Thread: Sanus Ensis?

Character
    Medli
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Sanus Ensis?

I know it's been out for awhile now, and forgive me if it's been discussed already, but here goes:

Sanus Ensis

I'm seeing a few Almace BLUs wielding this for their offhand, though I've yet to be in a party/alliance with said BLUs. What I'm wondering is, is this a new superior offhand for an Almace BLU versus STR Shikargar?

Stat comparison-wise, we've got a 1 DMG difference (Shikargar being ahead), 002 delay difference (Sanus less), STR difference of 2 (Sanus ahead), and then the completely different bonuses. Shikargar offering Attack +22; Sanus offering MND+13, Cure Potency +13%, and potency of cure effect received +10%.

The cure potency effects are impressive, and of course the sword itself is very pretty to look at. But is this sword something worth going Voidwatch-loco over? I'd be interested to hear thoughts of the other BLUs here.

Forgive me for any glaring errors or mistakes I missed in my post.
    (3)
    ara ara

It has uses as a solo sword for sure. But for dmg it won't hold up against the str shikargar.
    (1)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You're completely right on every angle Madotsuki. STR Shikargar is still the best weapon for damage to off hand with an Almace.

People are just using it to show to others that they've gotten the weapon. However, it is at best a situational sword and players generally will do more harm than good to themselves by losing the Attack.
    (7)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    BLU would use it for the same reason RDM would, low man / solo fights. Cure Pot + and Cure received+ allowed you to not only heal others but yourself for a pretty substantial amount. It replaces the Galenous as a utility weapon. Decent DMG / Delay ration with both Damage and Healing stats.

For pure DD use the STR Shikagar, for dynamis and other small group things a cure sword goes a long way. Damage goes down, survivability goes up.
    (1)

Player
    You don't need a cure pot offhand in Dynamis...
    (2)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't really feel the need to expand any further than what Tashan's already said. It's useful for what he put in his post, nothing more.
    (5)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    You don't need a cure pot offhand in Dynamis...
    He didn't say it was needed, he said that's how it could (and most likely) would be used by BLUs doing low-man Dynamis.

It's about saving time and keeping a steady pace, without going in there with a full envoy.
    (1)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If you're for some reason looking at a defensive option in Dynamis, it should be an EVA Shikargar, not Sanus Ensis.
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    If you're for some reason looking at a defensive option in Dynamis, it should be an EVA Shikargar, not Sanus Ensis.
    BLU's evade about the same as PLDs. Evasion works decently on EP's but absolute crap on DC's which is what we typically farm.

Out Dyna groups tend to be BLU/DNC + THF/DNC killing DC monsters with very little competition. Having done this extensively, healing counts and counts big. Maelstrom, Whirlpool, Frostbreath / Thunderbolt, Fungar breath move are all high damage moves and will kill you if your not careful. DC monsters are not like EP's, their much stronger and hit me for 100~150 each hit.

Not like you need maximum damage 100% of the time when your primary focus is to proc then kill. The minimal damage loss from using the cure swords off hand is a small price for the enhanced survivability.
    (2)

Player
    Saying you have evasion the same as Pld shows you have no idea what you're doing or talking about.
    (5)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast