Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cornet
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    This sounds awesome, but uh... I play with my PS2 controller hooked up to my computer with a USB converter, and I love it. I really suck at using the keyboard to play and I don't touch the mouse. SO uh, I really hope that functionality won't be lost... ^.^;
    (1)

Character
    Chrysi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

/joy

I am so happy.. I love the idea of designing interface features.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornet View Post
    This sounds awesome, but uh... I play with my PS2 controller hooked up to my computer with a USB converter, and I love it. I really suck at using the keyboard to play and I don't touch the mouse. SO uh, I really hope that functionality won't be lost... ^.^;
    Where does it say "PC users will no longer be allowed to use controllers?"

Besides, releasing the script means that whatever they don't do, players will likely be able to do legitimately without hacks/hooks. So those who know how to do this sort of thing will be able to be modify the UI to be more friendly to everyone's input device of choice.

However, if these changes make the mouse actually useable (right now it's so useless it's not even funny) I'd use it in a heartbeat.
    (3)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So, we'll have the option to turn FFXI into a hotkey MMO? Neat!
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Ashemi
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 91
    Time u are at it can u make the FPS rate be more than 30 for windows and/or add a Vsync option in configuration.
    Like that ppl will not have to rely on 3rd party tool like ATI tray tool or D3Doverdrive to enable vsync as when u use Nvidia or ATI control software that doesn't work
    (3)

Character
    Lastknight
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka View Post

Other, more technical modifications are also under development that will eventually culminate in an overhaul of the entire user interface.

As previously announced, we are planning to make it possible for area maps to be brought up at all times, which would be implemented in advance of the more comprehensive UI overhaul described above. More information on this will be forthcoming, so please check the forums periodically.
    Does this mean we will soon be moving towards Direct X 11 in order to meet modern pc demands and get a graphic Characther/lanscape update later ?

I was postivly surprised by roadmap today ^^

Just like to say that despite our bickering over our favorit job/event/storline we do apricate the hard work the dev team is doing as we have been told they do so with less resources then before, our biggest gripe these days is probably more with Ffxi having less resources thus leading to no new expansion ( as in new area's that are not made from old content map's ), though i guess we all are hoping u might be working on something like this in secret.
    i still remember Toau coming out and how exciting it was as well as the first times i gained access to Cop related area's through Cop mission for the first time.

Keep up the good work, and check out the many sugestions made on Job secions ^^

Btw Congratulations on 10 years of ffxi in advance,
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    What they mean is "We're re-creating XIV's Action Bar within XI." It's the macro buttons themselves organized in three rows, not that the macros have three lines of commands each.
    Yeah, I'm a bit curious over the implementation of this because of how it's laid out in the post:
    •Continual Display of Macro Palette
    In addition to the existing Crtl/Alt macro palette, there will be an option to use a three-rowed palette that is constantly displayed and utilizes the 1 – 0 keys as well as mouse clicks to activate macros.
    •Macro Recast Time Display
    The macro palette will display the time remaining until each macro may be used again.
    Got the impression the new pallette macros will be the ones showing the cool down timers. With SE's way of programming, these may wind up being single line only so they can track the timers. Otherwise, there would be some mish-mash in the logic for tracking the timer to display if you call multiple abilites in succession and they have different cool-down timers.

Maybe I'm overthinking it...but I'm thinking it would be more for simple, repetitive actions. Will be a nice addition even if they are limited to just one line though. Would give us a place to stick the simple macros instead of taking a button in the longer macros pallete array and give us more flexibility. Simple things like attack/retreat/release macros for pet jobs, item use macros, etc.
    (3)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastranger View Post
    Does this mean we will soon be moving towards Direct X 11 in order to meet modern pc demands and get a graphic Characther/lanscape update later ?

Hopefully not DX11, but more DX compliant should be the goal. That has always been the problem with FFXI--it is a half-baked DX implementation in the first place.

Sending it to DX11 level would mean upgrading to a new OS for a lot of users--many may not be inclined to plunk down the $$ to upgrade to newer Windows if XP is still working for them. Even FFXIV is DX9c compliant, and still runs on XP.
    (3)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastranger View Post
    UI overhaul =/= engine overhaul. They may take this in a direction of allowing legitimate third-party add-ons (and/or making them redundant), but nothing so far suggests "shiny new renderings."
    (2)

Character
    Lastknight
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    UI overhaul =/= engine overhaul. They may take this in a direction of allowing legitimate third-party add-ons (and/or making them redundant), but nothing so far suggests "shiny new renderings."
    Yeah , but i think the game indeed deserves a overhaul in code, isnt the graphics still on dx8 wrapped over to 9 making it a bit of monkey coding.

As for full graphics revamp, i dont expect that but some new shades and effects if updated over time as long as it is posible within windows client code.

The game has held up good for 10 years but it's starting to show some age and definetivly deserves the coming ui updates, and i definetivly like that they no longer hold back windows side on client because of Ps2/3 & xbox360.
    (1)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast