Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Alexisjade
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Cancel Service and keeping character information

I hardly play Final Fantasy XI these days and I'm thinking of taking a break from the game till a time I can get back in the game.

But I do not want to loss my character and all my hard work.
    If I cancel my service, will I still have my character if I decided to come back in a few months time or will I have to start again?
    (0)
    You're dammed if you do and you're dammed if you don't

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Think the grace period for termination is 3 months, after that you could loose your character.
    (0)

I think the character reactivation service lets you bring back a character no matter how long you've been gone, but I'm not too sure.
    (0)

My account was inactive for 8 months due to being unable to pay using the new system. All of my characters were still there when I came back. I don't know anyone who has quit in the past 5 years and come back after any amount of time to find their characters deleted. However, their names go up for use if they are inactive too long. As long as you just deactivate them instead of deleteing them from the character select screen, you will still have them.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Think the grace period for termination is 3 months, after that you could loose your character.
    They no longer delete characters. Brother and his girlfriend took a 6 month break and all was fine.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They don't delete characters anymore. The policies still mention it but they don't do it. I have a mule that's been inactive for well over a year and it's still tehre.
    (0)

I think even back when they'd delete characters there was still a way to retrieve your old one, it was just a hassle to do so.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah at this point - you may want to, and wait 6-7 months till Dec 2012 where they may actually have good contents and some new mini add ons, and hopefully "adjust" the existing content such as Legion, Neo Nyzul and Voidwatch and make them fun, enjoyable, accessible and feasible. Until they finish launching FF14 version 2.0, expect minimal works to be done to FF11. Let's just hope they don't think we will just all move to that other atrocity and actually have to pay for it
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Yeah at this point - you may want to, and wait 6-7 months till Dec 2012 where they may actually have good contents and some new mini add ons, and hopefully "adjust" the existing content such as Legion, Neo Nyzul and Voidwatch and make them fun, enjoyable, accessible and feasible. Until they finish launching FF14 version 2.0, expect minimal works to be done to FF11. Let's just hope they don't think we will just all move to that other atrocity and actually have to pay for it
    lol to be honest XIV is a lot more fun than XI is atm. You may personally hate it (if you even played it that is) but to be honest, XIV is (and will be) a lot better than XI once it relaunches, not only do they have a better foundation for unique content (thanks to a new engine compared to XI) it'll have a lot that XI doesn't and won't.

You enjoy your voidwatch, legion and nyzul and whatever else they rehash..just don't be surprised when a lot DO move over if it's attractive enough.
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Look, they may surprise us all with 14, and really revamp the game for the better. BUT please do remember, there is the golden boy there that is doing all the hard work to make sure the turd will turn into GOLD. I do applaud him for his vision, creativity and hard work, not to mention the understanding of how to make a fun, addictive, enjoyable game. Though judging from the history of FFXI, the minute Mr T take over FF14 after version 2.0 revamp, you can bet that the same atrocity will repeat itself again. Unfortunately SE does not have a great history of knowing how to listen to player feedback, judging from FFXI. You better pray and hope that Yoshi will stay to guide FF14 long after the revamp, otherwise all his hard work will be for nothing.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast