Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar71 View Post
    Yes, that was my original plan. I want easy trials. Haha, no. I want an outlet I can get to easily for a "Avarite" stone. I can farm in zones all day for geodes and what not. I have completed many trials, believe me, I don't mind the difficulty. Again, its just an outlet. I do enjoy all the counter-arguements.
    You know what, I really respect that rebuttal. Thank you for being so cool-headed.

I don't see how it's an incentive at all. It's easier to just get them the normal way.
    I see it as an incentive because it's a guranteed drop. I personally hate farming. The spamming, hoping, praying to get whatever you want is just boring to me.

I use to love doing the Avatar battles daily for 10k rewards, since it was guranteed, enjoyable and actually a bit of challenge to solo.
    (4)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    No one seems to be posting a reason why they shouldn't add it, just that they don't like the idea.
    I've put it twice already, BECAUSE THEY NOT THAT HARD TO GET.
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    I've put it twice already, BECAUSE THEY NOT THAT HARD TO GET.
    It would just make it less random. If you farmed up your Avatarites this way it would take you 15 days of fighting the same avatar each day. 2 weeks + 1 day for a single trial that most people complete in 5 minutes of shopping on the AH for a weapon designed for the common player. Yeah that's real game breaking isn't it? The fights are trivial, but not less trivial than slaughtering EP or DC mobs and unless you use the level 20 avatar fight cheat you have travel time to take into account.

This hurts nothing. It unbalances nothing. It just gives people an option for those especially pesky or expensive Avatarites by spending time instead of gil which they would be doing anyway if they decided to farm them. The difference here is you get to do them slowly but surely instead of randomly. What's wrong with that? What's wrong with options?
    (6)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    It doesn't hurt anything either.
    It also doesn't help anything, so it's pointless.

It would just make it less random.
    No, it wouldn't. Nobody is going to go do the avatar fights just because they have these. It's not going to produce a measurable number of them, therefore it will change nothing whatsoever.
    (3)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Or just be able to craft 3-5x geode into an -ite.
    I'd rather have the revers since 'ites are dreadfully common and certian geodes are 30-80k ea.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It also doesn't help anything, so it's pointless.

No, it wouldn't. Nobody is going to go do the avatar fights just because they have these. It's not going to produce a measurable number of them, therefore it will change nothing whatsoever.
    You speak as though you represent everyone. I fail to understand how your opinion brings anything to this discussion. Then again, that's all it is, an opinion. Let's make a parallelism. SE made a ton of Magian Trials, with many being situational and others so main stream, you're considered gimp if you don't have them. Anyways, many undertake trials for situational weapons. That being said, many will stay main stream and will farm up geodes and other what-nots the "normal" method. Other players will undertake outside methods of farming, like fighting avatars for their respective -ite stones. There WILL be people to do the content just as they do the other ToTM situational weapons.
    (3)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The dev team should work on other things than this - seriously, it's been over 8 months since it was confirmed that we will get access to MH storage from all cities, something that a lot of people want, and it's still not implemented. Obviously this change requires countless manhours to fix, maybe taking resources from other necessary tweaks etc the game is in need of. If they were to implement what the OP asks for, God knows how long it will take them and which new game features in the works will suffer because of it.

And yeah, being sarcastic.

And no, I see no real point in what the OP suggests.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Perhaps adding a pouch of geodes or -ites to the list of rewards you can chose from after defeating the avatar would be ok.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I fail to understand how your opinion brings anything to this discussion.
    it doesn't bring any less to the discussion than yours. You want something and have your reasons, I don't want that something and have my reasons. it's as simple as that.

I do not see any benefit to this change and wouldn't consider it to be worth any amount of dev time, because it wouldn't accomplish anything, from my perspective:

1) It won't increase the supply of these items measurably, especially the dark and light ones (whose fights aren't quite as easy, particularly carbuncle's) a couple -tites here and there from people doing the battles for other reasons would not have an impact.
    2) It's highly probable that you could just as easily obtain one from hunting normal monsters in the same time it takes for you to get an avatar quest, go to the battle location, and best the avatar- making it seem even further pointless.

I'm simply not seeing any positive from this. Bulrogg above at least takes the idea and makes it a bit more appealing. Just making a rock drop from them is pointless. Being able to choose some number of them as a reward is a much better idea.
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-29-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    Perhaps adding a pouch of geodes or -ites to the list of rewards you can chose from after defeating the avatar would be ok.
    I see you would love to see a Crash in the game market then. the most expensive geodes I've seen are Fire, not just because there is low fire weather, but because people are just to lazy to farm them during the game days. its all Supply and Demand. alot of people want to have Str weapons, but not many people want to go out of there way and farm up all the geodes they need. (low Supply, High Demand) They would rather buy them, or just sit around crying.

and this is what the thread is, instead of farming up geodes you rather sit and cry for SE to give you 100% for 3 min of effort. and your arguments that it won't break the game is not a reason for it. it the same thing as crying cause you think farming Dynamis or Alexandrite is hard. its not, just takes time

also I get the feeling some of you are only complaining about this cause SE is now getting after you for AFk'ing as Smn
    (2)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast