Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Click "Play On Test Server" = Crash -> Win XP Only

Much like the other post by the vista/win7 user only I'll add details to this post of mine. Playing US Version

AppName: pol.exe / AppVersion: 1.18.13.0 / ModName: ffximain.dll
    ModVersion: 3.0.0.0 / Offset: 002c1c66

Windows XP Pro SP3 Fully Updated to todays latest Microsoft updates.

Re-installs are fruitless, can't play on a test server if I can't get into the game.
    -------
    The normal version of the game works just fine though.
    (0)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!
    Plus, who are you anyway?

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Not sure if the update was at all aimed at fixing this, just letting SE know whatever the case, issue still not fixed.

Additionally here are some more details:

Still the same error upon crash

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4 GHz + 3gb ddr2 ram
    Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT 256mb ddr3 / Driver 266.58 (Not mod'd) / Direct X 9.0c

Hopefully this helps SE fix this somehow.. as they always wanna know specs on forms so there ya go.
    (0)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:
    That proves nothing! And furthermore, you'd think I could remember a thing like that!

Character
    Waterdust
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    "Gildrein
    Known Issues (Apr. 27)
    As of Apr. 27, 2012, there are no issue confirmed on the FINAL FANTASY XI Test Server."

Is that a fact? I consider my issue a part of that statistic wither anyone else agrees with me or not.

When can I expect a repair to this issue? it won't work in full screen or window mode.

Whats the point of this forum if nobody from SE listens to things like this??

You have others like me stuck at this very problem with no means around it, seriously.. wth..
    I don't consider this issue "testing the game" at all. So far I've been invited to be annoyed with a "never ending crash".

If I wanted to watch software crash, I'd try to correct issues within windows vista or millennium.
    So far this has been a grand waste of my time. I still expect a resolve to this matter. Your reputation for listening hinges on it "yet again" SE.
    (0)
    Signed,

Prof. Farnsworth:

Player
    I got it figured out you have to put the files from ffxi folder from download of last 3 files after ypou install the test server client(TSC for short) directly in the TSC folder cause that what i did and it is now working as of LATE last night. lol Only played on TS for about 30mins but gonna be working on it more tonight. So try to give that a shot maybe that will might work for you like it worked for me
    (0)