Player

[dev1108] Job Adjustments: Dragoon

The Dragoon updates are fine and look really nice. But there is one problem with all those updates. As much as you update the job it won't make a difference if the Dragoon class cannot be up to par with other jobs.

A few updates ago the Wyvern was updated to handle better with AoE attacks. So far this has been ineffective. Using Steady Wing, Temporary Items Spirit Link don't work properly to at least have a survival chance for the Wyvern. Specially in Voidwatch this is a huge problem if the trigger has to come from this pet. So you have to factor in if the wyvern is alive or dead and hope that your timer is up again so you can call it and try to trigger again.
    That being said, we come now to a second problem. Wyvern's breath is chosen in a way that it is impossible to trigger unless you have certain key jobs to lower the element defense on the notorious monster. And even if the key jobs to lower the elemental attribute of the targets, it's not a guarantee that they will focus on a single wyvern to be able to trigger. Instead they pay attention on other jobs and roles instead.
    Dragoons alone cannot modify the breath that is expected at will. Leaving this as a second factor of why Dragoon is unreliable in Voidwatch again.
    In third place, and I find it the most confusing one is the following: Dragoons are supposed to excel in polearms over other jobs and yet the poorly delivered damage done by polearms, specially compared to other jobs that have a higher damage output on the weapons they are good at. Thanks do this damage output being far for balance makes it a third excuse to not invite Dragoons to end level content. Dragoons are just not a viable compared to other jobs like MNK or WAR for damage. Also Dragoons are not as versatile as other jobs when using more weapons than just the one that excel. So if you have to use other weapons, at least Dragoons should have access to more Weapons Skills of the sub par weapons.

Let's sum it up:

Wyvern Pets are not able to stay alive, even with all the efforts a Dragoon has to do to keep it alive. It's just not possible. So please, if you are going to make it survive, the "updated wyvern" needs to be redone again and properly.

Dragoon should be able to control, via a JA or an Elemental Angon (Angon that lowers the specific element resistance) which breath attack is going to be done. Otherwise, even if possible to trigger, there's no chance a Dragoon can trigger by itself. This makes a Dragoon very dependent on the alliance set to do such events and at the same time a job that can be ignored since it requires too much to take part in events.

Dragoon's Polearm damage is laughable. If you compare to other jobs that have an A on their skills, Dragoons are way behind them, even with a capped skill. Why is that? What's the reason behind not allowing Dragoons to be on par with other jobs that also have A or lower rating on their weapons and manage. If changing weapon skill damage output is not an option for the dev team, how about using what Dragoons already excel at: ignoring defense. Dragoons have the best ignore defense WSs in the game. Make sure to use them. It could be something like 50% def ignored with 100tp, 75% with 200tp and 100% with 300tp. Or something along those lines.

Make sure Dragoons have a spot in end game situations. Otherwise it's very frustrating to not be able to play and enjoy the game as Dragoon just because they are very unbalanced and rather useless in most situations the game offers.

Thanks for your time.
    (0)

Elemental Angons?? Please, for the love of Pete....NOOOOOOOO!! Have enough elemental clutter as is from mage jobs and WS pieces. If the aim is to have control over breath use, it needs to be menu driven. Even if it has to be implemented as a charge system like what they now have with BST. But for heaven's sake, no more situational use elemental gears.

There's more issues in this post that I'm sure more seasoned DRG's will want to comment on (casual DRG player),so I'll leave that to the "pros".
    (1)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Other then the fact that every single one of these adjustments should have been included with the last ones and they only seperated them by some inane resoning that it would increase the longevity of the game.
    (0)

Player
    I don't care much if it's through items or through a menu command (if I recall correctly, DRG has already capped their slots for abilities available). So any means of controlling breath attacks from the wyvern is a welcomed addition to any DRG. It will make DRGs more reliable.

I welcome all dragoon players to post on this, share their ideas and hope the dev team hears us and makes some improvements for us the dragoon lovers.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Maybe they can give "invincible" effect to the wyvern by using certain items. They really need to lower call wyvern timer to 3 mnts, and give us more reward items of some sort so that we can keep the wyvern alive for much longer. But so far all the adjustments are fantastic.
    (0)

Player
    Make Wyvern immune to all AoE damage and cut the recast timer down to five minutes. I'm tired of not having Buster fight at my side.
    (0)

Player
    All I want to know about the adjustments is if Empathy will still copy the max # of buffs 5/5 merits into it does now, after the adjustment.
    (0)