Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Suggestion: Fix hate and a few jobs while your at it.

I know this has been asked for before but i think SE are missing out on a golden opportunity to use the hate cap issue to bring back a couple of jobs.

Firstly i'll start by saying theres no need to adjust how hate works but just make it so we can break the hate cap using certain jobs.

Idea 1 : Job trait for PLD

Simple enough a 4-10% enmity multiplier that breaks the hate cap meaning a PLD that has capped hate will have hate rather than it being about the last person that hit it.

Idea 2 : Master of Hate control THF

Trick attack should have it's own hate meaning you can use trick attck to exceed Hate cap temporally (since you can spam every 45 sec)

Idea 3 : Giving RDM Goad

a spell that is a single target that is 5-10% enmity multiplier that breaks the hate cap

Really these ideas would bring hate control back into the game considering your getting us to zerg almost everything meaning the hate mechanic for DDs is obsolete but with this you can make it so Tanks can Tank

(i know i didn't mention NIN but w/ a THF and RDM support NIN would benefit as well
    (3)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Why not just try to keep said melee's hate in check and stop matching that of a Said tank, this is kinda a totally fail on a melee part if one really thinks about it. (I sometimes do it, just to piss off a tank) After all there is a hate cap... and if it would be raised melee's will find away to reach it before a tank does. If most melee's time their shots and not go all gung ho on killing it already, pouring massive amount of damage into said mob in a short amount of time, said tanks wouldn't have a hate problem, melee's now a days don't really care if a tank have full hate or not. Personally I don't find myself having a hate problem on my PLD, then again I do play with friends and family mostly and we play smarter not harder. There is people out there that would rather spite others and one of the best ways is with pulling hate lol. Also if one doesn't give an effect on keeping hate you're going to loose it in the long run, CureII/III <st> it shouldn't be <me> all the time. not saying it's every PLD, but you know who you are.
    (1)

eh... for the most part, hasn't been too big an issue. Guess the people I usually do stuff with are more inclined to seat hate on a tank out of habit, as most have played for 5+yrs. It's mostly just a short list of mobs that have hate reset moves. A means to suddenly spike hate specifically for the tank roles would be a nice remedy for that. We already do some hate rebalancing somewhat with the resident SCH and WHM subtle blow effect/BLM Enmity Douse--but giving something designed specifically for the tanking classes would be a welcomed tweak.
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Why not just try to keep said melee's hate in check and stop matching that of a Said tank, this is kinda a totally fail on a melee part if one really thinks about it. (I sometimes do it, just to piss off a tank) After all there is a hate cap... and if it would be raised melee's will find away to reach it before a tank does. If most melee's time their shots and not go all gung ho on killing it already, pouring massive amount of damage into said mob in a short amount of time, said tanks wouldn't have a hate problem, melee's now a days don't really care if a tank have full hate or not. Personally I don't find myself having a hate problem on my PLD, then again I do play with friends and family mostly and we play smarter not harder. There is people out there that would rather spite others and one of the best ways is with pulling hate lol. Also if one doesn't give an effect on keeping hate you're going to loose it in the long run, CureII/III <st> it shouldn't be <me> all the time. not saying it's every PLD, but you know who you are.
    You realize that a melee hits the hate cap without two to three WS's, and since half the hate is CE which doesn't go away with time, you can't control it. VE accumulates at about 3x the rate of CE so even the hate that goes away caps ridiculously fast. 10,000 VE decays at 60Ve/sec so 167 seconds for VE to die completely. Once you look at those numbers you realize that "hate control" is useless in this game. The current hate system is designed around level 60, after that it gradually gets worse and worse until it's totally useless.
    (3)

Character
    Tagrineth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    A good R/M/E DD will rarely not have capped enmity.
    (3)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    the hate system is ass. It was clearly designed for up to lvl 50 and a bit later. The flaws of the hate system were allready visible back at lvl 75. If you want to make pld a tank there is only 2 options:

1. Build up a total new hate system
    2. fuck pld as a tank and actually asign this role to a melee (oh wait we allready have one that can do that!)

raising the hate cap on just one job is an easy fix, but not a preferable one from my point of view.
    (2)