Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Crit Hit Kick Based WS

Crit hit WS's are an important aspect of dealing alot of dmg in Abyssea, but while Footwork had recieved alot of work in the past to make it much more popular, a lack of a kick based crit hit WS has really hurt Footworks usefulness.

Please add a Crit Hit Kick Based weapon skill for MNK (multi-hit would be a plus).
    (0)

Id say rework the modifiers a bit on MNK WS's. I could configure my setup to have 999 atk and have over 300STR but sill have a difficult time breaking 3k with with non-emp WS's.
    (0)

Character
    Evilvivi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    H2H WSs have good modifiers, except Asuran, which should only be used outside of abyssea. You can break 3k dmg on Ascetic's Fury pretty easily with the right atma, although with my current gear I average around 2.5k but get as high as 4k.

As for a Crit Hit Kick Based WS, why would you even want this. To optimize it you would have to use Footwork, which is so much slower than meleeing regularly.
    (0)

Player
    As for a Crit Hit Kick Based WS, why would you even want this. To optimize it you would have to use Footwork, which is so much slower than meleeing regularly.
    There is something called a Footwork Build.
    Using Ursine +1 or +2 you can kick twice almost ever time. In abyssea, these kicks can crit for 350-500ish points of dmg. 2 kicks gives you 25 TP, and WSing when you have footwork active gives a large amount of TP return (46tp return for Asuran). On top of that, Footwork gives you an attack boost of 15% with AF3+2 feet which also increases the weapon dmg while using WS by +45 which is added to the +18 that footwork naturally gives making a 53 dmg weapon. Just because footwork attacks slower does not mean it has no use.
    (0)

Character
    Evilvivi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Ursine +1s and +2s are still bad, since during FootWork you max out at 2 kicks per round. So whereas meleeing normally you can do up to 6 swings per round + an additional kick attack. Also, during Footwork you suffer a penalty to attack delay.
    So its almost like an old debate about Haste vs. Att. and we know, haste wins out. Also, without a conserve tp I dont see Asuran Fists netting 46tp. Because, you gain 6.4 tp per hit, so that is

6.4x2: 12.8 (I think it would get rounded down to 12)+6 given you hit all the hits, which is 18tp, and if it gets rounded up its 19, so unless you stack on a crapload of stp gear.
    (0)
    Last edited by Evilvivi; 03-17-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Evilvivi, the attacks per round caps out @ 8, you can kick and DA the kick for 2 kicks in 1 round.

But everything else is correct, and I agree we don't need a crit hit kick WS, we need a much better AoE WS. TK can get well over 3k if geared correctly, but to get that, you have to become a spike DD, and mnk is not about that. Monk is about DoT, constant unforgiving pain, not massive pain every 2 minutes.

As for people referring to abyssea situations.... please, test outside of abyssea, post results here.
    (0)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

While punching?

No. You cannot DA a kick. You can never hit 2 kicks in a round without Footwork or an AF3+2 Set Bonus proc. Ever.

MNK can also use Cataclysm, which is easily one of the strongest AoE WS inside Abyssea (it takes fulltime Mighty Strikes for Fell Cleave to top it).
    (0)

Character
    Martinius
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    MNK can also use Cataclysm, which is easily one of the strongest AoE WS inside Abyssea (it takes fulltime Mighty Strikes for Fell Cleave to top it).
    yes, sort of. cataclysm (along w/ jinpu and wildfire) is basically the strongest brew ws against mobs not strong to darkness. when using in catacleaving, you have to use the same brew atmas (cosmos/smiting/griffonclaw or ultimate, gc being better). so while catacleaving, your wses will likely be stronger than a non-MS fell cleave, but the war gets to use all his DD atmas. (plus war gets tp from retaliation, whereas our counters don't give us tp, so they are WSing much more than us... maybe i should make a thread demanding that :3)
    (0)
    Last edited by Martinius; 03-17-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Yeah, Tp is the only fail part about catacleaving. If I can find a camp with mandies or frogs it typically becomes a non-issue though, as I tend to have 100 TP back from received hits by the time my WS delay is up. I just wanted to point out that Mnk does, in fact, have a good AoE WS already.
    (0)

Player
    Ursine +1s and +2s are still bad, since during FootWork you max out at 2 kicks per round.
    Yeah you cap out at 2 hits, but the frequency of hitting twice is much mich higher. I can crit 2 kick attack with these for 800-900 or so dmg, which is about the same ( if not more) dmg I would get if I added the dmg from the average of 4 or so hits from hitting without Footwork.

It is more about how you prefer to play. Sometimes I would rather hit slower but harder.

The thing that needs to be concidered is gameplay outside of Abyssea, but no one seems to think about that at all anymore. People act as though 90% crit hat rate is normal and all things should be adjusted to that fact. Outside of Abyssea, Ursine +2 do not crit hit 90% of the time for 200 dmg. Outside of Abyssea my Footwork build with TK are a godsend.

we need a much better AoE WS.
    I do agree with this.

Also, without a conserve tp I dont see Asuran Fists netting 46tp. Because, you gain 6.4 tp per hit, so that is

6.4x2: 12.8 (I think it would get rounded down to 12)+6 given you hit all the hits, which is 18tp, and if it gets rounded up its 19, so unless you stack on a crapload of stp gear.
    I am not sure for the reason behind it, but tp return while footwork is up is different that without it. I get about.. 29? or so tp returned from Asc. Fury which, correct me if I am wrong, is a single hit WS, and I have no store TP gear other than Raja's. I can promise you that I get much more TP returned from Asuran than 18tp.

Here is another post explaining Asuran TP return from Footwork. (3rd post down)

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/59057-Footwork
    (0)
    Last edited by Nvr; 03-17-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast