Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BURN! Is it wrong :P

Has anyone been in a [burn] since exp boost? I have. I happen to have the fortune of having a kupofreid's ring on me...1200/kill i was astonished! then up to 1800/kill. I about came. what I saw next was smn48>smn54 good times
    (0)

Character
    Moink
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Never been in one nor do I care to be... Summoning Magic Skill is not easily one to come by in this game. You only hurt your effectiveness on the game as SMN through insufficient skill.
    (0)

Character
    Lllen
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Omg, I will never burn Smn, I did a little, 17-24, plus I wasn't capped to 17 to start with. Even that little amount meant a long time leveling by daytime, then sitting during nighttime (skelies, ghoul around) just hitting my macros for skill ups. I learned my lesson not worth the aggravation. It is one thing to burn a job that you already have certain skillups and basically know the job, but to me burning leaves out all the finesse you learn from parties or even soloing.

I burned basically my Whm in Abyssea 54 to end, but I was able to cure at 54 and rarely died (don't cure the puller...lol) . I had blm and rdm to 90 already. But I still need Healing skillups, never ending battle, they are hard to get.
    (0)
    Last edited by lllen; 03-17-2011 at 05:56 AM.

Character
    Glitchy
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    While I agree that burning doesn't afford you the practice and player skill you'd otherwise gain from traditional xp'ing, refusing to burn due to the lack of skill-ups is ignorant. You can earn skill faster as a 90 SMN than you can as say, a 40 SMN, simply by going and farming on mobs that are within the skill range you are seeking. Overall when you combine time spent xp'ing with time spent raising skill you will see a significantly lower investment by burning or partaking in dominion parties then skilling up afterward as opposed to xp'ing the traditional way.
    (0)

Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    AFB is a great way to level those annoying subs & much easier than trying to sneak into an Abyssea party with them.

I agree with Glitch the rate at which we gain XP now is so fast that even with the adjustments to skill-ups your skill can't keep up with your level. In Abyssea I more often than not party with numerous people who don't have even the most basic gear/ spells/ skills associated with their job or are /anon levelling a low level job. Skilling up has always been a part of FF often separate from XP but If you want to be good at your job no matter how you level it your going to go cap your skills out. Sadly of course some players who level their jobs quickly probably wont ever learn how to play them well, certainly not as well as taking 6 month+ to level it but still I'd rather put up with this than go back to the old days of 4k/ hour in a good party just to allow my skill-ups to keep pace with my XP.
    (0)

Character
    Nepharite
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    My friend burned his smn 30-90 in abyssea, he capped his summoning skill rather fast from what I recall.
    He skilled it up from duoing stuff with me in abyssea, not casting outside his mh over and over.

The whole logic of not having skillups needs to go away, its simply not true.
    People that want their skills capped will have their skills capped, people that don't will not.
    Its all on the player, not the leveling up process.
    (0)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well, I think its kinda easy to cap Summoning Magic now. After doing a Heavenly Strike, do a Frost Armor That way you get double chance of getting a skill up. And using 2HR usually give good skill ups. (and when you are in Abyssea you will probably do alot of 2HRing as a SMN ^_-)
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

I have seen ZERO parties doing burns since abyssea came out. lol Playing on Valefor server. Would be a good time to organize some of those parties but everyone is busy with abyssea of course. :P
    (0)
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

On my server its been hard to get camp. I popped my kuporing, 1200+/kill last time I was doing it.
    (0)

lmfao glitch good thing a read before i type XD. @lvl 90 you can get way better skill ups then any other lvl XD. dom/ops and lvl of mob in your skill range! ^_^ lvl smn as fast as you can!!!!! The only thing i would say thats the matter with lvling to 90 in a few days is . . . . Your going to be pretty much a lvl 90 noob . . . .. and you need to do some studying on your job not to be mean but just to be honest . ..
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast