Character
    Lode
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Items lost from treasure pool.

I was camping Simurgh, again, from around 4:30 am EST USA to about ~10 am ish when to my surprise, it was attacking me from out of nowhere! For all the years I've played and bothered to run all the way out to his spawn and sit countless hours with nothing but crabs and leeches and Ochu for company, Finally, Contact! I summon a linkshell M8 for assistance and we defeat the monster for a full drop including Trotter Boots. Congratulations! I check inventory for space (2/80 open slots) and lot the boots.
    My assistant cheers me on and warps home leaving the rest of the treasure to instantly fall to my inventory. The trash fills my bag and the item I lotted on falls to the ground. The items that were NOT lotted on remained in the pool.

GM call: "Items from treasure pool can not be restored".

Please adjust the treasure mechanics in a way that this does not happen. If you have ever chased a 24+ hour spawn you might imagine the emotion this situation can produce. The personal contact from [GM]Qeepel was a saving grace...This time.
    Thank you.
    (3)

This has always been a pet-peeve of mine. Everyone has to lot/pass the item to make it fall faster, else it basically falls in the order it's listed in the pool. At the very least, lotted items should follow the same rules as any other item where it does not drop into inventory/discard the item if inventory is full until it's drop timer expires.

May be a snafu in the logic during the check when it goes to drop, as the message is something along the lines of you not meeting the requirements to receive the drop and it gets discarded, like when you get a R/E item you already hold. What should happen is the pool stops dropping because inventory is full and it goes to the default cool-down timer for dropping like every other item. THEN if inventory is still full, it gets discarded.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I maintain that my suggestion here would be an easy and fast solution for 90% of FFXI's treasure pool issues, including this one. All that would need to be changed is the formula calculation free inventory slots, and it's a really simple change too, it looks a lot more complicated than it is (and it doesn't look that complicated to begin with).
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Greetings!

Thank you for submitting this concern to us! We can certainly understand your being upset at this loss, especially considering the rarity of the monster and item in question. If you believe this particular mechanic should be altered, please consider leaving feedback on this matter at the Suggestions & Feedback section of the following link.

Suggestions & Feedback

Many things have been changed through community feedback, so please do consider this option! Since this is not a bug, however, I will have to lock this thread for now.

Thank you for your understanding and apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused.

-=Game Master Emdub=-
    (1)
    Last edited by Emdub; 04-26-2012 at 07:49 AM.