Character
    Froggis
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Barrage

Has a maximum value of 8 hits at 99.

The +1 barrage pieces now no longer function as they did originally...

AKA, you don't get more than 8 shots.

Has this been discussed already and I'm missing the thread? And if it has been addressed... will SE be fixing this so that more than 8 shots can actually happen?

In hundreds of barrages, I think it would at least proc more than 8 shots once (using +1 AF hands, not ASA legs). And yes, have tried with gloves on while activating as well as firing.

Edit: supposedly it's not broken, I just really have bad luck despite capped racc.
    (0)
    Last edited by Froggis; 05-02-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The problem with barrage is that it is subject to the RAcc cap and, therefore, the more hits fired, the less statistically significant those hits are. The way to fix this would be to fix Sharpshot. Right now, Sharpshot adds an indeterminate amount of RAcc, which could be irrelevant if you are at or close to the RAcc cap already. SE needs to change Sharpshot so that it is 100% during the time it is active.
    (0)

Character
    Froggis
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Oh I like that idea. If racc is capped, so 95%, the % chance of hitting 9 hits would be 63% (.95^9). I'm just baffled that I end up in the 37% seemingly every barrage (most of the barrages are 8 hits that I get). Unlucky is unlucky I guess.
    (0)

Player
    Eight hits has been known as the cap for a weaponskill or one melee round for a very long time. So, it's very possible that eight hits was also set as the cap for one ranged "round" a very long time ago before it was possible to even approach eight hits much less exceed eight hits.

On the bright side, most of the +1 shot items other then Hunter's Bracers +1 are made in the place of something else or downright bad, making this a very minor issue in terms of performance.
    (1)

Wow the 8 shots thing is a little depressing. It would be really nice if they just rolled all the hits into 1 to fix the racc issue and then multiplied the TP by [gear and] the number of shots it's tallying.
    (2)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.