Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muras View Post
    Then we can have macro lines like so:

Line 1: /echo TP set
    Line 2: <body "Bale Cuirass +2"> <head "Bale Burgeonet +2"> <hands "Bale Gauntlets +2"> <legs "Calmecac Trousers">
    Line 3: <feet "Ace's Leggings"> <waist "Goading Belt"> <L.ear "Bale Earring"> <R.ear "Brutal Earring">
    Line 4: <neck "Bale Chocker"> <R.ring "Rajas Ring"> <L.ring "Tyrants Ring"> <back "Atheling Mantle">
    ^ This, SE, please - if nothing else, implement this! That would be the best solution if your unable to give us 20 line macros. When you give us all this gear that frankly if we're not swaping around every few seconds for the moment's situation we're just 'doing it wrong', and then limit us to 6 lines per button, you're asking us to press several macros to load Evasion set/TP set/ws sets for several different ws/idle set/etc, etc, this requested change would make the existing 6-line macro system far more powerful than it is now.

Oh and as for the lovely gui changes.. Sounded great until you said I couldn't utilize my 360 controller as effectively on my PC, so... I guess I hope the old school non-controller-using playerbase enjoys the updates because I have to opt out of them >.<
    (6)
    Last edited by Jile; 05-16-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Player
    to avoid botting concerns allow that type of macroing only work for gear swaping.
    (1)

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka View Post
    We have a few more things to add regarding gamepad controls for the new UI for the PC version.

The concept for this new UI is to improve mouse and keyboard controls, since currently the game is much easier to control with a gamepad.

Integral aspects of the new UI, such as multi-windows, continual macro display and drag-&-drop are all UI features that require a pointing devise such as a mouse. These features are very difficult to control using direction keys and analog sticks on gamepads. As such, using the multi-window interface with a gamepad will actually be more difficult to maneuver than the current interface, which goes against our objective of improving usability.

For the above reasons, we would suggest that gamepad users continue to use the current UI, and mouse and keyboard users use the new UI. Players will be able to freely choose whichever UI that suits them better. However, there are some other adjustments in the new UI, such as multi-logs and recast displays, which will only be available on the new UI due to the required memory size and system specs.

We understand that gamepad users would also like to utilize these new UI features, so we will do our best to make the new UI as maneuverable as possible for gamepad users.

As it is very difficult to have it both ways with this UI, the recommended operating environment for the new UI will be mouse and keyboard.

Also, the features included in the new UI require more memory than the current UI, so as stated earlier, the new UI is impossible to implement on platforms with fixed memory, such as PS2 and Xbox360.
    who says we want to drag&drop the UI features with the gamepad? I don't recall anyone saying that, I'll just use my mouse for that, I should still be able to retain most of if not all of the functionality with a gamepad on the new UI, if not that is just a cop out, I know for a fact it can be done
    (4)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Personally I'll use all three.

I just want to see a mock-up of what it'll look like.
    (1)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    who says we want to drag&drop the UI features with the gamepad? I don't recall anyone saying that, I'll just use my mouse for that, I should still be able to retain most of if not all of the functionality with a gamepad on the new UI, if not that is just a cop out, I know for a fact it can be done
    this

please answer my other question, will we have control through scripting of handling game pad inputs, because this alone will allow us to fix ourselves any issues that crop up with gamepad control, and this would at least allow a fix for issues that the dev team doesnt find important enough (for some unknown reason)
    (1)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I see no reason why a gamepad can't be used with the new UI. I do, however, understand how a gamepad wouldn't be able to use all the functionality of a new UI, but that shouldn't matter. I should be fully capable of using the new UI, having my gamepad pull up the basic menus and macro pallets like before. Obviously there would be issues with a gamepad switching between multiple chat windows or utilizing drag-and-drop features, but thats ok. I've been playing with a gamepad for 10 years now, don't make me give it up in order to use a better UI. Let me setup the UI the way I like, but continue to play the game with my gamepad.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I'm thinking there will be no meaningful answers until Vana'fest, over a month from now.

Get comfy!
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    I'm thinking there will be no meaningful answers until Vana'fest, over a month from now.
    Get comfy!
    I think we just have to hope the JP players are asking the same things we are. Then we might get some answers.
    (3)

Static icons for special abilities as well as white and black magic spells have been temporarily implemented on the test server with today's update, but are still undergoing adjustment because they are designed to be displayed in the new in-development macro palette rather than the current list interface, which does not afford the icons enough space.

The following icons have been added. (*Appearances may differ depending on system environments.)
    • White Magic
      Click image for larger version

Name:	WhiteIcon.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	2434
      Starting from the top-left:
      Line 1: Cure, Cura, Curaga, Dia, "Bar-" spells (Barblizzara, etc.), Banish, Banishga, Esuna-type spells (Paralyna, etc.)
      Line 2: Protect, Protectra, Shell, Aquaveil, Raise, Reraise, Slow
      Line 3: Haste, Paralyze, Silence, Stoneskin, Blink, Invisible, Sneak, Deodorize
      Line 4: Regen, Erase, Teleport, Repose, Holy, Recall, Auspice
      Line 5: Sacrifice, "Boost" Spells, Addle, "En-" spells (Enthunder, etc.), Phalanx, Refresh, "Gain" spells (Gain-STR, etc.), Reprisal
    • Black Magic
      Click image for larger version

Name:	BlackIcon.jpg
Views:	1745
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	2435
      Line 1: Stone, Stonega, Stoneja, Poison, Blind, Bind, Drain
      Line 2: Aspir, Fire, Firaga, Firaja, Water, Waterga, Waterja, Flood
      Line 3: Thunder, Thundaga, Thundaja, Blizzard, Blizzaga, Blizzaja, Freeze, Aero
      Line 4: Aeroga, Aeroja, Tornado, Bio, Warp, Escape, Retrace, Rasp (Frost or Drown)
      Line 5: "Spikes" spells (Shock Spikes, etc.), Sleep, Sleepga, Tractor, Dispel, Stun, Burst, Flare

Numerals such as II and III will appear in the bottom right corner of the icons, while a star in the top left corner will denote "-ga" spells and two stars will denote "-ja" spells.
    Other icons for categories such as weapon skills, summoning spells, and abilities, will be added in the future along with other aspects of the user interface.
    Blue magic, songs, and ninjutsu use generic icons as per usual.
    (21)
    Hiromichi Tanaka SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Sort of annoying that Blue Magic, songs, and ninjutsu aren't being changed... they don't really feel like they'll fit in with these cool HD icons for White and Black magic. Otherwise those are neat.
    (0)

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast