Hybrid View

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Tidal Talisman, Voidwatch, Fifty Dollars And You

So some of you may remember or even have a tidal talisman. This once handy little item here that was purchased from SE for $50.

Now with the advaent of voidwatch and it's many many warps there in, this item that people paid very good many for, has become all but useless. So I am stating thus; The Tidal Talisman needs some variety of update to regain it's usibility.
    My suggestion an additional option where if you are not in one of the listed zones, it will work as a warp to send you to either your homepoint or home nation. I am not suggestion that it can do both and allow you to choose, but rather one or the other. This will make it a usable item again as every point that it can warp you to has a corrisponding VW warp. Aside from the now pointless Mhaura/Selbina.
    (9)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    lol think before you buy. xD
    (5)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    lol think before you buy. xD
    It was still an awsome item up until about 3 updates ago. Now it's a $50 waste of space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulrogg View Post
    I thought you had to buy an item and you got that as an in-game item as well. Wasn't it an actual necklace?
    You did, but that doesn't negate the fact that the ingame item has been rendered obsolete due to SE lake of forsight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    Tidal talisman was awesome at low Lvls warping whole party from jeuno to khazam for a jungle party. now i never use it.
    The closest thing I've seen to a jungle party since abyssea came out was me PL'ing people.
    (0)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    The closest thing I've seen to a jungle party since abyssea came out was me PL'ing people.
    Well like i said, now i never use it. ever since they added ToaU to VWNM there has been no point. it was an awesome item back when it came out. think VWNM was the last nail in the Coffin.

think it was also the first gear piece that would Glow/Sparkle. but once again VWNM killed that.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Now it's a $50 waste of space.
    Event Item Storer can store it for you.

You did, but that doesn't negate the fact that the ingame item has been rendered obsolete due to SE lake of forsight.
    Anyone who got it got several years of warps from it, and you can just store it. It also saves you 1000 cruor to use it, so that's another major point.

The Voidwatch warps aren't going away and I don't want SE to waste dev time adding new warps to an item that was supposed to be a gift for people buying some jewelry, especially since said items are no longer for sale.

At best it should have the teleport time reduced, probably to one hour, just like the WotG Retrace staves should have their time reduced to an hour since Retrace scrolls are now cheap. While we're at it Maat's Cap should probably have the warp time on it reduced to an hour too.
    (6)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    At best it should have the teleport time reduced, probably to one hour, just like the WotG Retrace staves should have their time reduced to an hour since Retrace scrolls are now cheap. While we're at it Maat's Cap should probably have the warp time on it reduced to an hour too.
    Yup agree with you. There are so many useful items to warp/retrace you other than the scroll - but the recast time are ridiculous just like most things in the game. 120-180 mnts are more than plenty.
    (0)

That doesn't negate the fact that you got what you paid for and a nifty in-game item to boot.

If the Tidal Talisman needs any adjustment, let it be a lower recast on transit times. Anything other than that is wasting SE's time when it could be spent elsewhere. Less everyone that has ever gotten any in-game item as included with a purchase will want their {INSERT ITEM HERE} adjusted.

/sarcasm: On

"Hey SE, how about making my Satchel bigger since you're introducing so many situational gear items. Especially since you're not sending me a replacement token after the battery in mine expired and has become all but useless. (It's my 'token' FFXI token key-chain now.)"
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

I thought you had to buy an item and you got that as an in-game item as well. Wasn't it an actual necklace?

That's better than the in-game item I got with my HORI clock.

Perhaps they could lower the recast like they did on some of the other transit items.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Tidal talisman was awesome at low Lvls warping whole party from jeuno to khazam for a jungle party. now i never use it.

the item that really bugs me is my Sol Cap. I got it cause i made my character way back in the day with a Gold World Pass. lvl 10 hat that gave Regen. nothing beat it. Then SE goes and adds Destrier Beret Lvl 1 gives regen/refresh, Auto RR, and Skill gain.

everytime i see one of them it feels like SE takes my Sol cap and takes a dump on it.
    (3)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Calling it jewelery is being very generous.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast