Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

[DEVXXXX]2012 Road map

I see a planed adjustment to ranged delay on the horizon, if any community rep sees this mind getting us more specific information as to what those adjustments entail?
    (0)

Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Maybe it's a cut out or reduce the amount of overhead delay after shooting? Currently it's about 2.6~2.8s for any compound ranged weapon.
    Probably making ammo delay relevant after that.

I'm excited over this change, as long as it's not a nerf.
    (2)

Player
    im excited at the prospect, however as i said before my inner cynical nature leads me to dread a half baked attempt to "fix" ranged delay and do more harm then good, its rampantly apparent this dev team wouldn't get get the hint if every server and component that makes ffxi up hit them upside the head at 30mph.

sad part is i'm probably understating, they don't play the game, they don't understand it much less even understand how we play the game yet they want to make adjustments... anyways got a bit ranty there /rant off, i'm hoping for the best... expecting the worst however.
    (0)

I just hope SE doesn't narrow their sights and only draw a bead on RNG and COR as targets for Ranged Attack Delay adjustments. I would like to see Ninja and Throwing in the mix too. Sange should be instant like Quickdraw and not force a delay of the /ja and /ra.

--keeping my hopes up.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Player
    this is a ranger forum thread take your nin throwing bs to the ninja threads and honestly give it up.

back on topic i'm hoping for a plain removal of overhead delay, i see no reason that we should have to wait before executing the next ranged attack with as long as the delay is for role playing's sake you could say the reload/arrow drawing form the quiver happens during that long ass animation, hell revise the animation to include that action (not really cool as it may be, rather yall worked on important stuff)

would love to hear from the dev's as to their plan for adjusting delay, curious if any one else had some thoughts or suggestions as to what should be done, figure if we get a good conversation going on the matter perhaps they will take our suggestions on board... or at least respond.
    (5)
    Last edited by Nala; 04-29-2012 at 06:25 PM.

My apologies, I don't always make myself aware of the forum I am taken to when clicking on a topic from the 'New Post' page.

So because I'm also interested in the Ninja side of things I cannot be interested in Ranged Attack Delay adjustments?

At any rate.... I too am hoping to see some sort of adjusting to the amount of time it takes to reload and fire. I had an idea, I don't know if it's even doable. But what if you could select, as in toggle from left to right in the menu, to auto-attack with ranged. Perhaps while engaged, you could go to the ranged attack button, and toggle on auto-attack. This would automatically fire off your /ra with minimum delay. If this was a plausible idea, should there be a limit to the number of auto-attack ranged rounds? I only ask because I'm sure someone will bring up turning this on and going afk, but I wouldn't see a difference between that and engaging a mob then going to get a glass of water.

Just an idea.

I was thinking more about the delay after a ranged attack. I hope they can change something to allow the use of a WS once the hit lands. I'm not sure if they can but it doesn't make sense that we are forced a delay when we have the TP. Perhaps I'm over thinking it, but when meleeing a mob once you land the blow to have enough TP to WS you can fire it off unlike when the hit from a /ra lands. We don't have to wait for our swings/pokes/stabs/thwacks to end to WS, can they change it so we're not waiting on the delay of putting our guns back up so we can WS?
    (2)
    Last edited by Bulrogg; 04-30-2012 at 03:49 AM.
    that's what

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You don't even need auto attack. Just have it work so that when you RAtt, if not ready, it will happen automatically when the timer is up. This is the way they implemented all attacks in FFXIV including ranged.
    (1)

I was not aware of that function in FFXIV. Perhaps they will be porting that over too similar to the new UI stuff. From what I hear that too is XIV-esk. Being unfamiliar with XIV I was wondering is there a delay between the time you get TP from a RA before you can WS? Or is weapon skilling between XI and XIV like faerie apples and saruta oranges?

But yeah, that would be a pretty nifty re-work of ranged attacks. Still though, the almost three second delay after a ranged attack could use some thought.
    (1)
    that's what

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    I was not aware of that function in FFXIV. Perhaps they will be porting that over too similar to the new UI stuff. From what I hear that too is XIV-esk. Being unfamiliar with XIV I was wondering is there a delay between the time you get TP from a RA before you can WS? Or is weapon skilling between XI and XIV like faerie apples and saruta oranges?

But yeah, that would be a pretty nifty re-work of ranged attacks. Still though, the almost three second delay after a ranged attack could use some thought.
    I don't know 3 seconds seems about fair considering you're using a bow, not just swinging a sword.
    (0)

Player
    thats 3 second static delay added onto your weapon's natural delay -snapshot effects, and it needs to go.
    (3)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast