Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Attacking Monsters with an Avatar While Being AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news21434.shtml
    Updates Apr. 20, 2012 12:50 [PDT] From: FINAL FANTASY XI
    Attacking Monsters with an Avatar While Being AFK

Recently, we have confirmed an issue wherein players in Grauberg (S) will leave their summoned avatars out while they’re AFK and let the avatars attack monsters by using the auto-counter attack system. Also, we have confirmed that these players have gained experience points and items through this act.

Not only does this act upset the game balance, it may interrupt the game play of other players. Any players caught performing the act by a Game Master (GM) may see disciplinary action taken against their accounts. Therefore, we ask that you please refrain yourself from performing this act.

Please be advised that a GM may request assistance from you if they determine that your actions may be causing a disruption in the game balance. If you received instructions from a GM, we ask that you follow them immediately. If you do not follow the instructions, as stated previously, the GM will take action against your account.

If you encounter a player performing this act, please do not hesitate to report them to the Special Task Force via the URL listed below. The Special Task Force and the GMs will work together to investigate the matter accordingly.

?SQUARE ENIX Support Center
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=20&la=1
    [Report to Special Task Force]

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.

I am not with or against it, But if the system allows it, This should not be a problem with balance, also this could totally be taken as harassment on the companies part, now we have to worry about if our pets are out if we plan to AFK in the near future.

I see people dual boxing without others being at their coms all that time, having them on auto-follow. What makes this any different. Only problem I see, BST, PUP and DRG not having the auto-counter attack system.

If you gotta go, you gotta go and if having this auto-counter attack system on every pet job would balance things out, we could all totally AFK and take or leave a $#@! in peace, (might get some nomnoms on the way back).
    (10)

Character
    Carebear
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's part of the game mechanic, but it's forbidden. What? Either have all jobs have access to it or remove it if it's that much of an issue. Also, what if someone does have to take a major emergency poo (or something else unplanned and urgent happens) and there's no time to Dismiss their pet before running AFK only to come back to their character being in jail or something. That wouldn't be fair.

We may spend a good bit of time on FFXI, but we aren't robots. :\
    (12)
    Last edited by Midorikaze; 04-21-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This does not make any sense at all.... why is this considered as harassment? Avatar does not have endless HP, it will die, and when it does - you can bet your bottom drawer that the said afk smn will die fast.
    (6)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

lol really... do we have to...
    (25)

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    This does not make any sense at all.... why is this considered as harassment? Avatar does not have endless HP, it will die, and when it does - you can bet your bottom drawer that the said afk smn will die fast.
    SMNs were doing this with Chigos, said mobs will not ever kill your pet before garuda criticals on them.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This isn't a problem, in fact honestly the auto attack on aggro is often more of an annoyance than a benefit.

I also don't understand at all how this is "harassing" anyone.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzell View Post
    SMNs were doing this with Chigos, said mobs will not ever kill your pet before garuda criticals on them.
    Garuda will die eventually. If you're really afk you cannot resummon, and most importantly, you cannot cure yourself. If more than one aggro, you're fucked.

Also, can anyone fill me in on what exactly people were exploiting? Are SE upset that people were getting 2k EXP overnight? Or a stack of Chigoe Blood? What? I have no idea what has been exploited in Grauberg [S] so that people actually profited off of it. The worst I can imagine is people doing trial kills, which is still horribly inefficient. I don't see what's, in any way, shape or form, bad about this.

I actually do care a bit about this, because I've used this to make pulling easier. This has been especially useful for trials, where you can pull with Dia or even by activating a BP and have the avatar engage the mob automatically. It will be a bit more tiresome to do it manually, and I'm opposed to any trade off of intellectual labor for manual labor.
    (5)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    I used the autoattack to learn Angra Mainyu's summons have an aggro range somewhere in the 300 yalms range (pre update).

And that statement has to be one of the dumbest I've heard in awhile.
    (2)

Character
    Duzell
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Garuda will die eventually. If you're really afk you cannot resummon, and most importantly, you cannot cure yourself. If more than one aggro, you're fucked.

Also, can anyone fill me in on what exactly people were exploiting? Are SE upset that people were getting 2k EXP overnight? Or a stack of Chigoe Blood? What? I have no idea what has been exploited in Grauberg [S] so that people actually profited off of it. The worst I can imagine is people doing trial kills, which is still horribly inefficient. I don't see what's, in any way, shape or form, bad about this.

I actually do care a bit about this, because I've used this to make pulling easier. This has been especially useful for trials, where you can pull with Dia or even by activating a BP and have the avatar engage the mob automatically. It will be a bit more tiresome to do it manually, and I'm opposed to any trade off of intellectual labor for manual labor.
    PPL were doing it to farm wind geodes and Garudites while AFK, due to the frequent wind weather in the zone and ease of killing chigoes.
    (2)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzell View Post
    PPL were doing it to farm wind geodes and Garudites while AFK, due to the frequent wind weather in the zone and ease of killing chigoes.
    I saw this and thought it was pretty Clever. But it's not like they would go afk and come back to stacks, it would only be afew, SE just doesn't like that they found away to auto play the game, they see it like the old Fishing bots.

Also i saw it done with carby, Since carby gets Auto-Regen and is free at every lvl
    (3)

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast