. This ability "stance" could become one of the new merit abilities where each additional upgrade enhances the potency of the buff by 5%.

In any event, I really hope this change doesn't get pushed to the back burner because it really is one aspect of BLU that is pretty broken at the moment, in varying degrees.

Looking forward to hearing more feedback from Dev. Thanks again Camate!
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Briarb19 View Post
    Thank you very much Camate for the response.

To sum up, I think it's fair to say based on the feedback in this thread, the consensus among BLUs is that we're perfectly willing and ready to pay more MP to cast these buff spells in return for a longer duration.

But I want to stress that I think it would need to be at least x2 the duration and probably closer to x3 or even more in many cases to be a worthy improvement. In other words, please don't skimp on this

In terms of ways to execute this, besides making a flat update to all buff spells across the board (which I think is fine and I can't imagine any BLU complaining about), another way is to create a stance that applies only to BLU buff spells where cost is tripled in return for tripled duration. That allows you to leave the present system alone. This ability "stance" could become one of the new merit abilities where each additional upgrade enhances the potency of the buff by 5%.

In any event, I really hope this change doesn't get pushed to the back burner because it really is one aspect of BLU that is pretty broken at the moment, in varying degrees.

Looking forward to hearing more feedback from Dev. Thanks again Camate!

You mean Composure... Not going to happen.
    (0)

Character
    Rayna
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    You mean Composure... Not going to happen.
    Well Camate just said they're concerned about making BLU overpowered by increasing duration. Call it whatever you want - at least a stance is a possible fix.
    (1)
    Last edited by Briarb19; 05-16-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    What's overpowering? Most of the spells we'd share with the pt would be once every 10mins. If it were once every 1 to 3 then i'd understand. SE often judges spell vs spell but players judge spell + situation + recasts/casts vs situation and that's why we have these problems--we play to win which is something i think they no longer do (See PW for details).
    (2)

Character
    Saenomo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Can we have the rest of blue "magic" classified in terms of formal spellcasting? Our healing spells are based off Healing skill and are affected by "Increases 'Cure' potency" gear. Can we get our buffs classified as Enhancing Magic, our debuffs classified as Enfeebling Magic, and our Drain/Aspir type spells classified as Dark Magic (Maybe Holy for Magic Hammer to protect the broken aspect of what I am about to suggest on the next line).

This way, /SCH would be able to enhance the spells using their stratagems and again making them more viable options.

~~~~

From a different option, and one I think people might find agreeable, would a new Job Trait be out of the question?

A BLU exclusive Job Trait.

In an effort to keep the beast at bay, the Magus Attire was forged in an effort to prevent the transformation into something far more feral (Never figured out why a powerful BLU would become a BLM Soulflayer even if they had no experience as a BLM). A new method was developed by the Immortals to protect oneself further, but recovery time increases.

Protected Soul (Job Trait): The duration of your buff spells increases, but your recast time for all spells increases.
    Protected Soul I - Buff duration increases by 15%. Recast time for all spells increases by 30%.
    Protected Soul II - Buff duration increases by 10% (25%). Recast time for all spells increases by 20% (50%).
    Protected Soul III - Buff duration increases by 15% (40%). Recast time for all spells increases by 30% (80%).
    Protected Soul IV - Buff duration increases by 10% (50%). Recast time for all spells increases by 20% (100%).

Set 2 of the following spells for each tier:
    Cocoon
    Refueling
    Feather Barrier
    Diamondhide
    Amplification
    Triumphant Roar
    Regeneration
    Battery Charge

This would mean that, in exchange for doubling the recast time of all of your spells, you could increase the duration of your buffs by 50%. A 1-minute buff would last 30 extra seconds, a 3-minute buff would last for closer to 4 minutes and 30 seconds. However, blue spells could not be spammed anywhere near as fast. In fact, the trait would have an added benefit to limiting the TP feed of some spell happy BLUs much to the joy of some tank jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saenomo View Post
    Can we have the rest of blue "magic" classified in terms of formal spellcasting? Our healing spells are based off Healing skill and are affected by "Increases 'Cure' potency" gear. Can we get our buffs classified as Enhancing Magic, our debuffs classified as Enfeebling Magic, and our Drain/Aspir type spells classified as Dark Magic (Maybe Holy for Magic Hammer to protect the broken aspect of what I am about to suggest on the next line).

This way, /SCH would be able to enhance the spells using their stratagems and again making them more viable options.

~~~~

From a different option, and one I think people might find agreeable, would a new Job Trait be out of the question?

In an effort to keep the beast at bay, the Magus Attire was forged in an effort to prevent the transformation into something far more feral (Never figured out why a powerful BLU would become a BLM Soulflayer even if they had no experience as a BLM). A new method was developed by the Immortals to protect oneself further, but recovery time increases.

Protected Soul (Job Trait): The duration of your buff spells increases, but your recast time for all spells increases.
    Protected Soul I - Buff duration increases by 15%. Recast time for all spells increases by 30%.
    Protected Soul II - Buff duration increases by 10% (25%). Recast time for all spells increases by 20% (50%).
    Protected Soul III - Buff duration increases by 15% (40%). Recast time for all spells increases by 30% (80%).
    Protected Soul IV - Buff duration increases by 10% (50%). Recast time for all spells increases by 20% (100%).

Cocoon
    Refueling
    Feather Barrier
    Diamondhide
    Amplification
    Triumphant Roar
    Regeneration
    Battery Charge

This would mean that, in exchange for doubling the recast time of all of your spells, you could increase the duration of your buffs by 50%. A 1-minute buff would last 30 extra seconds, a 3-minute buff would last for closer to 4 minutes and 30 seconds. However, blue spells could not be spammed anywhere near as fast. In fact, the trait would have an added benefit to limiting the TP feed of some spell happy BLUs much to the joy of some tank jobs.
    You can't have a job trait that hurts you, it's a passive ability that you can't choose to toggle on or off. What if I wanted to set cocoon and battery charge but didn't want my buff recasts increased? It doesn't work as a trait and to make it an ability would be composure which Blu will not get, move away from increased recasts as a penalty in ideas it's been done, Blu won't get it
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Saenomo View Post

~~~~

Cocoon
    Refueling
    Feather Barrier
    Diamondhide
    Amplification
    Triumphant Roar
    Regeneration
    Battery Charge

As said, there can be no negative with traits.

As a question: Who will get this trait naturally? BLU doesn't get any unique traits bar the merits, which are not really traits as such.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast