Thread: Dominion Ops.

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Dominion Ops.

I would like to suggest, maybe it would be possible to implement this option to those Dominion Ops.

Instead of having Dominion Ops repeatable, The idea is giving the player the option to double or triple up on Dominion Ops (Quests), this could help with the lag around the Dominion Sergeant NPC, also within a big party the mobs tend to die so fast, one could be walking out to fight and complete Said Op, having to just walk back to Dominion Sergeant just to claim the reward. This could also help and stop players from just running laps.

Example:
    Talk to the Dominion Sergeant, Player can pick one of the following;
    Option 1.) Kill 5 Mechanical Menace. Reward 5,000xp.
    Option 2.) Kill 15 Mechanical Menace. Reward 15,000xp.
    Option 3.) Kill 30 Mechanical Menace. Reward 30,000xp.
    (Cruor, Seals works the same how they are now.)
    (10)

Think the bit about the rewards was one of the main hangups they have with making them repeat---something funky with the code they are concerned about monkeying with.

To be honest, since my goal now is mostly for the XP rewards (all armor is +1/+2 mix now)...I'd be fine if repeating the pages meant it functioned just like GOV/FOV--with the similar restrictions to the Cruor/Notes rewards (once per game day). Select your OP, then it prompts for auto repeat. Select "Yes" and it sets a flag to redirect to a subroutine for repeating the op with no seal reward but gives the XP and cruor/notes reward once a game day, else it continues to behave as it always does and you have to return to the NPC to close the op, and get rewards.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think players (and devs) shout realize that running to the NPC for your exp reward is not worth it when you are in an alliance, unless you leech.
    (2)

Character
    Qiqirnmercenary
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I was gonna suggest something similar Krashport.
    What about a system where you can do more mobs from a dominion ops based on your current fame level.

Such as:

Fame 1 = Normal amount
    Fame 2 = Double the amount
    Fame 3 = Triple the amount.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    NPC (First time only): Our operatives in your world have discovered these books you call "Field Manuals" and "Grounds Tomes," and have found that they are able to remotely track your progress on the operations they assign and can reward you remotely as well. My record books have now been infused with a similar ability. If you so choose I can set your OPs to renew automatically and reward you remotely. Please note that I cannot issue you physical rewards in this manner, so you will only obtain experience rewards. You still have the option to obtain physical rewards if you decide to report back to me at the completion of your OPs instead.
    (4)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Still cannot fathom why they can make this simple changes on ALL ground tome, field of valors and dominion. Why not apply the GoV mini bonuses to FoV as well and opens up many options for camping outside abyssea.
    (1)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    I think players (and devs) shout realize that running to the NPC for your exp reward is not worth it when you are in an alliance, unless you leech.
    This. superfluous text
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    NPC (First time only): Our operatives in your world have discovered these books you call "Field Manuals" and "Grounds Tomes," and have found that they are able to remotely track your progress on the operations they assign and can reward you remotely as well. My record books have now been infused with a similar ability. If you so choose I can set your OPs to renew automatically and reward you remotely. Please note that I cannot issue you physical rewards in this manner, so you will only obtain experience rewards. You still have the option to obtain physical rewards if you decide to report back to me at the completion of your OPs instead.
    This is a viable solution if there is a problem just let the player obtain a an OP's Recorder Linkpearl.
    (1)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    GoV and FoV are not concerned quests, reason why they can be repeatable without Book checking they do not effect game balance. Therefore why I chose "Modes" on Dominion Ops, cause they are concerned quests. We all know having to repeat a quest, we have to go back and talk with said NPC, having Easy Option 1.) Normal Option 2.) Hard Option 3.). seems reasonable. Could even add a Tough Option 4.) The tougher the better!

Example: (There might be something similar already, can't remember. Battle Trophies comes to mind...)
    Talk to the Dominion Sergeant.
    Option 4.) Kill ## Notorious Monsters. Reward ??? Title ???

It's just that 5 mobs is really to weak, we're walking back and forth (laps) to NPC more then anything. Having to accomplish more for fewer (laps) and upping the reward on Dominion Ops in "Option's" as having to walk a bit and exploring more I would do it.

(well I can't speak for everyone but family, friends and myself.) I mean no one wants to post say, Page one just to kill 5 mobs (5mins/max) unless it's next to a Dominion Sergeant, having to go across the map to just walk back to the NPC to finish a quest seems edit;pointless to much of a timesink. This could even put those camps that are never active,.. active cause we're going to be there longer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Krashport; 04-14-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Still cannot fathom why they can make this simple changes on ALL ground tome, field of valors and dominion. Why not apply the GoV mini bonuses to FoV as well and opens up many options for camping outside abyssea.
    pretty sure it's because the level of domination fluctuates, the extra calc seems to be a hang-up, GoV doesn't have to deal with that. On the other hand, you're right, the extra calc shouldn't be that big of an issue to roll into the roll-over. The issue might be the seal drop tho, GoV doesn't give drops upon completion.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast