Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Character
    Darkovercast
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 95
    I just upgraded my PC and got myself a shiney new HDMI Asus screen that is 1920 x 1080 resolution, if I run it at 1920 x 1080 the chat log is so small that you can hardly read any text without being nose-to-screen. I really hope with this new GUI update they consider being able to resize the chat log seperate to other configures when it comes to resolution! Fingers are crossed!
    (2)

They already said that the new UI will support truetype fonts. I don't see a reason to add support for that if they don't intend for the font size to be scalable.

This part isn't meant to be making fun of you or anything, but if your monitor is 22 inches or more, you might have a bit poor eyesight. It's pretty unproblematic for me to read the text at 3 feet distance on my 24" at 1920x1200.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 07-11-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    They already said that the new UI will support truetype fonts. I don't see a reason to add support for that if they don't intend for the font size to be scalable.

This part isn't meant to be making fun of you or anything, but if your monitor is 22 inches or more, you might have a bit poor eyesight. It's pretty unproblematic for me to read the text at 3 feet distance on my 24" at 1920x1200.
    I had the same problem as him. Turns out I needed glasses. (probably from years of following battle chat logs :P)
    (4)

Took me a while to get adjusted after being at 1024/768 for years on my old CRT. Now I can't imagine it any other way.

The seperate overlay size was a nice tweak they added. Could make it use lower res for a while, and gradually increase a couple times as you get used to the smaller text at each stage.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Arkemn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Can we Just please get one little peaky screen shot. I am seeing something like FFXIV. I like XIV but i just want a little picture to assure that it is coming. Not like we have seen a dungeon Crawl system that is about 5 months behind schedule. Just one taste of the new stuff and we will wait patiently. We may have 10 thousand questions but at least we will be patient.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkemn View Post
    Can we Just please get one little peaky screen shot. I am seeing something like FFXIV. I like XIV but i just want a little picture to assure that it is coming. Not like we have seen a dungeon Crawl system that is about 5 months behind schedule. Just one taste of the new stuff and we will wait patiently. We may have 10 thousand questions but at least we will be patient.
    Two pictures here: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31...ecap-the-facts
    (0)

Character
    Jamesruglia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Um... Is there a way to just leave it the way it's always been? The new icons alone are really distracting-thye're not plain and elegant anymore, they're all covered in things. The UI is one of the reasons I like FF11 so much, I'd hate to see it wind up like FF14 or The Old Republic. Or even... *shudder* World of Warcraft.

I mean, the ability to change it is fine and all, but I'm not going to log in one day after an update and find the window sizes and shapes all changed and sitting in different spots, am I? In other words, is this something that will immediately, unavoidably, and forever change(in some large or small part) the way the game looks or responds(besides the icons thus far)?
    (1)
    Last edited by Jamesruglia; 07-26-2012 at 11:11 PM.
    Sylph/Melmond

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesruglia View Post
    Um... Is there a way to just leave it the way it's always been?
    They said the update will be optional. I don't think this extends to these new icons though.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Jamesruglia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    They did? I must've missed it >< Sorry. Thank you very much.
    (0)
    Sylph/Melmond

Player
    any news about new UI ?
    (2)
    SMN90 BLM90 WHM90 RDM85 ~ MNK75 PLD75
    Forum Storm FFXI : http://www.storm-linkshell.com/ffxi/index.php5
    Forum Storm FFXIV : http://stormffxiv.monalliance.net/

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast