Hi there!

My name is Timmy and I'm returning to the world of Vana'diel! Specifically on the server Odin. I haven't played the game properly since about 2006 but I've been looking at how the game has changed and it looks really interesting! I just reactivated myself and I'm in the process of downloading the stuff so naturally I'm bored.. But I do have some questions!

How is the server situation looking? I know most old MMOs seem to be plagued by dead servers that everyone leaves to join the few populated that are servers left, is this the case with FFXI? How is the server Odin doing?

How is the economy doing? I know I wasn't the richest of Tarus when I left Vana'diel, has the economy inflated to the point of no return? Is there any hope for me getting level 20-40 gear on the auction house without dropping 300k?

Also, are there any linkshells recruiting on Odin? (Assuming that Odin is still a healthy server, if it's kicking the bucket I may transfer to a more populated server)

Those are questions! Feel free to answer them. Any tips for a re-beginner would be great too!

Thanks
-Timmy

*reposted from new player forum