Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Oricimaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

can someone answer me this?

Is it just my Server or is it all around? I go to VW namly as blu and i never get put in the pt with Cor's or Brd's. not that it makes a HUGE Differnce but still would be nice.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    As BLU you're expected to spam proc spells, first and foremost. And while otherwise a BLU's damage potential is pretty high, this is a great drawback, so it's better to put heavy DD in with BRDs and CORs.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    As BLU you're expected to spam proc spells, first and foremost. And while otherwise a BLU's damage potential is pretty high, this is a great drawback, so it's better to put heavy DD in with BRDs and CORs.
    Excellent answer, I couldn't have said it better myself. *\(o.o)/*
    (1)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    BLU is purely perceived as a proc job. It's wrong but that's how people view it and people play it.

You only need a single BLU to do procs and he/she should not be leeching by sitting around doing nothing. Especially, with these stronger newer mobs.

I find it incredibly frustrating, in particular those Blue Mages who are very well geared and refuse to nothing with it but sit and wait to proc. I've actually had someone argue that /BLM is superior to /WAR to be able to use elemental seal.
    (4)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    Its all about people understanding what a BLU can do. Whiles I appreciate your point, its a fact of FFXI life mage jobs are treated back line jobs and as a BLU you should be more than capable of looking after your own needs. SO I say stand where you want to stand but dont look for others to help.
    (0)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I completely disagree with that Katz. Leaving a BLU unsupported in a party is ineffecient and discouraging.

Doing only Blue Magic procs is only a small proportion of the complete package the job can provide.

As a BLU I always push myself to do Sword and Club procs, as well as provide additional damage. But when I'm always the last person to be cured and have debuffs removed, or I'm being given double ballad because its what benefits BLMs even though ive asked for double march,
    I don't feel like a respected member of the alliance.
    (0)

The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    What I find amazing is, you disagree BLU should have the choice of where they stand? Why dont you think of the poor DRKS who are always pushed out and are way less supported than BLUs with their spell range..
    (0)

Character
    Onihavoc
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    VW hates bluemages. In order to effectively do our job we need every last spell spot and set point. Setting proc spells alone is a huge impact on our ability to deal damage effectively. Not to mention the amount of time it takes for spells to reset. I always sub /rdm for vw because atleast then i can help cure and keep myself alive while i try to tp on the mob between procs. And to top it off blu gets no respect what so ever. Hard to blame people when all they see 90% of blu's wearing full empy gear and dual wield macc swords. It makes me want to cry . Needs more good bluemages and less close minded players.
    (0)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    What I disagree with is your comment "don't look to others for help".

I have no pity for DRKs, it's an amazing damage dealing job that only got outshined by abysseas proc system.

----

Theres most likely a problem with BLUs knowledge also OniHavoc. Your go to sub should be /WAR, not /RDM.

Maybe we need to start writing up guides again, although I'm not sure there's much of an audience for it.
    (3)

Character
    Onihavoc
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tashan View Post
    Your go to sub should be /WAR, not /RDM.
    I would like to see your spell setup for /war which i do prefer to use myself but with setting proc spells for vw(which is what i was refering to) i dont have the space to set the needed jt's like dw3 /tripleatk /store tp plus healing refresh haste and a dmg spell or two. Most of the time your waiting for spells to reset and i find it extremely painful operating that much slower then i could be.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast