Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    I'm honestly not upset about this as much as this is all we are getting an adjustment.
    I mean come on square enix why the hell are we getting the short end of the stick?
    3 spells that are a job specific joke adloquium and the animus.
    2 spells that require two hour. oh thanks because i want to wait 2 hours to do something useful.

at this moment id rather hear us getting another useless spell then see an adjustment, because maybe it'd be something to look forward to.
    These adjustments are only for the Group 2 merits with -recast as additional merits, there is no reason to expect additional adjustments along side it to be honest. The new additional effect being crap is the only thing to be upset with here.

That said, the road map has "Job Specific Merit Category Expansion" on it, which I assume to be Group 3 merits. No that I have much hope those will be any better, Scholars merits are quite literally just expansions of the MP/Attributes/Other/Magic Skills merit categories, rather than expansions of the actual job. If they went with any of the suggestions from here for Group 3 merits (of which there are plenty) I'd be amazed. I fully expect an ability version of Aquafail for one of our new merits.

The rest of the year looks pretty bleak for Scholar to be honest. A new 2Hr for all jobs which will most likely just marginalize our current one, 2Hr merits are probably laughable and Group 3 merits. Tweaks based on play feedback could be a possibility for something but if "Modus Veritas doesn't fucking work you ignorant pricks" hasn't gotten through yet, I have no hope it ever will. Maybe I'm just not being optimistic enough though, given the amazing history SE has in this department.
    (3)

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    i'm completely there with you sotek i honestly am im getting really annoyed with trying to play nice with square enix's ignorance
    (1)

Player
    I don't even get a sense that the development team has read anything from the Scholar forums (or job forums in general really). The most feedback we've gotten was on Manifestation nukes, Cure V and something to do with Killer traits that I honestly think was mixed up from another job forum (which is so damn reassuring); pretty much all the common suggestions which the JP forums put forward too. I'd consider healing over time spells and Regen V to be a victory, but back when Scholar was released I figured Regen would be our thing due to Helices and the level we learned them.

I don't particularly care if any of my suggestions get added, but a "We read your suggestion and here's why we're not doing it" would be nice, though they'd have to come up with a damn good reason to keep me playing and explain why Libra has to have such a stupid range on it or why Modus has to be completely worthless.
    (3)

Character
    Lucek
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    As far as SCH is concerned, I'm fairly new, but I have been playing it almost exclusively for the past month. I believe something like the following would be reasonable for Enlightenment:

1 Merit: The next spell cast may be from the white or black addenda, regardless of current arts. Penalties/bonuses for your current arts still apply.

2-5 Merits: Each additional merit reduces the cost/cast/recast penalties by 5% and increases the bonus by 2.5%. The penalty reduction and bonus increase stack, showing as a net change of 7.5% each merit for the opposite arts but still only a 2.5% change each merit for the correct arts (see list).
    1. Correct arts: 10% discount to cost/cast/recast. Opposite arts: -20% penalty to cast/cast/recast.
    2. Correct arts: 12.5% discount to cost/cast/recast. Opposite arts: -12.5% penalty to cost/cast/recast.
    3. Correct arts: 15% discount to cost/cast/recast. Opposite arts: -5% penalty to cost/cast/recast.
    4. Correct arts: 17.5% discount to cost/cast/recast. Opposite arts: 2.5% bonus to cost/cast/recast.
    5. Correct arts: 20% discount to cost/cast/recast. Opposite arts: 10% bonus to cost/cast/recast. 1 Stratagem may be applied to a spell of the opposite arts.

Upon achieving 5/5 merits, a stratagem can be applied to a spell from the opposite arts.

I humbly submit that this suggestion would make it useful for more than the hourly Reraise, without making it overpowered.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lucek; 05-15-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Player
    Can you guys adjust Enlightement as follows?

Currently it says "Optimizes White and Black magic capability and allows casting of spells from both addenda". While it does allow casting from either Addenda, and skills are boosted as if both arts are active, black and white magic aren't really optimized. The skills are boosted but MP Cost, Casting Time and Art bonuses are not active. So if I'm in Dark Arts and I need reraise, if i throw up Enlightenment I still suffer the Dark Arts -20% MP penalty and 20% casting time to my Reraise. At the very least, for a 5 minute merit job ability let Enlightenment do the following:

1) Increase magic skills as if both Light Arts and Dark Arts are activated simultaneously.(This is already a present effect)
    2) Allow casting from either Addenda(This is already a present effect)
    3) Allow the SCH to benefit from MP Reduction/Casting Time as if both Arts are active.
    4) Allow the SCH to benefit from Arts bonuses as if both Arts are active i.e bonus to Regen spells in Light Arts/Helices in Dark Arts. This way if I'm in Dark Arts and I Enlightenement+Regen V, it will be as if I was in Light Arts when I cast it and experience augmented duration/potency on it.

I think adding #3 and #4 to a 5 minute merit ability would be far. The bonuses should not stack with arts like how they do with Tabula Rasa up obviously. I just want it so that if I cast a spell in an opposing Art with Enlightenment up, I'm not penalized heavily in terms of MP cost/cast speed and bonus effects for a 5 minute merit ability.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 05-15-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    So... Just following up on this. Anyone use the Dark Arts Reraise ability for anything else useful?
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Noooooooooooope.

I think ONCE I used it to cast break on a mob that was resistant to sleep while I was in light arts, but aside from that, nope.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    What's Dark Arts?

/cry
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    What's Dark Arts?

/cry
    Funny, because I could say the same for Light Arts. I'm a terrible healer so I just blow things up.
    (2)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    So... Just following up on this. Anyone use the Dark Arts Reraise ability for anything else useful?
    I've gotten into Manifestation + Enlightenment + Ice Spikes. Enlightenment gives that extra enhancing skill for spike potency that would normally be missing in the Dark Arts that's required to AOE spikes. Not huge of course, but why not? I need to use it for something in that 60 minute reraise duration.

I'm guessing you're asking now because of the new INT/MND bonus though. I can't think of anything outside the obvious, and functionally pointless, for that.

@Eric : I hadn't thought about break, but have actually done the same thing now that you mention it. I remember I used to use Enlightenment for Sleep II before it became subbable with /RDM. Break is similar now. I was doing skeles for the wind magian trial and converted too close once. Don't ask why I built a wind magian...
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast