Thread: Last Stand

Character
    Oricimaru
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Last Stand

Is this WS worth it till i get Wildfire? It seems it would be. I have just recently leveled Cor and still getting used to the ranged dmg portion of it. And if so What gear should i look for? I do have ALOT of gear from leveling BLU amongst other things.

Thanks for the info in advance
    Oricimaru
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The short answer is that Last Stand can be very awesome, but you'll want to get it to level 5, spend tons of money on good bullets, and load up on tons and tons of AGI gear for it.

I'm far from being an expert on gear, so if someone more knowlegable comes along, listen to them instead of me. But I'd recommend flame/aqua/light belt+gorget, AF3+2 boots, AF2+2 pants, skadi body (or tessera saio if you can get your hands on that sexy thing), skadi gloves (there's prolly something much better... I haven't really researched gloves much), AF3+2 hat, blobnag+stormsoul rings, and wilhelm+altdorf earrings.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oricimaru View Post
    Is this WS worth it till i get Wildfire? It seems it would be. I have just recently leveled Cor and still getting used to the ranged dmg portion of it. And if so What gear should i look for? I do have ALOT of gear from leveling BLU amongst other things.

Thanks for the info in advance
    Oricimaru
    You must /WAR and use chaos with this WS, and eat attack food. If you have a BRD in pt, you need to ask for attack songs as well.
    Nguul is best for main hand when you /WAR, other wise use Vulcan's staff+ STR+4 grip.

This WS is AGI mod 100%, so you mainly gear for AGI, STR is less effective, but depending on the amount of STR in that slot it may beat the AGI option.

www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/254160

This set is currently the best Last Stand set, can replace body with T.saio for the sake of inv, probably easier to get atm with luck anyways. Earring with racc or rattk augment+TP bonus.

If you can't get drop from dragon or can't clear Nyzul/don't have nyzul friendly job, next best gears are:

Head: AF3+2(if you need racc) or Oce. Headpiece +1
    Body: Kudzu Aketon, or Athos tabard(Kudzu is better), or just Loki if you have trouble with VW drops.
    Legs: Mirador if you need racc, or ambushers.
    Feet: AF3+2 feet, this isn't much to swap until you get Nyzul 4/5
    Back: Terebellum mantle or another racc piece if you need racc.
    Hands: Alruna gloves or Athos's gloves, my personal experience is Athos's does more dmg.
    (2)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Thank you for your input, Afania. I was very curious myself and only decided to answer because no one else seemed to step forward.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    4.4 fTP (gorget / belt) with 100% AGI WSC

Ranged ratio caps at something like 3.0? (been long time since I checked that).
    Good gun + bullets and your gonna be blowing stuff up, needs lots and lots of attack to reach close to that 3.0 though. Has the potential to do 3~4K depending on how much LCF your target gets.

Assuming 200 AGI for 170 WSC,
    DMg: 55 Stoertebeker (something I could find real quick, most likely far better non-emp ones)
    DMG: 77 Oberon's Bullet (something semi cheap)
    And maybe ~20 fSTR2 (don't know how COR's fSTR2 stacks against most targets)

322 base DMG
    4.4625 fTP (gorget + belt + moonshade)
    so 1436.925 before we even get to attack.
    2.0 ~ 3.0 pDiff (Assuming zerk + stalwarts + food + possible BRD buffs / Chaos Roll with DRK)
    2873.85 ~ 4310.775

That's with mediocre weapon and ammo selection and making lots of off the cuff assumptions. In either case it should put on pretty good numbers, but entirely up to how much AGI and attack you can get.
    (0)
    Last edited by saevel; 05-08-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    4.4 fTP (gorget / belt) with 100% AGI WSC

Ranged ratio caps at something like 3.0? (been long time since I checked that).
    Good gun + bullets and your gonna be blowing stuff up, needs lots and lots of attack to reach close to that 3.0 though. Has the potential to do 3~4K depending on how much LCF your target gets.

Assuming 200 AGI for 170 WSC,
    DMg: 55 Stoertebeker (something I could find real quick, most likely far better non-emp ones)
    DMG: 77 Oberon's Bullet (something semi cheap)
    And maybe ~20 fSTR2 (don't know how COR's fSTR2 stacks against most targets)

322 base DMG
    4.4625 fTP (gorget + belt + moonshade)
    so 1436.925 before we even get to attack.
    2.0 ~ 3.0 pDiff (Assuming zerk + stalwarts + food + possible BRD buffs / Chaos Roll with DRK)
    2873.85 ~ 4310.775

That's with mediocre weapon and ammo selection and making lots of off the cuff assumptions. In either case it should put on pretty good numbers, but entirely up to how much AGI and attack you can get.
    Ranged pDIF capped at 3 yes, you can also add another TP+20 from fencer, so 4.512 fTP. It's easily 3~4k depending on how much attack you can get close to 3, but it only work well on T3 tbh, the amount of attack you need is way too high for this WS that you pretty much have to use all your buff slot(food/songs/roll) for attack, thus may have acc issue on higher tier NMs. And if the fight lasts longer than 3 min, you will suffer a lot of dmg lose.

It'd be the best if you can have 4 songs BRD(for extra 2 buff slot so you can get acc), and quite possibly using hunters for 2nd roll if you're using this WS on higher tier NMs.
    (0)