Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Dancer tank gear? Help Me Out!

So what are people's tank and I guess solo set ups(Merits included.)?
    (Just finaly hit 90 before the shutdown.)
    (0)

My [Full] Evasion set up. You will be wanting to make a few in between set ups since NM's accuracy will vary and once you hit the cap, no more amount of evasion will help you.
    Dagger:EVA Dagger
    Neck: Torero Torque
    Head: Empress Hairpin (Or O-hat is fine, but since I'm capped on ACC most of the time the +AGI tacks on a few extra points of Evasion).
    Hands: Denali
    Body: aurore
    Ring: Heed
    Back: Boxer's Mantle
    Legs: Charis Tights +2
    Feet: Ballerines

I would recommend putting Ballerines, EVA Kila and Charis Tights +2 on your priority list since those are easy to obtain and great options to TP in (especially the tights).

Torero can be replaced by Evasion Torque if you don't have a LS to kill Pankorator for you (or if you don't want to buy one from a merc), Boxer's can be replaced by Blur Mantle, Denali Hands by Derobade mittens(but you still may want to get Denali for a -DT set later), Empress by Fugacity Beret and of course you always have the option to use EVA+ Earrings, but I've never found them necessary yet (same for getting an EVA belt).

And again, don't use your full eva set for everything, mix and match and try to get the most haste out of it while just capping your evasion.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Need to start the daggers.
    Never heard of the neck, have the torque.
    Have the head.
    The body.
    The ring.
    The back.
    Killed all 3 of the leg seal NMs before the shutdown, but none dropped.
    Have the feet.
    Add: Have Scouter's Rope back from when they were 30k.
    (0)

Player
    Slither Gloves are another nice alternative for hands, since they have Subtle Blow on them. And tanking, if the mob is using less TP moves then you won't die as fast.
    (0)
    The King of Fools.
    MNK/DNC/SCH/THF

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesterking View Post
    Slither Gloves are another nice alternative for hands, since they have Subtle Blow on them. And tanking, if the mob is using less TP moves then you won't die as fast.
    Appearently on Siren there were 11 Slither on AH, but they were still 1m...
    (0)

Character
    Yokuhime
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    Dagger:EVA Dagger
    Head: (Or O-hat is fine, but since I'm capped on ACC most of the time the +AGI tacks on a few extra points of Evasion).
    Body: aurore
    FAIL!

heres my Eva set

Dagger (main hand): Fusetto+2, (offhand) Parazonium+2
    Ammo: Charis feather
    Head: Emperor hairpin (empress hairpin)
    Neck: Evasion Torque
    Earring: Brutal earring, Suppanomimi
    Ring: Raja, Airy Ring
    Hands: AF2 (+1)
    Body: Furia vest
    Back: Boxers mantle
    Waist: Scouter's Rope
    Legs: Charis tights +1
    Feet: Emissary Boots (some ppl say Ballerinas are the same)

You dont need Eva dagger and Aurore Body is allways fail!
    (0)
    Last edited by Yoku; 03-18-2011 at 09:51 PM.

[DNC99] [WAR99] [SMN99] [DRG99] [COR99] [PLD99]
    [Sandoria: Rank10] [Windurst: Rank10]

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Haha.... Aurore body has more Evasion than your Furia Vest and probably does better damage.

People have very different philosophies about how tanks should gear, often dependent upon how good the support they're used to is. I personally feel my duty is to keep myself out of one-shotting range while I do as much damage as I can safely do.
    (0)

Player
    Really though, if you want to tank on DNC, just go full DD/Haste with Haste Samba and Saber Dance up and have the WHM spam heal you like how every other DD job tanks. Keep hate with Waltzes, get rid of all -ENM gear and get +ENM for them instead. Spam heal yourself for hate and anyone else in your party. Divine Waltz II pulls a lot of hate as it is so stocking up on potency and +enm is going to staple hate on you. If you're talking about soloing, then get EVA gear if not, then don't. Best thing for tanking is a full DD/Haste Set, Enmity for Waltzes and an -MDT set and you can pretty much tank any abyssea related NM.

On note of the Slither gloves, I bet there's huge undercutting going on. My server had them at 1mil for so long and then they dropped to 450k a day later. I'd be willing to bet if you tossed a lower amount of money at them you'd get them.
    (0)
    The King of Fools.
    MNK/DNC/SCH/THF

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    In Abyssea, that's exactly what I do, except that I don't use Waltzes for Enmity. Saber Dance blocks them, and they're shitty enmity/TP anyway.

The Enmity caps are low enough anyway that if you do a bit over 6000 damage you have capped hate. In Abyssea that's approximately one self-skillchain, and outside Abyssea it's two.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeoni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesterking View Post
    Really though, if you want to tank on DNC, just go full DD/Haste with Haste Samba and Saber Dance up and have the WHM spam heal you like how every other DD job tanks.
    ^This. Though dnc af body has -enmity still use it for waltz's if you are wondering. Dmg is your best source of hate, just do the best you can. Also, Curing waltz III is your most efficient recast to HP healed ratio cure, Especially if your Anwig salade is augmented with -2 waltz timer. Abuse it.

I Strongly recommend an Evasion build like previous posters have pointed out. Something to look into is Subtle blow gear as well, keep that in mind, i incorporate it into my evasion sets on thief and dancer whenever at all possible.

Fan Dance and Saber dance are he only 2 G2 worth meriting, No foot rise and closed position are extremely limited and can be made up with gear respectively. This is my opinion.
    (0)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast