Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    If they instead make samba have reduced recast timer during saber dance, I think I have more reason to keep fan dance lower.
    (0)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    yea longer Duration is nice and all, but when are we going to get see something that boosts the effect.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i guess im the only one willing to be content with the planned changes? i mostly see just complaints

EDIT: Boost the effect? like maybe those relic +2's do?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    yea longer Duration is nice and all, but when are we going to get see something that boosts the effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    EDIT: Boost the effect? like maybe those relic +2's do?
    And those Haste Samba Merits?
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i guess im the only one willing to be content with the planned changes? i mostly see just complaints
    Fan Dance adjustment is absolutely worthless aside from the free 3min recast @ 1 merit. Saber Dance adjustment is kind of like pretzels. It's not what you want, but you eat them anyway because they're around.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    Fan Dance adjustment is absolutely worthless aside from the free 3min recast @ 1 merit. Saber Dance adjustment is kind of like pretzels. It's not what you want, but you eat them anyway because they're around.
    You pretty much just nailed 90% of what these Merit Adjustments have been. I"m not in the slightest surprised that this one was situational and not entirely a huge upgrade, just like Assassin's Charge, Feint, Warrior's Charge, etc etc all were "Okay" Additions, BUt nothing game changing.

Its not that I don't understand the idea of wanting more, But what was to be expected? Almost all of the other reduced timer Merit updates were mediocre at best.

And calling something absolutely worthless aside from Clearing up 4 Merit slots to adjust to other areas is a bit silly. Then again I'm not too keen on what DNC's merit this days, BUt I imagine clearly up 4 spots could call for some readjusting of your cat. 2, Which could be the real bonus.
    (3)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    well i have 5/5 fan dance already cause i do alot of solo so i find its adjsutments very nice. granted now i may make some changes, but i def dont see these things as worthless.
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Really? The Samba everyone uses is haste Samba. That costs a whopping 35 TP. Duration now is 1:30, or, 23 TP per minute. What is the new duration per merit level? I haven't seen any numbers. If it is double, then the cost would be 12 TP per minute - a saving of 12 TP per minute.

Really? You would barely notice that on a parse. SE seems to have a habit of making adjustments that make imperceptible differences and calling them earth shattering.

Now, if you really want to make a difference, look at the effect of the merit ability themselves. Have each merit lift the decay floor of the effect. For SD, after 30 seconds, the DA rate would decay to 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%, 40%. Same for the damage reduction of FD.

Now you'd have something.
    (1)
    Last edited by Lokithor; 04-25-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    144 seconds with AF1 head.
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    well i have 5/5 fan dance already cause i do alot of solo so i find its adjsutments very nice. granted now i may make some changes, but i def dont see these things as worthless.
    Stop using it as a crutch and learn to solo without Fan Dance.
    (1)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast