Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Player
    mh tbh i was thinking about dropping my haste samba merits for step accuracy lately ~.~
    i use step acc hands/feet/earring + acc gear on steps already but theres still those moments where presto > step > fail > next step > fail > rage -.-

almost never use haste samba tho ._. the only times when i'm on dnc i'm solo and either fan dance and tanking or soloing some easy mobs and sabre dance + 50/50 drain or haste
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by headstrong View Post
    mh tbh i was thinking about dropping my haste samba merits for step accuracy lately ~.~
    i use step acc hands/feet/earring + acc gear on steps already but theres still those moments where presto > step > fail > next step > fail > rage -.-
    There are ways to remedy this without getting Step Accuracy Merits. Such as food, more accuracy gear, Dagger merits, and if it comes down to it, Quickstep is the most accurate step, so drop a quickstep or two on it if you really need to land the steps. You'd be hurting yourself by dropping Haste Samba merits.
    (0)
    The King of Fools.
    MNK/DNC/SCH/THF

Player
    guess i will need to start cooking some pizza again.. love em on thf anyways
    actually i dont think i could ever bring me to drop my haste samba merits anyways..
    meh i just really hate missing steps ><
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Double evasion kilas and prioritize haste/dw on gear, followed by ago/Eva/subtle blow. Saber dance and let the whm heal me, or drop sd every 3 minutes to top myself off. If overall damage mitigation were more important than enmity generation, plds would not be in nearly as awful a state as they are; doing things like using scouters over a haste belt or empress hairpin over charis is questionable in my mind.

Maybe if you're fighting a gnat, I guess.
    (0)

Character
    Rieul
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesterking View Post
    THF naturally has 20 higher Evasion skill then DNC does (THF 361 vs DNC 341). It's a huge difference. They can hit the evasion cap with a lot less gear.…
    ((not counting CP, I presume?))

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterking View Post
    @Rieul I don't understand why you would choose to use Drain Samba or God forbid, Aspir Samba over Haste Samba, yes, Drain Samba has it's utility but if I'm in a party with other people, nobody wants Drain Samba. The only reason I use Drain Samba is either by accident or when I'm killing really weak stuff so I don't waste my TP on Waltzing myself and save TP for WSs. Or if Saber Dance is up and I don't want to click it off to Waltz myself.

In no way is Haste Samba merits a waste. Step Accuracy is. If you miss Steps, add more ACC to your macro. It's as simple as that.
    As DNC/WHM, I can cast haste on myself and still use Drain Samba, if I run low on MP, (gogo ethereal) I can use Aspir Samba (mob permitting of course)
    No, I don't think Step Acc is the end-all-be-all for DNC merits. However what i don't need in ACC I make up for with more ATK, DEX, STR or haste% even.
    If you don't like it, noone said you had to do it my way. I am NOT trying to tell ANYONE how to play.
    I was explaining my reasoning, nothing more.
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Don't forget on top of the 20 skill thief get, they also get Evasion Bonuses IV & V, adding another 35 Raw evasion to the mix on top of what the skill adds.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Rieul View Post
    As DNC/WHM, I can cast haste on myself and still use Drain Samba, if I run low on MP, (gogo ethereal) I can use Aspir Samba (mob permitting of course)
    No, I don't think Step Acc is the end-all-be-all for DNC merits. However what i don't need in ACC I make up for with more ATK, DEX, STR or haste% even.
    If you don't like it, noone said you had to do it my way. I am NOT trying to tell ANYONE how to play.
    I was explaining my reasoning, nothing more.
    Fair enough.
    (0)
    The King of Fools.
    MNK/DNC/SCH/THF

Character
    Pussnboootz
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoku View Post
    FAIL!
    You dont need Eva dagger and Aurore Body is allways fail!
    Um... what? seriously?
    News flash, having 2xKila+2s means you don't even have to wear a single other piece of evasion for most things. Not having at least one is incredibly retarded and lazy. And strictly speaking of evasion tanking scenarios, how, exactly, does aurore body fail? Because you don't like the color? It's got the same eva and acc as a SH plus STR (not exactly a huge bonus) and double attack.
    (0)
    90DRG 90DNC 90PLD 90COR 90RNG 90THF 90BLM 90NIN
    <Insert random accomplishments and/or merits that no one else cares about here>
    Friends don't let friends watch American Idol.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoku View Post
    If you think so! But i bet i can tank you out.
    No matter how good you are, you'd be better if you got rid of stuff like Furia Vest and Airy Ring.
    (0)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9