Vrytreya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    you're bad at DNC.
    That's not an insult?

Anyway, I think I'll end up with 4FD, 4SD, and 2 NFR after this update implemented. Of course, I'm hoping a significant decrease on waltz timer on FD.

The 3-minute recast timer is quite a deal for me. Now you can switch between offensive and defensive stance more often.
    (0)
    Last edited by VZX; 04-23-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Whether or not being bad at part of a game is an insult is up for debate, the fact of the matter is, I didn't say if you don't agree with me, you're bad at DNC.

I said you're not going to benefit from 5/5 Fan Dance unless you're bad at DNC. I used to think Fan Dance was better, myself, because I didn't realize the full potential of what I could do on DNC.

In my eyes, this is the exact opposite of an insult, because I'm giving advice under the assumption that you're not bad at DNC, and therefore don't need Fan Dance except for emergencies.

The waltz timer changes 5% per merit level. Since waltz recasts aren't that long anyway, it translates to a few seconds most of the time.

With Waltz Hat:
    Waltz 3: 8 Seconds
    Waltz 4: 15 seconds
    Waltz 5: 21 seconds
    Healing: 11 Seconds

5/5 Fan Dance w/ Recast hat:
    Waltz 3: 6 seconds
    Waltz 4: 12 seconds
    Waltz 5: 16 seconds
    Healing: 10 seconds

tl;dr It's not saving you or anyone.

Not going to do times w/o Waltz Hat, because if you don't have waltz hat, you probably have BST, and therefore I hate you anyway.
    (1)
    Last edited by Asymptotic; 04-24-2012 at 02:01 AM.

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Seriously though, Dancers, invest in a PDT set!
    (1)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    Not going to do times w/o Waltz Hat, because if you don't have waltz hat, you probably have BST, and therefore I hate you anyway.

Lol best comment ever. XDBST! Bst is fun to play tho sometime... im not 75 since im soloing only that'll take long....
    (0)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Howdy!

Just wanted to give a bit more insight into the dancer adjustment.

As a result of the increased Samba effect duration for Saber Dance, the rate of recasting and TP consumption are reduced, which contribute to a greater attack rate.

The main effect is focused on Saber Dance itself, so instead of raising the effects on Samba, we made adjustments aiming to allow players to concentrate on attacking.
    (0)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    No offense, but it's not a very useful adjustment at all. Should have been something along the lines of +attack/criticalhitrate/accuracy per merit level.

Interested to know what kind of adjustment you would have given to Sambas, though.
    (2)
    Last edited by Asymptotic; 04-25-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    As a result of the increased effect duration for Saber Dance, the recast time and TP consumption are reduced, which contribute to a greater attack rate.
    Clarify please? As I understood it, Saber Dance has exactly the same duration as before (5 minutes). Saber Dance is not a Samba, and thus won't be affected by the increased Samba durations. "As a result of the increased effect duration for Saber Dance" therefore seems to be either wrong or nonsensical.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    you see, if you have to cast sambas less with saber dance, you will have more rounds of attack because you wont have the job ability delay you get for rounds of attack. I am sure the recast time thing means since one merit now equals 3 minute time recast instead of 5 before.
    (1)

Apologies for any confusion. I updated my previous post to make it easier to understand. Basically with a longer Samba effect duration from Saber Dance you do not need to recast it as often and can save more TP which lends to more attacking.
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    No, we knew what you meant. It's just that the duration bonus, if this is indeed what we're going with here, is not nearly large enough to be considered something other than a quality of life adjustment.

It's a pretty nice quality of life adjustment, don't get me wrong. But that's all it is.

EDIT: oh, motenten was confused.
    (1)
    Last edited by scaevola; 04-25-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast