Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Brent
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Back in the good ole days

I'm kinda curious how other players would feel about SE creating a "retro server". Take us back to WotG, before all of the mini-sodes and Abbysea. Level cap back to 75. When it took skill and patience to achieve your goals. Just let me know what you think.
    (2)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I dunno. Someone that's stuck at level 91 WHM in this current day and age probably wouldn't cut it in:

THE OLD DAYS WHERE WE HAD TO WALK UPHILL BOTH WAYS IN DOUBLE FIRE WEATHER TO CAMP AN' WE WERE HAPPY TO GET 2K/HOUR.

Land.

.02's.
    (16)

Player
    (23)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Are we talk before SE added dezoning to mobs cause if so i'll see you there as a 75 BST >.0
    (1)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Please return to the days where 6 people were absolutely required for a PT.
    Please return to the days where a BRD or RDM was needed for any chance at decent XP
    Please return to the days where said BRD or RDM was flagged as "JP ONLY"
    Please return to the days where after hiking up to golems in Sky, the tank/rdm/healer said "lol gtg" and left.
    Please return to the days where your skillchain partner was so gimped, it took 3 fights for him to get to 100% TP...and then he missed the opening WS
    Please return to the days where, even when people had 60 levels to learn their job, they still didn't have proper equipment,food, or weapon skilled up..
    Please return to the days where so many people were camped at a location, the party had to disband after 3 fights.
    (19)

Have to assume the OP is a troll because he said it took Skill and Patience to play FFXI.
    (11)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The old days are gone, the old days are DEAD, stop living in the past and embrace the future. The funny thing is... for all of those people who are stuck in the past, the old ways are still here, use your brain please. You want 6 man party? Go level synch, now you have TONS of options where to camp, and GOV + double exp give you most bang for your bucks, not to mention COMPLETELY DEAD old camp ground where you no longer have to compete for mob. Now your problem is finding 5 other people that want to do what exactly that, let's face it, the old days are dead.
    (6)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Before WotG? Too modern.

Make a server pre-ToAU and you have yourself a deal.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    Before WotG? Too modern.

Make a server pre-ToAU and you have yourself a deal.
    You are way too kind sir, make it so that it is on 2004 Original FFXI + Rise of the Zilart - this way they really get a good dose of nostalgia and have to climb all the way to sky if they ever want to do merit. Which means - there won't be any of the new jobs such as dancer, scholar, corsair, puppet master and blue mage. So yeah, warrior, bard, red mage, dark knight, black mage, monk for burn party - every other jobs can just go sulk and flag for 6-8 hours with no invite. Also no level synch, no ground of valor of any kind, and good luck trying to find players within 1-3 levels difference. These crazy nostalgics never realize how bad this game was when it first came in 2002.
    (7)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Can't you hardcore wannabes just play Everquest instead? Even at its hardest FFXI was just EQ-Lite anyway.

That's what I don't get. People think they're hardcore badasses for playing FFXI when it was "hard," but it was never the most hardcore MMO. I'll grant you it was one of the of the more tedious and grindy MMOs to not hail from Korea, but never the hardest.
    (2)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast