Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    I don't see how it wouldn't work with the new system if they wanted it to, if I press my left trigger it brings up 1 palette and I select what I want from it with the arrows,same with the right trigger, I really don't see why they can't make the new system work similar
    What would they use to activate it, as far as I'm aware all controller buttons are taken on the PS2 and XBOX 360.

The three tier system requires the use of the 1-0 keys and the mouse to select different panels to activate the 1-0 keys on, this is on top of the current Macro system.
    (0)

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    I'm intrigued, does producer Tanaka still use DOS? Copy/Paste is one of the staple PC functions since 1995 (that's almost 20 years ago...), if not earlier. And since we're discussing Windows GUI, this should be here long time ago. Oh, and please don't forget IME for non-JP people!
    Also, I recall seeing some funny word-art from /shouts in the past with an obviously copy/pasted text, so it must be possible somehow.
    Is it really very difficult to implement copy/paste? Sorry for asking this again, but I'm baffled...
    This is more to do with the fact that FFXI is at its core a PS2 game sloppily ported to PC and XBox 360. Consoleitis strikes again!
    (3)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    SE can't do this unless they pay MS for licensing fees for the NA and EU versions. The chances of that happening are slim to none given very few people with the NA version would use it.
    Well, we might count ourselves damn lucky we don't play this game in black and white then. I'm sure technicolor been patented/licenced/trademarked somewhere in the past in the world.
    Such excuses would be acceptable if we were to discuss colours of Mercedes cars only.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    I don't see how it wouldn't work with the new system if they wanted it to, if I press my left trigger it brings up 1 palette and I select what I want from it with the arrows,same with the right trigger, I really don't see why they can't make the new system work similar
    All it would take is a new key bind to open the new palette...provided the new pallete is designed so it can be navigated by with a cursor. Sounds like it is only going to be on-click or key-press access. There is also the issue of button assignment I guess....granted there are some buttons assigned to my 16 button config I never use like for first/third person zoom, hide/show GUI....I could find a button to bind a third pallete too...provided they design one so we could navigate it by cursor.

But....looks like that third pallete is only for KB/Mouse users. Oh well.

How about adding a third macro pallete for the gamepad users too, to keep it more balanced in features between the two modes? It can be basically a copy/paste version of the existing pallete design that we bind to a new button/key press in FFXI Config. Naturally, don't expect it to come with the next UI change, but would be nice if they would consider adding it later.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka
    I wish it would become possible to copy and paste!!!!!
    This would be very difficult to implement, so we would like to prioritize implementing the UI first. Based on our workload after that, we may look into this.
    But uh... it's already possible through other methods, and not that difficult to do. I don't get why it would be "very difficult."
    Paste should absolutely be possible, and trivial to implement. I can see where the copy part would be problematic, though. So Camate, please pass on a request to at least add the "paste" part of "Copy & Paste"; the "copy" part can be put off til later.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka View Post
    We have received this request many times before, but there are many issues with this, so we cannot look into this at this time. Similarly, we have no plans to transmit additional data besides what is currently being transmitted between the server and client. Our goal is to improve the operability of what is currently displayed in the current UI. We appreciate your understanding.
    (8)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It seems like the old L2 and R2 macros will still be available in the new UI along with the 3 row mouse only pallet. Could we get some confirmation on this?

If that's the case I will just load my 3 row pallet up with stuff I don't use every 3-5 seconds like temp items and two hours and bar spells. If it's not the case someone needs to be karate chopped.
    (1)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

I'm wondering how the new macro pallet UI will work with a Nostromo Speed Pad.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    What would they use to activate it, as far as I'm aware all controller buttons are taken on the PS2 and XBOX 360.

The three tier system requires the use of the 1-0 keys and the mouse to select different panels to activate the 1-0 keys on, this is on top of the current Macro system.
    What? R1 is just a screenshot button; I've never ever used it, and the screenshot could be easily put on the keyboard.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    Well, we might count ourselves damn lucky we don't play this game in black and white then. I'm sure technicolor been patented/licenced/trademarked somewhere in the past in the world.
    Such excuses would be acceptable if we were to discuss colours of Mercedes cars only.
    IME is a MS program SE can't use it in their games for free if they did MS would sue them. Being a Software dev them selves no way SE would put it in without going through the proper channels.

So they only paid to license the JP version to save themselves money. Nothing is going to change that.
    (1)

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast