Character
    Archenemyx
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

I need a better blade:jin set up

I am looking 4 a better gear set 4 blade: Jin till i get blade: Hi. My average ws damage on lord varney is around 2k my attack is 827 in abyssea so i am dumb founded why it not higher. I am using +1 emp gear but my body is KO and my hands are relic
    (0)
    Those are nice some nice powers mind if i barrow them

Character
    Langly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It's a multiple hit weapon skill that can critical. It's going to be volatile in terms of damage output. 2,000 Damage Blade: Jin isn't anything to scoff at, as I assume it fluctuates above and below.

You need to include what atmas you are using to better understand the claim to the lack of damage.
    In abyssea:
    You can really do better than the Kirin's Osode. Look for things that up your critical damage or your WS mods. Loki's or Iga +2.
    Relic Hands are a great nighttime weapon skill option, thought I'd be using Haefoc mitts at all times of the day if you're using Atma of the Razed Ruin.

If you can give us an impression of your gear during weapon skill and the atmas you are using it would be far easier to answer your question.
    (0)
    Faule -- Quetz
    Langly -- Ninja land (it's a place don't look at me like that)

Player
    loki isn't that great, due to it's lack of str and the 50% crit dmg cap (at least for me, using kamome)
    i think usually crit rate, DA/TA, STR and DEX are the best choice, at least in aby
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Code:
    Head	Aias Bonnet
    Body	Iga Ningi +2
    Hands	Koga Tekko +1 or Ninja Tekko +1 or Bandomusha Kote
    Legs	Usukane Hizayoroi or Byakko's Haidate
    Feet	Iga Tekko +2 or Usukane Sune-Ate
    Neck	Breeze Gorget or Thunder Gorget
    Waist	Breeze Belt or Thunder Belt
    Back	Atheling Mantle
    Ear1	Centaurus Earring
    Ear2	Brutal Earring
    Ring1	Epona's Ring
    Ring2	Rajas Ring
    Ammo	Qirmiz Tathlum
    Warwolf Belt may be better outside of Abyssea than what was listed.

Also, with Loki's, you wouldn't be hitting that crit cap unless you're using the wrong atma.

Razed Ruins => 30%
    Kamome => 10%
    Qirmiz Tathlum => 5%

So you could still take on Loki's for 5%, but I think that Iga Ningi is a better choice overall.

Also, Haefoc Mitts are not a good choice. While it's true that dDEX will be capped for certain using Razed Ruins, fSTR will be capped from cruor buffs and other STR gear. So there really isn't much advantage to STR over DEX except for the 2 STR = 1 Attack. With Heafoc Mitts, you gain 13 STR but lose 4 DEX and 8 accuracy. Since STR and DEX are both secondary mods, all this really equates to is STR +9 accuracy -10. You would be better off using Ninja Tekko +1 (or Koga Tekko, when you can.)
    (0)

RR 30%, Kamome 10%, Qirmiz 5%, Loki's 5% = 50% unless that was a typo that you're not hitting Crit Damage Cap with Loki's.

Iga Ningi +2 is definitely better outside of abyssea, I'd still use Loki's inside of Abyssea though.

And B/O. Kotes are generally going to be better that anything else except maybe Relic gloves at night. Other than those two things I agree with Mojo.
    (0)

90 RDM THF SAM NIN WAR BLU ~ Resident lolRDM of notKujataanymore
    90 Twashtar 85 Kannagi

Character
    Archenemyx
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Well I use RR,GH, and VV, I don't apoc yet
    (0)
    Those are nice some nice powers mind if i barrow them

Quote Originally Posted by xSylarx View Post
    Well I use RR,GH, and VV, I don't apoc yet
    You would probably be better off with Dark Depths instead of VV, it will cap your crit hit rate which will lead to more consistent damage on your Jins.
    (0)

90 Twashtar 85 Kannagi

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    In regards to Loki vs Iga Ningi +2~

Assuming you have 1.45 crit damage already, +0.05 to that yields a 3.45% marginal damage increase on the hits that do crit. This is assuming every hit crits. This will never occur. The percentage of crits that do occur is somewhere between 74% and 95%, which is hard for me to predict really giving the lack of information known on Blade: Jin's base critical hit rate. Either way, taking this into account yields a marginal damage increase of between 2.55%~3.28%.

Some quick napkin math puts WD at around 160~180 (before Iga or Loki's) assuming good gear and atma (RR/GH/Apoc.) The tail end is visions zones while the head is heroes (due to differences in cruor buffs.) This isn't a precise number but it's a decent ballpark figure. Iga Ningi +2 will increase WD by between 6-8, 7.2 'average', while Loki's will increase it by between 3-4, 3.3 'average'. So the marginal damage increase stemming from a WD increase is going to be approximately around 1.83%~2.06% for Loki's, 4.00%~4.50% for Iga Ningi +2.

The benefits from Loki's more or less stops there as there aren't any other stats, besides perhaps a mostly negligible Store TP trait, that contribute to how it can help Blade: Jin. If you compound the two increases, you get something like a total marginal increase of around 4.43%~5.41%.

Again, these values aren't exactly what you observe, but they're pretty good ballpark figures around what you probably would observe. You can see that the WD increase from Iga Ningi +2 alone is comparable to the total benefits Loki's provides. If you factor in the 17(23) Attack, 17(23) Accuracy, and 5% increase in Critical Hit rate it's clear that Iga Ningi +2 is going to be the better choice.
    (0)

Aight, I don't have even the +1 yet anyways but good to know.
    (0)

90 Twashtar 85 Kannagi