Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Dancer merrit-Ability Adjustments . Players Opinions.

The Suggested Adjustments can be found here.

Now I'm asking for your Opinion on these.

From my Point of View:
    • Saber Dance
      While i like the 3 minute recast i can't see that a longer Duration of Sambas is a great benefit at this point.
      You merely save a few TP at best, not only because of not recasting that often but also due to a few more swings considdering Ability Delay.
      (I would have liked a increased effect of Sambas rather than duration)
    • Fan Dance
      3 minute recast here is nice certainly. Lowerd recasts sounds nice at first sight too.
      The +15 Enmity (for useing Fan Dance) isnt a huge drawback due to the hate cap Issue. Like it always was.. the loss of Haste Samba is the Issue here.

My Commenet:
    At first sight i thought: I'm going full Fan Dance. But i may reconsidder.
    Due to Dancers current Role in Party it'll maybe depend on how much the Duration of Sambas is extended an how much recast for walzes is cut.

Im leaning towards a 3<>3 Split on these at the moment. Then again it remains to be seen how strong the effects are.
    (1)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i feel you are lookin at the 3 min recast thing like something they are adding. they are jsut removing the useless reduction of recast per merit like all the other changes. so you can have the 3 min recast wiht one merit instead of 5 like before.

i am not saying that dancers arent for damage dealing, but i rarely do anything as dnc for dmg. Im usually soloing something or low manning or tankin and full fan dance actually really helps (takin 7 dmg hits with fan dance when its normally 700 dmg a regular hit is the tits!). I only look at the samba duration addition as icing on the cake for saber dance when i reexamine these merits.

I dont even have saber dance merited atm cause i always end up havin to cancel it to cure even if we have a effin whm (its sad i know) Ever since the addition of Presto i havent had no foot rise merited either. I have closed position and fan dance full merited atm cause i was usually solo and i decided i liked 3 minute fan dance for when something likes to dispel or i need fandance recasted before the 5 minute timer is up for soloing.

Ive been waiting for these updates to be announced to figure out how i am goin to change things around tho. also i have been building a mule whm so i can focus on more damage aspects as well.

Im not expecting a huge reduction on fan dance for waltz timers cause i jsut dont want to get my hopes up. and I think i must be the only dnc that would prefer waltz potency over stupid 2 seconds less on that mini expansion head (especially now that i stick to waltz 3 and only use higher tiers if its emergnecy, and 3 is generally up pretty fast). but if im in a situation that i may be throwin lots of cures around i imagine id be up in the battle and i can only see fan dance reducing my dmg i take while im all up ons to be beneficial.

I usually look at situations as do i need drain or haste sambas, or fan dance for survival (sometimes i start with fan dance and eventually jsut haste samba cause dmg taken isnt as bad). I have a 2-4 dagger that keeps my TP build pretty high so haste samba isnt always that necessary for me. And ive never been in a situation as not DNC where people said "Damn i wish we had a DNC with haste samba here!"
    (0)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    This is actually really tough for me - My current Merit setup is 5/5 NFR 3/5 CP and 1/1 fan and saber respectively. I probably should have knocked some merits off NFR anyway - i used it mostly for pre-75+ cap to build TP in stuff like Einherjar and ENM's and stuff - not much use for it now personally especially with Charis Bangles +2.

Anyway when I first saw the coveted Waltz Recast - this morning I was excited and expecting to rearrange my merits to get 5/5 fan dance. The merits certainly add another element of picking your fighting style depending on what is needed. I have to agree in saying that the increased samba duration on saber is kind of underwhelming. Yeah I guess after awhile the TP from 3 haste sambas adds up to another weaponskill but I've never really found myself hurting for TP from samba cost especially with Saber up.

I agree that samba effect would be much interesting but perhaps they feel like the haste samba merit from G1's already does that, or perhaps they'll be changing that merit to just be samba effect in general... Hmmm

Anyway I was thinking about the potential Waltz Cooldown effect on merits - most likely it wont be any higher than 4 seconds for 5/5: Either 1 second for every merit past the first if it's gunna be a flat rate or like... 5% every merit for a total of 20. Hopefully it's just a flat reduction because then only V really has a benefit worth putting 5/5 into it... Just anything more than 1 would prolly end up being broken - 2 per merit would make 1, 2 and 3 recastless with anwig Salade's -2...

I'm guessing it's just gunna be around 20-25%ish honestly.
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Etoile Tights +2
    (3)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    While not specifically stated, I presume that the lowered recast time for Waltz only applies while Fan Dance is active? Same for Samba and Saber Dance?
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    While not specifically stated, I presume that the lowered recast time for Waltz only applies while Fan Dance is active? Same for Samba and Saber Dance?
    I think it sounds just like that.
    (0)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Anyway, loss of samba kills the fan dance adjustment, it's simply a boost for the 3 solos in Vanadiel where fulltiming Fan Dance would be helpful and not a detriment.

The samba adjustment is just icing on the cake of why you should already have saber dance 5/5.
    (1)
    Last edited by Asymptotic; 04-20-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Not entirely sure I get why you are espousing Saber 5/5 and the additonal 5% DA from etoile tights +2 so heavily - care to explain?
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Follow the fun flow chart with me:
    1 : Are you on Dancer? (Yes/No)
    2 (No) : Leave.
    3 (Yes) : You should probably have Saber Dance up. Do you have Saber Dance up?
    4 (No) : Okay, then Etoile Tights +2 aren't the best TP legs. Finish using your one Waltz every 3 minutes and put Saber Dance back up.
    5 (Yes) : Etoile Tights +2 are the best TP legs.
    (2)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I see...

/shrug ah well, as far as the meriting is concerned though I can see why having 5/5 saber was better prior to this but going 5/5 now just for longer sambas seems like a waste.

Yes I know Fan cuts off our only unique support and inhibits the bonus from tights +2, but it seems like 5/5 fan would at least give an additional defensive utility to the JA depending on the amount of waltz recast down it gives.

I can at least see a situational advantage of having it, while I cant really see one for longer samba durations - especially since with sword/presto the 35 tp you'd lose every 1:30 isn't gunna hurt you realistically.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 04-20-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast