Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

kikoku and its aftermath

With the level cap goign past 75 the effectivness of Kikoku's aftermath seems to be inferior to that of kannagi or nagi. I purpose it either changes to something different or augments subtle blows. The augment could either be Silent blows allowing a % chance to give 0 tp off a hit or maybe a cheap en spell for all i care, dmg would be based on subtle blows with armor, traits, and merits for a reasonable dot dmg.
    (0)

The worst thing about Kikoku's aftermath is that it requires you to use Metsu in the first place.

The best thing about Kannagi's aftermath is that you were most likely going to use Hi anyway.

P.S. I think the word you wanted is propose, not purpose. Not trying to get at you.
    (1)

blade metsu dmg out side is 2-3.3k out side unless blade HI is out dmging that out side and in vw, that would make kikoku inferior, it also has 20% chance to do x3 dmg on auto attacks. I'm not trying to say kikoku beast kannagi but lets get looks at the "numbers" kikoku isn't a crappy weapon unless you aby only then your kannagi wins.
    (0)
    Last edited by vixin; 04-12-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Player
    Target/ buffs/Kikoku level? I find all of that highly unlikely from what I've seen.

Quick Math has Kikoku just about doing that on DC mobs and trailing far behind those numbers on a T3 VWNM.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 04-12-2012 at 03:37 AM.

5. 04-12-2012 10:31 AM

Player
    Still didn't list the Target... and as far as I can see you're cherry picking high values, that is most certainly not an average against anything with moderate defense.
    (1)

it was Aello, but none the less this post has nothing to do about blade metsu but kikoku's
    aftermath
    (0)

Character
    Raihaku
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by vixin View Post
    blade metsu dmg out side is 2-3.3k out side unless blade HI is out dmging that out side and in vw, that would make kikoku inferior, it also has 20% chance to do x3 dmg on auto attacks. I'm not trying to say kikoku beast kannagi but lets get looks at the "numbers" kikoku isn't a crappy weapon unless you aby only then your kannagi wins.
    Regarding Aftermath
    Yeah the aftermath is very underwhelming, I recently obtained a kikoku and currently on the 90stage and 99 to come. It would be nice if it had a moderate plague effect or Amnesia, both of which should have a decent land rate on higher lvl content ( I know that might be broken xD ), but anything better than 10 SB >_< Or the ability to exceed the SB cap of 50% at the very least.... I don't know, what do you guys think?

Regarding Damage
    I don't know what you are using to generate that kind of numbers, Mine are all over the place, and without triple or double going off I don't see the numbers getting remotely close to Blade: Shun, would you care to post your gear or if someone could shed light on what I'm doing wrong xD. Currently using

Main: Kikoku (90)
    Sub: STR Arisui

Head: Ocelomeh Headpiece
    Neck: Thunder Gorget
    Earring: Brutal Earring
    Earring: Moonshade 4atk 25%TP Bonus
    Body: Toci's Harness
    Hands: Iga Tekko +2
    Ring: Rajas Ring
    Ring: Thundersoul Ring
    Back: Atheling Mantle
    Belt: Anguinus Belt
    Legs: Byakko's Haidate
    Feet: Athos / Koga +2

I find Shun is highly stable damage, whereas the Metsu is highly unpredictable...
    (1)
    Last edited by Lyrminas; 04-14-2012 at 11:07 AM.

i like your input on the plague alot tbh they should adjust relic ws to multi hit ws like animation is not single hits my off hand rranges tbh i dont use str katana but i do have dex katanas and TP bonsu ToM for shun pumps good numbers spaming it at 100 tp.
    ocelomh +1 , toic harness, x2 jupiter pearls, raja/epona ring, iga tekko+2, atheling mantle, dilarams' solleretts,cuhulains belt, moepapa medal, reacton arm, byakko shorts.
    (0)

You're suppose to use Shun with Kikoku, not Metsu. If you stop using the inferior WS you won't have a problem with the aftermath anymore because you won't get it. What makes the relic good is the random triple damage procs, high base damage and the 40 attack. Metsu is trash, aftermath is trash, stop using them, gear for Shun correctly, problem fixed.
    (6)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

over all lyr i think the str/attack katana off hand is a good option for metus usually when you get tonic or attack buffs with metus dmg jumps alot higher.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast