Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 188
  1. #1
    Dev Team Hiromichi_Tanaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    New Windows Version User Interface

    Greetings, adventurers.

    As announced in the FFXI 2012 Roadmap, an extensive user interface overhaul is currently in development for the Windows version of FINAL FANTASY XI. Today, I would like to take this time to outline some of changes we have in the works for the UI of the Windows version of FFXI.
    • Multi-window Mode
      Users will be able to open and manipulate multiple windows.
    • Layout Customization
      Users will be able to drag UI elements with the mouse to new locations, which will be saved for future gaming sessions.
    • Multiple Log Windows
      Users will be able to open multiple log windows and apply different filters for each one.
    • Font Vectorization
      TrueType fonts will replace the current bitmap fonts.
    • Continual Display of Macro Palette
      In addition to the existing Crtl/Alt macro palette, there will be an option to use a three-rowed palette that is constantly displayed and utilizes the 1 – 0 keys as well as mouse clicks to activate macros.
    • Macro Recast Time Display
      The macro palette will display the time remaining until each macro may be used again.
    • Individual Magic/Ability Icons and High-Resolution Status Effect Icons
      A new set of detailed high-resolution icons will be introduced, with new icons added for specific magic, abilities, and status effects.
    • Macro Palette Icon Display
      Users will have the option to display icons for magic and abilities contained in macros.
    • User Customization Features
      The window scheme and GUI scripts for FFXI will be released so users can design their own interface features.
    • Drag-and-drop Equipment Interface

    Other, more technical modifications are also under development that will eventually culminate in an overhaul of the entire user interface.

    As previously announced, we are planning to make it possible for area maps to be brought up at all times, which would be implemented in advance of the more comprehensive UI overhaul described above. More information on this will be forthcoming, so please check the forums periodically.
    (82)
    Hiromichi Tanaka SQUARE ENIX Co., Ltd.

  2. #2
    Player Dragoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    1,318
    Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66

    ><)))°€

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka View Post
    Greetings, adventurers.
    よろしくー
    Hail, and well met!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka View Post
    As announced in the FFXI 2012 Roadmap, an extensive user interface overhaul is currently in development for the Windows version of FINAL FANTASY XI. Today, I would like to take this time to outline some of changes we have in the works for the UI of the Windows version of FFXI.
    • Multi-window Mode
      Users will be able to open and manipulate multiple windows.
    • Layout Customization
      Users will be able to drag UI elements with the mouse to new locations, which will be saved for future gaming sessions.
    • Multiple Log Windows
      Users will be able to open multiple log windows and apply different filters for each one.
    • Font Vectorization
      TrueType fonts will replace the current bitmap fonts.
    Very nice adjustments indeed! Not sure if anything more can be really said about those.
    They simply seem great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka View Post
    • Continual Display of Macro Palette
      In addition to the existing Crtl/Alt macro palette, there will be an option to use a three-rowed palette that is constantly displayed and utilizes the 1 – 0 keys as well as mouse clicks to activate macros.
    I am certain that I am not the only one thinking that, is it simply not possible to have more lines for a single macro?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka View Post
    • Macro Recast Time Display
      The macro palette will display the time remaining until each macro may be used again.
    • Individual Magic/Ability Icons and High-Resolution Status Effect Icons
      A new set of detailed high-resolution icons will be introduced, with new icons added for specific magic, abilities, and status effects.
    • Macro Palette Icon Display
      Users will have the option to display icons for magic and abilities contained in macros.
    Again, don't think I have anything specific to say about these.
    Simply awesome, one might say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka View Post
    • User Customization Features
      The window scheme and GUI scripts for FFXI will be released so users can design their own interface features.
    This is most definitely something no one expected to happen, and will be one of the things mostly anticipated from now on!

    Very interesting indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka View Post
    • Drag-and-drop Equipment Interface
    I'm quite OK with the current equipment interface but this does not seem like a bad idea either.
    Now if there only were more space for all that equipment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromichi_Tanaka View Post
    Other, more technical modifications are also under development that will eventually culminate in an overhaul of the entire user interface.

    As previously announced, we are planning to make it possible for area maps to be brought up at all times, which would be implemented in advance of the more comprehensive UI overhaul described above. More information on this will be forthcoming, so please check the forums periodically.
    While many users will be disgruntled for no “major” content releases (and which many were not even expecting any longer), I personally am very interested to see through these changes alone, not to mention the other announced adjustments.

    Keep up the good work!

    さらばだ!
    (2)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~



    Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

  3. #3
    Player Ziyyigo-Tipyigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    1,285
    Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    I am certain that I am not the only one thinking that, is it simply not possible to have more lines for a single macro?
    What they mean is "We're re-creating XIV's Action Bar within XI." It's the macro buttons themselves organized in three rows, not that the macros have three lines of commands each.

    In fact, in general, most of what was listed can be summed as "Aspects of the XIV interface are being implemented in XI."
    (7)

  4. #4
    Player Arcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,750
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    In fact, in general, most of what was listed can be summed as "Aspects of the XIV interface are being implemented in XI."
    Which is an incredibly good thing. Just yesterday I would have bet good money that SE would never, not in a million years, do anything remotely like this. I am very glad that I was so very wrong. This is possibly the greatest update I've heard of since I started playing. The UI has always been my worst enemy in FFXI.
    (12)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

  5. #5
    Player JiltedValkyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    148
    Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I am stunned and excited!
    (6)

  6. #6
    Player Godofgods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    684
    Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This is awesome. For quite a while iv had to listen to ppl complaining that Dev workers weren't actually doing anything. This should help shut them up.

    I'm definitely interested to see how this is going to work out.

    (now if only they'd give the taru npcs some stools to stand on...)
    (0)

  7. #7
    Player Kaisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    597
    Character
    Kaisha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    So how much longer before you allow multiple instances of XI open natively, and the XI client itself not hogging the keyboard regardless of its window state?
    (2)

  8. #8
    Player CrystalWeapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sandy Oreo
    Posts
    228
    Character
    Crystalweapon
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 96
    Just wanted to log on to say thank you for this. This will be a very very very welcome update.
    (1)

  9. #9
    Player Alhanelem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    5,224
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    XI players all over the world just crapped their pants.
    (4)

    Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

  10. #10
    Player Daniel_Hatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,495
    Character
    Tiril
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'll be honest, you've surprised me.
    (1)

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread