Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Clearing up 4 Merit slots to adjust to other areas
    Real DNC don't 5/5 Fan Dance now! No merit slots were gained from the Fan Dance adjustment!
    (2)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think Karbuncle's talking about Saber (going 1/5 rather than 5/5), which was my original point, though again I agree with you that Etoile +2 makes it moot.

Though it's hard to complain about anything today because Hotkey FFXI
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    Real DNC don't 5/5 Fan Dance now! No merit slots were gained from the Fan Dance adjustment!
    Then asbolutely nothing will chang efor "real DNCs" Except getting full 5/5 Pre-Adjustment benefits for 1 single merit. Seems like even a bigger gain than clearing up 4 merits if one had 5/5'd Fan Dance in my eyes.

This adjustment may not have bring DNC's back into being useful for anything but white procs in Dynamis, But its on average with about what allt he other adjustments have been.

I don't think anything they could have changed for Saber Dance would have made DNC Mainstream again, So we should hold out for something a long that line in the near future when all the merit adjustments are done... We'll go sit next to THF, SMN, and RDM. You can sit next to RDM though, He smells.
    (1)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, I actually used Fan Dance today guys!
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    First off, I'd like to say that overall I'm both surprised, disappointed, and excited about the new changes. I'm surprised that they chose to add these specific enhancements. I'm disappointed that they didn't add enhancements that made more sense. Finally, I'm excited that they didn't choose to nerf Saber/Fan Dance and force us to restore them using tier 2 merit points.

I feel what you're saying, Camate, but the adjustment is too weak for the additional effect you've named to make any real impact. With +15 seconds per additional merit level, I would be much happier. Then we can activate Saber Dance and Haste Samba at the same time.

It's not about losing a nominal amount of TP. It's about the JA delay and how often you have to pause to maintain an essential buff. It's like asking RDMs to cast Refresh on themselves once every 2.5 minutes. For a long time it was the brutal standard, but eventually you guys were like, "Hey, it would be an incredibly minor enhancement from a Balance-perspective and an incredibly major enhancement from a gameplay-perspective if we just let them cast three times less often!" Thus, Composure was born. Saber Dance could have been our Composure.

120 seconds : current
    144 seconds : Test Server with 5/5 Saber Dance
    180 seconds : What I'd like, = to Saber Dance's recast timer

Twashtar/Pugiunculus (new dagger) with one healer supporting you :
    176/150 delay w/ 48% DW = 84 delay per hand = 4.2 base TP
    4.2 base TP w/ 21 STP = 5 TP/hit
    5 TP/84-delay hit, 50% Haste (Spell, Samba, Gear Haste), 33% DA, 8% TA = 10.45 TP per second

All considered, activating Haste Samba inefficiently costs us ~56 TP (2 seconds lost, 35 TP cost).

Currently, this represents 4.5% of our TP gain in the same amount of time.
    On the test server, this represents 3.7% of our TP gain in the same amount of time.
    With what I proposed, this would represent 3% of our TP gain in the same amount of time and would be much more convenient to activate.
    (3)

Character
    Fupafighters
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    A good dancer has 2 minute samba..... If you're not macroing afv1 head, you doing it wrong. Look at the bright side. We get to 1/5 saber dance and fan dance if we desire, opening some acc/evasion or max no foot raise. Job is getting a boost and people are complaining it's getting a boost because it's not big enough.....really? They could just realize dnc is already amazing and nerf us. Be happy with what we got lol.
    (1)

Character
    Thelona
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    loving the fan dance adjustment, means I can do something really stupid every 3 min instead of 5!
    seriously though, if it's dead it can't hit you back. 5/5 SD
    only time I use FD is for red life, or I pulled 5+ mobs accidentally in dyna, coupled with trance to stabilize, or if no procs came up in VW and it's looking at me with no fanatics
    (1)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    So for anybody who didn't know:

The merits are a 5% increase past the first per merit for both for a total of 20% samba duration increase and 20% waltz recast reduction. Thats an extra 18 seconds to sambas. I guess if you combine the FD merits with the -2 second reduction head you can... push V's recast down to what IV's is...

I feel like both are pretty underwhelming - was atleast expecting a flat 10 seconds per merit to be added to samba duration so the biggest boon to these merits still seems to be AF2+2's effect regardless.
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibayama View Post
    So for anybody who didn't know:

The merits are a 5% increase past the first per merit for both for a total of 20% samba duration increase and 20% waltz recast reduction. Thats an extra 18 seconds to sambas. I guess if you combine the FD merits with the -2 second reduction head you can... push V's recast down to what IV's is...

I feel like both are pretty underwhelming - was atleast expecting a flat 10 seconds per merit to be added to samba duration so the biggest boon to these merits still seems to be AF2+2's effect regardless.
    That is so laughingly ridiculous. Serious?
    (0)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Yup - So assuming that you did go 5/5 on fan with the expansion head with waltz -2 on it your timers for all waltzes from III would be:

Curing Waltz V: 16 (from 24)
    Curing Waltz IV: 12 (from 17)
    Curing Waltz III: 6 (from 10)

Divine II: 14 (from 20)

Healing: 10 (from 15)

So you'd be sacrificing 5-8% potency (depending on if you have the Khepri Bonnet which most of us most likely won't have anytime soon) for roughly one third or so of the recast time for waltzes shaved off with merits + head while fan is up.

As far as the saber merits go, you really have no compelling reason to merit it to 5/5 other than to get the awesome full 5% DA enhancement from Etoile +2 which is a shame because I was really expecting to get atleast 40 or so extra seconds out of it. Oh well.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 05-02-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast