Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    As far as I know it's not possible for any sort of Footwork build to out-damage Verethragna. Impetus also highly favors standard H2H over kicks.
    (0)

Player
    Oh, I forgot every single MNK has Verethragna, so when anything is discussed about it's usefulness, it should be compared to it. I agree with your point on Impetus, but no one implied that Empy. H2H is worse than Footwork, so I don't really see why the existence of Verethragna is an argument against Footwork.
    (0)

Sorry, I'll rephrase:

As far as I know it's not possible for any sort of Footwork build to out-damage Revenant Fists +2.
    (0)

Player
    I'll rephrase:

No one is saying that Footwork is better than anything.
    (0)

Character
    Martinius
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    basically, the power of footwork was getting an absurd double attack rate while using the OA2-3 claws, and parlaying that into an x-hit build, allowing you to ws very frequently. when the level cap went up further, mnk got another level of martial arts, and thus the x-hit builds didn't work anymore. add impetus and all the fun toys we've gotten and footwork is just not worth it anymore.
    (0)

@Nvr: I must have misread then? If Mnk is always going to do more damage with h2h, why does Footwork need a new WS?
    (0)

Player
    If Mnk is always going to do more damage with h2h
    Really now. Just because something in the game like a specific weapon exists does not mean that anything other than that is useless. If your an elitist that absolutly only does anything that seems to be the best idc, but just because there are situations where H2H is better than Footwork, and my whole point of the thread was not even to discuss this, does not mean no one should ever use Footwork or so anything other than what is the "best".

The whole point of the topic was to request a multi-hit-crit-foot-based WS to bring up the use of footwork. There is already every why of H2H WS, aside from elemental I think. If SE is going to add new WS's I would like to see a multi-hit-crit-foot-based WS. I really don't care if you dissagree because you don't use footwork. Footwork exists and some people like to use it in situations. The WS I would like to see would give MNK a type of WS they do not have yet, and it would allow it to be useful in more situations. I don't see the point is adding another H2H WS that does the same thing as the other H2H WS's except maybe make the others more useless.

If you understood what the topic presents then you should realize that
    As far as I know it's not possible for any sort of Footwork build to out-damage Verethragna.
    really had nothing to do with anything and was a fairly pointless and obviouse statement.

As a side note,
    The board has not been up too long and you are nearing 300 posts, so you are obviously pretty opinionated and I am not going to bother responding any discussion with you related to "H2H > Footwork" argument you decided to introduce to the thread.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nvr; 03-17-2011 at 02:42 PM.

My point was simply that, while it may be fun as a toy, I don't see the Mnk job as a whole benefiting from a new Kick WS. I never said it wouldn't be interesting. It might be kinda neat. But, at the moment, Footwork is so far behind in terms of utility and overall damage that adding a new WS to it may only be counterproductive. We may only get 1-2 more WS on the way to 99 as well, so that's something to consider. I doubt anything they add could beat Victory Smite, but I can hold my judgment on that till the update.
    (0)

Character
    Ayamesan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Greatguardian is correct in everything he said.

there was a very short period of time where Footwork had increased popularity because of the updates to it, but if any monk is still using it they are gimp.

If you consider yourself a monk main and you don't have Revenant Fists +2 or Empy, then you should drop everything you are doing and get it. It's not like it's hard at all to get.

Monk is already so powerful, why should SE make another WS to cater to people who are playing Monk the wrong way?
    (0)
    Last edited by pheare; 03-20-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by pheare View Post
    Greatguardian is correct in everything he said.

there was a very short period of time where Footwork had increased popularity because of the updates to it, but if any monk is still using it they are gimp.

If you consider yourself a monk main and you don't have Revenant Fists +2 or Empy, then you should drop everything you are doing and get it. It's not like it's hard at all to get.

Monk is already so powerful, why should SE make another WS to cater to people who are playing Monk the wrong way?
    So I guess SE should never do anything that might improve Footwork because atm there are things that are better. I mean, why improve anything if there is something better. We should all be playing exactly the same way anyways, and if people don't play like us they are "gimp". We don't want anything to ever change either, we always want what is best right now to always be best, because we like to know that what we are doing makes us better than the others that don't play like we do.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast