Character
    Darkbass
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Shed some light on crafting superstitions?

Camate I was wondering if the DEVs could shed some light on the well known crafting superstitions and beliefs if they already haven't.

Does facing a certain direction positively/negatively effect the success or high quality rate of a synth?

Does the time of day or moon phases effect success or high quality rate of synths, or does moon phase effect anything at all as far as drop rates?

Is there anything more to do to increase the chances of purely succeeding in making a synth or making it high quality other than having as much skill as you can that's generally not known by most of the players?
    (3)
    The one who walks the road of Twilight. Bow to no one. Defeat everything.

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While nobody has any definitive proof of anything it's generally agreed that:

- Direction you are facing and day of the week has no influence on synthing whatsoever.
    - Moon phase affects fishing but has no effect on other crafts or drop rates.

I honestly prefer SE just keep it to themselves, they've been asked about it before and said "just face whichever direction you believe is best".

See here for some helpful tips on crafting facts and superstitions.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alkimi; 04-15-2012 at 01:35 AM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Luck is luck, but it doesn't really effect you facing a specific way anyway. That's the way I look at it anyway.
    (0)

While there may or may not be an effect, if we haven't seen a reliable difference in 10 years of playing, it's doubtful the difference would be statistically significant.
    (0)