Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    The tidal talisment is fine as it is, I still use mine and its great for getting my friends across the sea's.
    (1)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    How do you feel about the Harpsichord, Stuffed Chocobo, Destrier Beret or the Spinet?
    The decorations and the item which makes the game more enticing for someone to pick up and play? I don't think you understand the core of this conversation, so I'll bring you up to speed. Guy paid 50 bucks for an ingame item and now wants it to be more useful than it has become. His investment has depreciated in value, as any intelligent person could have anticipated it would. Now he wants SE to spend their resources upgrading it so it's as useful as (or more useful than) it used to be.

I objected to this because I didn't like the direction SE was taking when they released all those pay-to-win items (T.T. and the 3 mini expansions), and because it is no longer obtainable. However, to be perfectly honest, if they upgraded the T.T. they'd probably start selling it again because that would be the smart thing for them to do. Hell, they'd probably just make a Tidal Talisman +1 and make it so even the people who already have the nq one have to pay for the new one too because that's how a company makes profits. It's also how a company irritates intelligent players who see through the money-grubbing attempt to exploit the impulsive nature of consumers.
    (4)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    It's also how a company irritates intelligent players who see through the money-grubbing attempt to exploit the impulsive nature of consumers.
    I just play ignorance and throw gil at my problems.

Ignorance is bliss.

That, and chocolate.
    (2)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    I don't think you understand the core of this conversation, so I'll bring you up to speed.
    I understood it and support it as I have a Tidal Talisman.
    (0)

Character
    Divinius
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    If you really are treating the tangible product as a throw-away in favor of the virtual item, you either have more money than sense or need to reevaluate your life.
    And yet, that's exactly what virtually everyone who bought a Tidal Talismann did, regardless of whether they are willing to admit it to themselves or not.
    (1)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    lol @ whoever paid $50 for overpriced anal beads and an in-game item that was a gimmick to begin with.

I'm not against getting bonuses along with buying real life items, but at least I get continual enjoyment out of listening to the FFXI soundtracks. The actual tidal talisman was an ugly and pointless piece of crap to begin with.
    (2)

Character
    Agetos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    true, we did get what we paid for, but i still use it whenever the opportunity pops up, for me its still the fastest way to get to Nashmau to buy some trump card cases etc. and as a plus, i can annoy my friends and use it to their displeasure. also the quickest way to get to jeuno from any nation w/o running to an npc. after years of teleports i'd consider it a worthy investment. kind of like my old game boy color, it may not be the newest and shiniest way of doing things, but its still fun and easy to use. worth it.
    (0)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is a pretty fast way to Nashmau see Fig 1.), cause unlike the Tidal Talisman, you don't need to be in said area in order to use said item for teleportation.

Edit; Those earrings came out long before voidwatch, therefore VW teleports didn't affect the Tidal Talisman. I can only wonder why people didn't complain about the teleport earrings when they 1st came out. OP is very upset with VW so it seems. Yeah I agree VW can be a pain when drop rates are in involved, but VW did not kill the Tidal Talisman or make it less useful. It was dead when it first came out and we all know people just bought it to look pretty, all 9 of ya!

Fig 1.)
    (3)
    Last edited by Krashport; 04-28-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Not everyone dabbles in synergy.(And yes I am perfectly aware another person can craft it for you, that would still fall under dabbling.)
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    This is a pretty fast way to Nashmau see Fig 1.), cause unlike the Tidal Talisman, you don't need to be in said area in order to use said item for teleportation.

Edit; Those earrings came out long before voidwatch, therefore VW teleports didn't affect the Tidal Talisman. I can only wonder why people didn't complain about the teleport earrings when they 1st came out. OP is very upset with VW so it seems. Yeah I agree VW can be a pain when drop rates are in involved, but VW did not kill the Tidal Talisman or make it less useful. It was dead when it first came out and we all know people just bought it to look pretty, all 9 of ya!

Fig 1.)

All the teleport earrings had a 24 hour cooldown when released - i.e. they weren't that amazingly useful. That's probably why people didn't complain. Cooldown was lowered to 1 hour in May 2011.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3