Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Greetings,

At the Niconico Live FFXI Lounge event hosted on 11/27, Producer Matsui announced the following information regarding the status of Cait Sith and Atomos:

Sorry for making you all wait on this. We definitely want to implement Cait Sith and Atomos soon but it's not just the magic and abilities that we need to finalize, we also need time to develop the quest, storyline, and cutscenes associated with obtaining these avatars. As much as we want to have this completed and implemented, we haven't been able to allocate our resources to this which is causing a delay. Please hang in there for just a bit longer.
    *Please find the corrected information here.
    (5)
    Last edited by Camate; 12-05-2013 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Incorrect information

Okipuit - Community Team

Character
    Mokeil
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Wow. Just.... wow. I mean, really? I just don't have the words to express the pure bafflement this latest excuse has filled me with.

Given the scale of time we're talking about - since Cait Sith was first announced to today - pretty much all of those little details should really have been talked to death already. Literally years ago. The only thing that should need to be done at this point is just the programming. And there's no good excuse for that to not be done by now either.

This is just insulting.
    (6)

Is there not much funds budgeted for FFXI now?
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Is there not much funds budgeted for FFXI now?
    There hasn't been since XIV bombed.
    (4)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Wings of the Goddess is still a new expansion, guys. Be patient.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    There hasn't been since XIV bombed.
    Rob Peter to pay Paul, then change Paul into Peter and watch both of them fail.
    (5)

Character
    Masamune
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I think we need to all stop the complaining. We are likely to hurt the feelings of the cube family of four that make up the entire Final Fantasy XI development team.
    (3)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Some very substantial new content has been developed since Cait Sith and Atomos were announced (Adoulin's areas, missions, quests, lore, characters, monsters, skirmishes, delves, items, music, and more; Monstrosity; two entirely new jobs), so the team has been very busy. It would be really nice to see this promised content delivered. Personally, I've lost some of my interest after all these years because I don't think they will have been worth the wait. Also, playing as Cerberus, a summon from FFVIII, in Monstrosity has helped my wounds heal.
    (2)

Character
    Tohihroyu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

(20)

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 8

I understand you, Please understand us too ?

I am not someone that logs onto the forums and comments on every single topic. I do however read these forums all the time and I have been looking forward for years now on some sort of resolution with Cait sith and Atomos. Because I rarely comment on things but once in a pink mage moon I want to give some of my input.

(Don't need every forum troll alive to explain how we got this, got that, had this adjusted, had this added, and are capable of this, and capable of that, I know all that has happened don't require your pointless explanations of the job and its history.)

First: THANK YOU!! for everything you have worked on and made come true in vanadiel and all realms of Final fantasy from the time that hironobu sakaguchi was involved with everything final fantasy until even now, I have truly enjoyed playing these games and I love the World's that are final fantasy. Arigato /bow.

Second: I have played 14 and don't care for it much summoner in that game is horrid if I have to cast ruin 1 more friggen time id likely sooner cast /shutdown. 14 is beautiful and even more boring than before the fixes. You got the AH right good job.
    If we have lost all dev staff to 14 im sry to say im canceling my 3 month self renewing sub with 14 it just hasn't lived up to my hopes again.

Third: AH hasn't had a new Summoner scroll in how many years? Maybe some new spirits once you finally have time and resources to give summoner pets again?
    If it has taken 2+ years to get these avatars out to us Can I just ask right now in advance along with some new spirits and the final implementation of cait sith and atomos, while that team is putting some efforts towards this game and its can we also get phoenix ? and maybe a few other future avatars figured out and created with back storys yada already in place so that such extended wait times are avoided.

Fourth: I realize this game is older and has its limitations but we are still paying full price for something that no longer has dev team resources ? Maybe we cant ever really expect it to last forever but we sure as hell can have fun hoping for it too. I have never had a problem with buying any expansions released and im sure most would agree we would pay full new game price for something that gives us the things we want. you want money ? we want avatars make some mini expansions and charge us for it. If the question is will we pay ? yes we will. will everyone cry about it ? yes they will lol. but if it gains us resources just be honest with us about it and I think you can limit the cry cry at least a little bit.

Remember all the voices on the forums are FAR!!!! from all the people that are actually playing and care about this game. Talk to you again on another pink mage moon.
    (13)
    Fantasy: imagination, especially when extravagant and unrestrained.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast