Character
    Elvyn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Whitegate as a home nation?

Not sure what kind of response ill get from this, but its worth a try.

I reckon SE should implement Whitegate as a home nation, its been years now and I can only surmise most people are Rank 10 on one or all three home nations.

From a developer point of view I could understand the difficulty of making the Mog House there customizable, but not a big enough problem if enough people wanted it (this is SE though).

Obviously this would become an option after you complete the Aht Urghan story line to keep in with cannon(ish).

Thoughts people? Or maybe this Aby/VW centric game makes me miss the old days ;;
    (0)
    :O Destiny's Child Reformed!

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    What exactly do you mean with "home nation"? Just to make the flag appear in search and OP warps work from there?

I guess I just don't really see the point. What's your motivation behind this?
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

agreed...not sure there would really be much benefit to it unless they were going to add a new system of missions and a home-nation centric set of gears (like the home nation rings, IS sets of gear like the CP stuff). That's a heck of a lot to expect of SE in this current state of the development team. I would rather they invest the resources for such content to open up a new area on the map and add all kinds of new content that way.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

They decided against Jeuno at last minute for a reason...I doubt you can pledge to Whitegate, especially since the Immortal leader already wants to eat your soul..though I'm thinking we're not paying attention to the storyline with this request.

Though the Japanese beat you to it, they use Whitegate as their home nation to escape Port Jeuno.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Elvyn
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I wasn't aware they ever though about making Jueno a home nation? Would be kewl to hear the reasons against it...

However I can see having Whitegate as a home nation would be of no specific benefit, however being a part of any Nation brings no benefits per-say its just something "extra". As with most nations you become a national then do missions, in Whitegates case I was more thinking of the Empresses allowing your residence after you complete the Whitegate story line as a "reward" not being able to start out there. Also being able to customize the mog house would be great!

I know its on the wrong side of unlikely with the mountain of work SE has to do, but its an idea and one that I like the thought of. ^^b
    (0)
    :O Destiny's Child Reformed!

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Whitegate used to be a home nation, back in the days of ToAU where merit party camp is the best on the ToAU areas - it was extremely laggy and just as bad as PJ. They should make the npc abyssea in Whitegate and many others newer content npcs. Also make yell can be heard in Whitegate and other cities, then you will see less of a lag. Right now some of the new contents need 12-36 people, and if you are not in jeuno, you will miss the announcement so people tend to cluster where the actions are.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Whitegate used to be a home nation, back in the days of ToAU where merit party camp is the best on the ToAU areas [..]
    I think he meant to be able to set it as your proper home nation, change your allegiance to Aht Urhgan.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    They should remove the rent-a-room mog houses completely (except the WotG ones). In foreign cities you just get teleported to your mog house (seriously, your mog can to check on plants, why do I have to look at this poorly furnished room more often than I get to look at my own?). Then add the ability to customize the base appearance of your mog house to being a; San d'Oria, Bastok, Windurst, Jeuno or Whitegate mog house. Base which you can have off missions which could be done very easily by requiring the nation flag.

Unless you want something else out of being a Whitegate national, I think this does pretty much the same thing (and more).
    (1)