Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Back for the free trial event.

Hey all, returning SMN decided to see how the games doing. I wanted to get started in some of the adoulin stuff, problem I'm having is I don't know where to start..

Could anyone please tell me the gear progression I should be aiming for and how I would go about getting it?

Currently in EMP+2/relic stuff with chatoyant staff.

Thanks.
    (0)

Character
    Thundarian
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Farm up 9000 sparks through the new RoE thing to get the iilvl 115 pet ammo item. This will give your pets a nice boost.

If possible, find a group to do some yorica weald skirmish to pick up some of the hagondes pieces. Notable are boots which are base +25 avatar MAB and can be augmented with another 25 pet mab or pet macc if you get lucky with stones. An uffrat +1 wouldn't be a bad choice if you need a perpetuation staff upgrade, but you probably need a group of people to help you do that (do the old skirmish to get an uffrat, then +1 it with a random drop from yorica weald skirmish)

If you have a lot of money / depending on your server, pick up a balsam staff (astral watcher is HQ version) which is a +120 pet mab staff.

Those are the only things that come to mind, but if you can do those 3, you should be pretty well setup. There is a new staff from RoE which you could substitute the balsam staff with if you are tight on gil, and will still give you a pretty good bang. That would just require more spark farming.
    (1)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Haha yeah I'm pretty tight on Gil, I spent it all before I quit, not that I had enough before anyway, balsam staff is 4 mil lol. So yeah, guess I'll look into skirmish cause I've no idea what that is and could prob use the upgrade. And I guess I'll start doing some RoE for the other stuff.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 12-12-2013 at 07:48 PM.

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If you want to save your gil, there's the new 117 staff for another 7k sparks. (they're really easy to get, so it's no biggie)
    It's arguably just as good as Balsam. (Astralwatcher can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned.... What's that Atinian +1? Massive more Mdmg AND fast cast?? Oh boy! what does Balsam+1 get!? 1MAB.... -_-#)
    Rumor has it that the 117s latents are active when TP is less than 100%.... so as a smn you're pretty good with 0% TP.... especially for a macro piece! XD

And the 109 head and feet pieces are a MUST. (I think that with Balasm/spark-117 staff the feet might be better than Hagondes, even with a Hagondes with 50MAB... cause I believe +5% and 120MAB beat out 175MAB, though that's just a gut feeling from seeing the +40% dmg beat out the 120MAB.)

Some people argue for the RF body... or even Hagondes body with -perp aug...
    But you just lose too much from that -10 skill that I don't think it's worth it. (and -4 perp for the RF1 body...)
    (cause 500 skill = capped BPs)
    But as it stands, what to wear is RF1 horn, AF3+2 doublet, AF2+2 bracers, Ngen Seraweels for pants, and RF1 pigaches.
    AF3+2 pants aren't the equal anymore of Ngen.... due to the massive superiority that the RF1 horn and pigaches give you.... the "more blood boon proc" from using them isn't gonna happen much anymore.
    BUT if you don't have Ngen, then the +6 skill and +10 blood boon are still good enough. (even without the set proc, the extra blood boon is still good for conserving MP)
    And if your skill can take the hit of -6 from losing the Af3+2 pants... you can try the RF1 pants. They aren't that great... BUT it'll make your shattersoul hit harder lol

Oh! and unlock Myrkyr asap! soooooo much MP!

And try to get the new 99 cape, it's better than Astute (8 skill and 100MP) and even increases elemental siphon's MP return.
    (2)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sounds good, 109 feet shouldn't be too hard I already have +1, though I doubt I'll make 35k sparks to finish em before end of the free trial, maybe if my friends make it back before it's over we can get em from the battlefields. Horn might take longer, don't have +1 of it. Ngen seraweels I'll probably go for last seeing as legion will be easier with all the ilvl gear, though again doubt I'll be getting that far in the free trial. Never even started emp weapon for SMN, had other weapons that took priority, but again with all the ilvl gear it should be faster. As for 99 cape I've not heard of it? Where do I get that?
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Ive made 35k sparks in 3 days and im not even that active. Also atm hagondes boots mixed with eminent pole from records of eminance is borked. Drastically lowers your mab or some such instead of expected awesome damage. try staff with/without the boots to see. Hopefully will get fixed.
    (0)