Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Archenemyx
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Ninja merits, job traits and abilitys

I feel that some ninja tier 1 and tier 2 merit are to a point useless. Tier 1 consist of augmenting ninja magic a subtle blow. Your only option is fully merit subtle blow and pick ans element. Tier 2 is the worst it has capable merits but lacks functionality. Ninja tool expertise is on of the best and money saving merits a ninja can get. Then come the San spells. elemental magic is cool but you know what would have been better turning san spell in to real scrolls and making kurayami, hojo, and jubaku san, but I understand there is nothing that can be done now .In another forum i posed Sange should instead of being a ranged attack should instead be next ws this move would be big but would only work 15 fully merited every 5. I would even go as far to say ninja should also get a new realistic job ability and traits. Dancer,thief, blue mage got duel wield why can't ninja get evasion bonus. lastly I think if would be fare to have a move similar in nature to sneak attack but only exclusive to elemental weapon skill
    (3)
    Those are nice some nice powers mind if i barrow them

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Why would NIN not get a throwing merit when its A- in throwing?...
    I cant stand all these NIN who dont think about throwing at all
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    Why would NIN not get a throwing merit when its A- in throwing?...
    I cant stand all these NIN who dont think about throwing at all
    Throwing is for low levels, once you reach 75 it's obsolete, get over it.
    (4)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

It's only obsolete if you don't use it. RA can be useful in some situations but for the most part it is better to keep swinging for now.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Throwing is for low levels, once you reach 75 it's obsolete, get over it.
    The only reason it's obsolete is because SE decided to not allow for readily available shuriken. Nor have they added circumstantial boss fights, its just some hack and slash spree to see who gets the highest numbers (ie, who has more inches on their wang)
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post
    The only reason it's obsolete is because SE decided to not allow for readily available shuriken. Nor have they added circumstantial boss fights, its just some hack and slash spree to see who gets the highest numbers (ie, who has more inches on their wang)
    I fail to see the problem here, if you don't like it, go play a different job.
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm not a NIN but the way I see the merits laid out seems to indicate that you pick one or two elements and cap them out. Go 5/5 Hyoton (ice one) damage and 5/5 Hyoton: San, you now have a potent fast casting free nuke that can be thrown out whenever possible, similar to COR's quick draw. Sange is an interesting one, especially after NIN's AFv3 that gives you more shadows. If your not immediately tanking the monster you can toss our a pretty big chunk of damage.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    I'm not a NIN but the way I see the merits laid out seems to indicate that you pick one or two elements and cap them out. Go 5/5 Hyoton (ice one) damage and 5/5 Hyoton: San, you now have a potent fast casting free nuke that can be thrown out whenever possible, similar to COR's quick draw. Sange is an interesting one, especially after NIN's AFv3 that gives you more shadows. If your not immediately tanking the monster you can toss our a pretty big chunk of damage.
    It doesn't actually toss out a pretty chunk of damage, you actually lose damage using it, since it does less then meleeing and then also have to recast shadows you would of otherwise had, losing even more attack rounds/TP.
    (3)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I fail to see the problem here, if you don't like it, go play a different job.
    This seems to be your only defense, but is totally absurd, because you give no explanation as to why Ninja should lose Elemental Ninjutsu AND Throwing merits altogether, other than "I don't like it". Well guess what, if you don't like it, you play another job...

It doesn't actually toss out a pretty chunk of damage, you actually lose damage using it, since it does less then meleeing and then also have to recast shadows you would of otherwise had, losing even more attack rounds/TP.
    Have you even tested it out? Do you even have proper INT/Ninjutsu gear, or Ratk/Racc gear? The proper Merits in place? Run the numbers? Because I have, and have done more Dmg in Abyss with Sange throwing Manji shuriken (Lv48 ammo) than most other's WS's. Not to mention the TP it gives you for landing 5 hits. Wow great you lose your shadows.

But your solution to the problem seems to be to completely remove something entirely rather than improve upon it. It's fine though, I doubt SE will actually listen, because if Ninja loses Elemental Ninjutsu or Throwing, you might as well call it "Bladedancer" or "Assassin" and just forget that this is a Final Fantasy game.

Btw, Ninja never had "Throwing" in any previous FF installment... right?
    (4)

So you loose what, 2-3 attack rounds for tossing a sange-ruiken and recasting :Ni? Even if it was four rounds you'd have to put out 750 DMG per round to equal a 3k sange. I don't know about anyone else but my ninja isn't that "unber" to put out 750 a round unless I get super lucky and get crits and DA on each hand and that wouldn't be an every attack round kinda thing. So my ninja isn't the best; but it gets the job done with no complaints... other than yours I guess... :?
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast