Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JiltedValkyrie View Post
    No controller support in the new uI... what the heck? Who the hell plays with a mouse? I play on my bed with a keyboard and 360 controller.
    You don't have to play with a mouse. The controller will still do the same stuff, you just wont be able to use it to drag the UI, add to the UI, use the new UI macro bars etc...
    (0)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I played with a mouse since na release looks like I am one of the few loving this update....
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by HimuraKenshyn View Post
    I played with a mouse since na release looks like I am one of the few loving this update....
    That is because you are a crazy man.

I don't think I've ever encountered someone who tried to use the mouse for more than five minutes before now.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    What exactly is so fail about that?
    This part: "※This is an either-or selection, so it would not be possible to use parts of the new UI." That's not very customizable. I guess, as always, the mod community will find a way to bring us all the best of both worlds. It's just a shame the paid "professionals" can't cut it as well as the volunteer hobbyists.

I may just as well ask who could possibly play this with a controller. I used to do it, but as soon as I realized how incredibly gimp it is compared to simplest keyboard controls, I never bothered with it again.
    I see no failing so far. If it's even half as good as the OP made it sound I'll be amazed. And currently there's nothing to indicate otherwise (well, apart from SE's track record with these things).
    I play with a controller plus keyboard because it's not painful for me, whereas playing with the keyboard beyond typing is. Maybe I'm the only one who plays the way I do for that reason. I don't see myself as being "gimp" due to using a controller. Sorry for not fitting in your or SE's neat little box.
    (2)

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by HimuraKenshyn View Post
    Ditto
    2 of us now
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    I play with a controller plus keyboard because it's not painful for me, whereas playing with the keyboard beyond typing is. Maybe I'm the only one who plays the way I do for that reason. I don't see myself as being "gimp" due to using a controller. Sorry for not fitting in your or SE's neat little box.
    *high-fives*

I spent about a year RDMing it up on the keyboard before I gave myself some kind of repetitive stress injury and ended up switching to controller with a keyboard for typing text in. You're not alone in using a controller for health reasons.
    (3)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I play with a controller/keyboard and mainly use the keyboard to chat... and press F8. Would love to be able to assign that key to a button <(^.^)>
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    SE can't do this unless they pay MS for licensing fees for the NA and EU versions. The chances of that happening are slim to none given very few people with the NA version would use it.
    No, the IME is already built-into Windows for any program to use. The issue isn't that they have to pay MS, it's that on the PS2, the IME is different and does require a license, to a company called ATOK. It's about $60 a user. There's also the additional cost of tech support if someone accidentally hits the key combination to toggle the IME and has no idea how to use it, and is stuck in Japanese text input mode. They figure if you know enough Japanese to type it, you'll install the Japanese client and just read all the Japanese text there.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivivivi View Post
    I play with a controller/keyboard and mainly use the keyboard to chat... and press F8. Would love to be able to assign that key to a button <(^.^)>
    A program called JoyToKey can do that. Lets you map any mouse or keyboard input to game controller buttons and axes.
    (1)

Player
    i believe you mean axis?
    (0)

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast