Character
    Agetos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Snake Eye Adjustments

Snake Eye
    Recast time reduced from fifteen minutes to five.
    Additional merit points no longer reduce casting time, but instead increase the likelihood that the next roll will result in a sum total of XI when a 5 or higher is showing.

Could this be explained further? I'm not sure I'm understanding how this actually works. Or could someone give me of an example of this happening during a fight? Is it the roll after the 1 being rolled or.. what?
    (0)
    Last edited by Agetos; 04-21-2012 at 01:39 AM.

Hey Agetos,

Lemme explain: so say you have 2 merits into Snake Eye, and you rolled a 5 > use Snake Eye > your next roll has a greater chance of being what it needs to be to equal XI (in this example, you'd need 6). Basically you will have a better chance of hitting that necessary amount needed to hit XI with more merits in there.

But it also can still force a 1 roll. So if you rolled a X, Snake Eye, I = XI! BAM!

Hope that clears it up!
    (1)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Hey Agetos,

Lemme explain: so say you have 2 merits into Snake Eye, and you rolled a 5 > use Snake Eye > your next roll has a greater chance of being what it needs to be to equal XI (in this example, you'd need 6). Basically you will have a better chance of hitting that necessary amount needed to hit XI with more merits in there.

But it also can still force a 1 roll. So if you rolled a X, Snake Eye, I = XI! BAM!

Hope that clears it up!
    But by the same token, you can roll one less than a lucky number, use snake eye and end up catapulted forward to an unlucky number rather than hitting an 11 or the lucky number you intended to hit.
    Is that correct?

Also: provide us with the exact percentage chance to snake eye straight to 11.

edit: Wait a minute...I think I just derped pretty hard. That double-up to 11 thing only kicks in when we're showing 5 or higher, my concerns are unwarranted.
    (1)
    Last edited by cidbahamut; 04-21-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Adding that there is only a 40% chance of this happening with capped snake eye which I believe is kinda pointless. I don't think I would ever waste my snake eye on a 40% chance of success. I will just end up dropping it down to 1 merit and capping something else.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    But by the same token, you can roll one less than a lucky number, use snake eye and end up catapulted forward to an unlucky number rather than hitting an 11 or the lucky number you intended to hit.
    Is that correct?

Also: provide us with the exact percentage chance to snake eye straight to 11.

edit: Wait a minute...I think I just derped pretty hard. That double-up to 11 thing only kicks in when we're showing 5 or higher, my concerns are unwarranted.
    It's basically just for when you hit unlucky number (say 7) and you don't want to re-roll in case you bust. You pop snake eye to get to 8 and therefore no longer unlucky, but BAM! 11

If/when it kicks in, it will always take you to 11, never anything else, so if your lucky was 6 and you're at 5. you're going to either hit lucky or 11.
    (4)

Player
    Good, it falls in line with the whole gambling theme of Corsair.
    (1)

Player
    Just seems weird that they would add this to "Snake Eye" (which implies it is only a roll of 1). So now Snake Eye can roll up to a 6? Strange. Why not just make a new ability or even a merit to add that random % to double up?
    (3)