Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RushLynx View Post
    Shhh... don't use that kind of language... instead, just refer to it as "PS2 limitations..." <.<
    AHhh, now it all makes sense. PS2 is actually just code for $. I'm gonna start using that in RL.

"Sorry honey. I know you said that you wanted diamonds, but PS2 limitations..."
    (7)

Player
    Wow just came back to the game a month ago and just now found out about this, had no idea it was planned, it sounds amazing, I've been wanting my macros to show up constantly and 1-0 set as well since the beginning of this game.

I can't believe it is not out yet.... considering it was planned 2012 and its now halfway through 2013! Lets go SE! This is a major determining factor in if I keep my FFXI subscription when FFXIV rereleases.
    (3)
    Last edited by Technyze; 06-01-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Can someone please translate this post? Better yet, can these posts be posted in each language when they are created?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30793
    (1)
    Elaric
    Carbuncle
    ~Love for the Melee WHM~

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Elaric View Post
    Can someone please translate this post? Better yet, can these posts be posted in each language when they are created?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30793
    Sure thing!

~shuffle shuffle shuffle~

Ah, here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!

Apologies for the delay on a status update regarding the UI revamps that were mentioned some time ago. Last night Producer Akihiko Matsui commented on the current status, so I would like to share that message with you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Hello,

I would like to inform you of the progress on the new UI for the Windows version. As we briefly touched upon in the past, implementation of the new UI is running behind schedule. The UI work is being dealt with separately from the creation of Seekers of Adoulin, so it’s not the case that the development team is getting caught up with working on the expansion. The reasons for the delay are mainly that in addition to the structural organization and features we had first thought of, there have been a lot of internal requests as well as request from players for new features to be added to make the UI even more user friendly.

In regards to the structural organization, the system was originally designed for a console such as the PS2, so we’ve been optimizing it so that each of the menu programs do not overuse memory. Due to this, we have been going deep into all of the menu features and performing adjustments so that the new UI will work. Currently, we have completed a good amount of the portions that can be realized with the current client, but there is still work left to be done on new menus for Seekers of Adoulin and "Play as a Monster".

In regards to the new features, this is not just about adding new menus with the new UI; this is also related to the fact that we are making feature improvements such as making mouse operation much smoother. The current UI has been optimized for using a controller, so you can think of it as we are spending time to revamp how it looks and the way it operates.

I’m am sure that there are some of you who watched the explanation of the UI structure, but using a portion of the UI (log window, menus, etc.) like an add-on will not work properly, so it’s actually quite difficult to release only the portions that were showed off at VanaFest. (It’s also very possible that the work difficulty would increase to make this happen.)

Unfortunately we will need a bit more time before we can organize all the features, finish all the fundamental feature improvement checks, and show it off on the Test Server. Realistically we are looking at summer at the earliest or fall if we include support in all languages.

With that said, I apologize for making you all wait longer, but we appreciate your understanding as we do our best to create a better and more user-friendly UI.
    (2)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    lol... I like how even though they discontinued PS2 support for NA and EU, the fact that they didn't in JP continues to stall update progress and ultimately restrict the functionality of the game...

Oh, and also... I'm really hoping the "if we include support in all languages" thing is some sort of mistranslation... otherwise... you're joking right?
    (0)
    Last edited by RushLynx; 06-07-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    lol... I like how even though they discontinued PS2 support for NA and EU, the fact that they didn't in JP continues to stall update progress and ultimately restrict the functionality of the game...

Oh, and also... I'm really hoping the "if we include support in all languages" thing is some sort of mistranslation... otherwise... you're joking right?
    It's more of how the game was originally coded back in 2002 that holds them back. It was originally made for the PS2, then ported to PC..so a lot of the structure is based on PS2 (such as the UI currently optimized for controller).

They really really really really need to do an overhaul of this game, not just stick fixes over fixes >< Though realistically that may not be possible I guess since they'd have to spend the next 2-3 years overhauling everything. Ah well.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    It's more of how the game was originally coded back in 2002 that holds them back. It was originally made for the PS2, then ported to PC..so a lot of the structure is based on PS2 (such as the UI currently optimized for controller).

They really really really really need to do an overhaul of this game, not just stick fixes over fixes >< Though realistically that may not be possible I guess since they'd have to spend the next 2-3 years overhauling everything. Ah well.
    So very true!
    (0)
    Last edited by Technyze; 06-07-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

The wording does indeed make it a bit vague on what it really means. It can easily be read as 'PS2-limitations' holding things back, but I hope it means more like “in the past, we had to work within the limitations of a PS2, and because of this, we have had to delve deep into the menace inspection to get the new UI work beyond these limitations”.

As for the language support, again a bit vague, but I would probably assume it to mean that it (obviously) takes a bit longer to have the language support done completely, and thus, it would take a bit longer to be ready for the test-server.
    In other words, they could implement it for testing earlier if they implemented the full language support later on.

I could, of course, be wrong.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19